Reviews for Without a Noumenon
Count of Casualty chapter 22 . 10/9/2009
Great story! Left me curious about why Winter goes to AA meetings... or rather why he's alcoholic.

Absolutely loved it! There were parts that made me want to cry, some that made me headdesk, and some that just plain gave me warm fuzzies.

Awesome, awesome work! :D
Max-Ashworth chapter 22 . 9/20/2009
Look as a cleverly respond to your response to my review on Bumblebee:

You make me laugh. But. Please don't kill Noah. xD I like him, even if he is kind of a racist twatwaffle. And for the record, I love you too. :'D

Now for a review actually concerning Noumenon:

After last chapter I was like, "Wait...what IS a noumenon?" and looked it up. I, uh...didn't understand it then, and don't really understand it now. I'm not the smartest. But at least I know the definition...

This is the end of an era; and era where no matter what happened there was somehow always ONE chapter I missed. This was updated like crazy, I swear. Every time I saw the chapter title in my inbox I'd grin. Then I'd read the chapter and wonder how it's possible that I could love a story so much when the characters made me want to cry or beat something. It's really a great story, funny, makes people think...

It's sad to see it go, for sure; but we can always re-read it. lol

Don't worry about the ending, it wasn't that bad. :D

Love it, love you, loved the experience a thousand times over/ :D

Love,

AftG, Maggie
lungen-fleisch chapter 22 . 9/17/2009
The end? Aw, sad.

At least now I understand the title. And I really liked the part about Teagan and Winter eating ice cream. They are adorable :]
bob chapter 22 . 9/17/2009
the ending was not kind of horrible. it was just...bad. the rest of it was good, though.
coalhouse chapter 22 . 9/16/2009
Holy shit. I was just like, reading, and then it ended.

...That sounded stupid. What I mean was, I was tottaly not expecting it to end there.

Oh well. I guess it had to end sometime.

Your writing is inspirational. i look forward to reading your up and coming stories.
SerialXLain chapter 22 . 9/16/2009
o.o It's over?

It's a good ending. It just...doesn't feel over. I don't know why. .-.
kepteinen chapter 22 . 9/15/2009
This is one of the stories that has really grown on me and holyfuckit'sover.

/emo

Well, at least there's Bumblebee Road!
Solais chapter 22 . 9/15/2009
Oh, My God, it's the end! Yesterday I read through all of it and today it's gone! Cruel,I tell you, so cruel!

But really, I loved it, even if the end was a little...abrupt, I guess it was the right place to end it: they're together and oh, so in love with each other, Jane and Kevin finally got together, we already know Martina is going to die, so...yeah, I guess it was over.

Congrats for a job very well done! ;)
mintyfish chapter 22 . 9/15/2009
Oh, I'm sad it's over. Although I'm excited to see what you'll do next too, so that's okay. The end was as painfully honest as the rest of it: you're spot on about Brittany's fears, and I'm glad you didn't mollycoddle the difficulties of that kind of relationship, because mostly you don't get the fearless lovers of Philadelphia and Sweet November wiping your brow, as romantic as some people are disturbed enough to believe that is. And while I might doubt Winter and Teagan that love is forever, I do know that's exactly the way love feels when you're a teenager. And I appreciate that you ended it with Martina; it made it feel more like a story about people than a love story with people thrown in, which you see far too much of around here. Your prose style is nice; it's poetic without any frippery. I think there's a shift in tone overall-the beginning is much lighter than the end-but it's not abrupt or arbitrary, so I'm not complaining. Maybe something to tweak if you ever feel like editing, but it still works this way. Like I said, can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve next! I'm sure it'll be good.
the Italian chapter 22 . 9/15/2009
A fine and subtle ending to it. One-eyed bastard though it was, it was well described, and a good story overall. Good work, my friend.
big.break.and.laryngitis chapter 22 . 9/15/2009
I started crying at about "I'll remember being in love with you forever," and now I can't stop. You've just made a mess of me, do you understand that?

I am sad to see it end, too. But happy. Because while it wasn't the perfect, wonderful happy ending, it was still perfect and wonderful. It fit the mood that was set throughout the entire story. It was like life. Life doesn't end when the plot line's complete; it goes on to make a new story. And more things happen. And that's what people really mean, I guess, when they say there's no such thing as a happy ending. Because life doesn't end when you stop writing, like it does in stories.

Sorry for sharing my epiphany with you, there. I have a tendency to do that. I forget that no one cares about my epiphanies, especially when they've figured out long ago what I've only just now discovered.

Very, very good job. This story deserves a medal or a plaque or something. I loved it to the very end. Amazing, amazing job.
Solais chapter 21 . 9/15/2009
I like your story: it's funny, but it's also sad, and quirky and strange, and awfully sweet. Your characters are all weird, but it's what makes them so interesting.

I want more!
kepteinen chapter 21 . 9/14/2009
"..you've finally realized that when people stop telling you you're special and different and non-conformist, that is when you become pretty awesome." So fucking true. I love Martha.

BUT I LOVE YOU MORE. C:
Max-Ashworth chapter 21 . 9/14/2009
Everyone, instead of just Martina dying slowly and painfully. Awesome! I feel accomplished. :D

(Hooray for snark.)

I was just kind of blinking and going, "What the fuck? Does anyone know what she's saying? *grins awkwardly, eyes shift*", for when his mom was talking. I honestly didn't follow. But then, it's 5:41am and I've not slept at all. :D (I was procrastinating on writing a poem by reading on fp all night and by now there's no point in going to sleep since I'd wake up in 20 minutes anyway. lol. Good news is I wrote the poem.)

Welp, I can't think of anything else to say, really. Just ramblings that you wouldn't care about. I'll shut up now. :)

AftG, Maggie
big.break.and.laryngitis chapter 21 . 9/11/2009
This story is one of those things that just seems like it's written by somebody really... wise. I don't know. When I write, I just like, put down the first thing that pops into my head. I suppose not everyone does that, but if it's what you do, then a very interesting head you must possess. I don't really know what I'm trying to say. Just, certain lines jump out at me, make me go, "how does someone even think of something like this?"

Very, very good job. Can't wait for more :)
186 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »