Reviews for Nymph
madderthanhatters chapter 4 . 4/6/2010
Oh-oh-oh! Was she geased? XD

This whole rambling "madness" seems somehow artificial to me, so that would make sense...and we all know what happens to Merlin in the end (and who does it to him) anyways! D

All guessing aside, I must say I'm rather enjoying your work. Funny story - I found your story while googling information on Gwenhwyvach. When I realized that someone actually wrote KA stuff with Gwenhwyvach, I got all excited, and couldn't stop myself from reading it (against my better judgment, actually, as I'm actually working on a Gwenhwyvach/fach/vak/whatever story myself, though happily, very, very different from yours - but I digress).

Your prose is easy on the eyes, not too fancy, but not too modern for the setting, either. Well, to my inexpert approximation, anyways. I get the impression you pay quite a bit of attention to your diction, since your sentences are quite communicative, despite their length (or lack thereof). It's rather refreshing. One thing that bugs me about "serious" fantasy writing is when the prose gets bogged down with pretentious crap no one really cares about, so this is fairly pleasant. And I wish I was lucid enough to give you some constructive criticism, but I'm writing this at 4:26 AM in the 24 hr computer lab (in theory, I am working on an essay. In theory), and so the lucidity is not going to happen any time soon.

Ciao!
Counting Petals chapter 2 . 2/18/2009
The Lady of the Lake caught me off guard because, like Gwen, I'd pictured her being more sedate and regal. That being said, I thought your portrayal was a refreshing change from the other ones I've seen.
GRAYTEXT chapter 4 . 2/6/2009
Screaming lady...definitely a lead in to the next chapter. Will Myrddin get his dinner on time?

Good chapter.
Maelne chapter 3 . 1/15/2009
I must admit I am a bit confused about who is speaking in this chapter.
Sapphire at Dawn chapter 2 . 1/8/2009
Intreguing. A very different take on the Lady of the Lake, it will be interesting to see where this goes.
GRAYTEXT chapter 2 . 1/1/2009
I'm not quite sure where you'll go with this, but I like the reversal of the Lady's stereotypical character. I guess I'll have to read on and see what happens.