Reviews for Rough Petals
leavesfallingup chapter 16 . 11/8/2012
That was a dramatic event, made more so because it threw people together who never wanted to be together again. What a mess.

The little girl is cute.

How did you type this story with such tiny hands (claws)? Do they make special typewriters for squirrells?
leavesfallingup chapter 15 . 11/8/2012
It is never pretty to see how children and parents who dislike each other behave. It is sad and it never makes anyone look good.
leavesfallingup chapter 14 . 11/8/2012
The title, as well as that entire conversation, was funny. The next story was sad.

What is she going to do about Vince now? Will he gracefully leave her alone or will he cause problems? Somehow the possibility of people finding out what she was doing is like a shadow on the story.
leavesfallingup chapter 13 . 11/8/2012
So they are finally together. The fight didn't make a lot of sense... and I'm a guy. At least it made the two guys relax afterwards.
leavesfallingup chapter 12 . 11/8/2012
The scene with the dog would have played out perfectly on the big screen. That was hilarious
leavesfallingup chapter 11 . 11/8/2012
That was unfortunate. She is already afraid of opening her heart to a true relationship, so this would be devastating.
leavesfallingup chapter 5 . 11/7/2012
You can't help but feel sorry for Mel. He had to know that she was hoping for at least a little enthusiasm. So why did he deliberately hurt her like that? Up until this point in the story I liked the guy, but now I'm just a little confused. His actions don't seem to be in-character with his previous behavior in the story.

Is he deliberately pushing Mel away so that she'll move on with her life?
leavesfallingup chapter 4 . 11/7/2012
Charlie's lifestyle is so odd that I don't even know how to review. It is difficult to believe that she is actually so casual about Mr. $4,000. Do people truly live that way?
leavesfallingup chapter 3 . 11/7/2012
It is odd. In her previous monologue she indicated that she liked sex. Now she is very pointedly pushing this very interested man away. Is it because she feels that it would not be casual?

Why does she hold men at a distance? What happened to make her so hardened?
leavesfallingup chapter 2 . 11/7/2012
It sounds like the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Why do I have the feeling that her "prostitution" is going to come back to bite her later?

She must be gorgeous is someone pays her $4,000 a night for her (ahem) company.
The Quotidian Life chapter 24 . 8/7/2012
It's good that Cole finally got his happy ending. Well written, but again a few typos.

I love cole!

Cheers
TQL
The Quotidian Life chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
I'm going to comment before I start reading this "sequel" to say, and I am rather looking forward to it. Especially with (hopefully) much more Cole scenes. Heehee. I'm in love with Cole

I should really be studying for my exams right now, but how can I when I have an amazing story before me? I've been staring at my computer screen for so long reading Sleeping with the Enemy, my eyes have become blurry. Seems as though I will need to get my glasses in order to continue. I can't stop reading!

Looking forward to Rough Petals

Cheers,
TQL
Bitter.Winter chapter 24 . 8/5/2012
This story was just too perfect, it honestly made me cry. I love all of their flaws and it was amazing. Thank you so much for writing it.
larafrancesca chapter 24 . 7/21/2012
I really enjoyed this story, I'm also incredibly glad that it didn't have a SWTE ending! I don't like love triangles... Anyway, Cole has his love now so it all ok! I know you're taking an indefinite break on 'Midnight Melody' but if you do ever continue it I shall love to read more! I hope everything is going well and that you are in some way still writing, you write brilliantly. I do know though, that it comes and goes in phases. Well at least it does for me...
Take care, Lara :)
rosieroo chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
Hey! As you know, this story has already been added to A Drop of Romeo (under the category of Miscellaneous), but here's your rewritten review!

Rosie Thinks: This story is, without a doubt, one of my absolute favourites on FictionPress. This is exactly the way a sequel should be written. I like how there are some issues carried over from the first one (Sleeping With The Enemy) but the story has evolved from them to become unique. I think the first time I read this, I hadn't even read SWTE and still loved/understood it!

As we all know, Penelope P. is an extremely talented writer and this story does not let you down. The story draws you in from the start with its complete and utter originality. It is not cliche or boring in the slightest, and just makes you keep clicking 'next'. It's based around Charlie, a self-assured woman with a fairly messed up past and present - as in, being mistaken for a prostitute and being paid for sex, the arrival of a long-lost brother, and Cole pushing his way into her life. Cole, from SWTE, is a main character in this and the love interest of Charlie. His character is explored more fully in this story, and you can't help but fall in love with his sensitive side (buried fairly deep inside). All the minor characters have individual personalities that were apparent when the author first described them. Penelope P. manages to create interesting characters that you can't help but become attached to. Even the slightly evil guy, Vincent, had his moments (ie, earring scene).

Their relationship progresses at a good rate and none of their first encounters seemed too contrived and impossible. She also managed to create the perfect balance of fluff and reality, and the bits of drama in it had my heart clenching. I think that one of the best things about this story is Penelope P.'s ability to write ridiculously emotive fight scenes. They are just so real and pretty darn powerful. There are some minor mistakes throughout but they can easily be ignored, especially when, as a whole, it is so well-written. So if you haven't read this story yet, I highly recommend that you do!
1,099 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »