Reviews for Rough Petals
The Quotidian Life chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
I'm going to comment before I start reading this "sequel" to say, and I am rather looking forward to it. Especially with (hopefully) much more Cole scenes. Heehee. I'm in love with Cole

I should really be studying for my exams right now, but how can I when I have an amazing story before me? I've been staring at my computer screen for so long reading Sleeping with the Enemy, my eyes have become blurry. Seems as though I will need to get my glasses in order to continue. I can't stop reading!

Looking forward to Rough Petals

Bitter.Winter chapter 24 . 8/5/2012
This story was just too perfect, it honestly made me cry. I love all of their flaws and it was amazing. Thank you so much for writing it.
larafrancesca chapter 24 . 7/21/2012
I really enjoyed this story, I'm also incredibly glad that it didn't have a SWTE ending! I don't like love triangles... Anyway, Cole has his love now so it all ok! I know you're taking an indefinite break on 'Midnight Melody' but if you do ever continue it I shall love to read more! I hope everything is going well and that you are in some way still writing, you write brilliantly. I do know though, that it comes and goes in phases. Well at least it does for me...
Take care, Lara :)
rosieroo chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
Hey! As you know, this story has already been added to A Drop of Romeo (under the category of Miscellaneous), but here's your rewritten review!

Rosie Thinks: This story is, without a doubt, one of my absolute favourites on FictionPress. This is exactly the way a sequel should be written. I like how there are some issues carried over from the first one (Sleeping With The Enemy) but the story has evolved from them to become unique. I think the first time I read this, I hadn't even read SWTE and still loved/understood it!

As we all know, Penelope P. is an extremely talented writer and this story does not let you down. The story draws you in from the start with its complete and utter originality. It is not cliche or boring in the slightest, and just makes you keep clicking 'next'. It's based around Charlie, a self-assured woman with a fairly messed up past and present - as in, being mistaken for a prostitute and being paid for sex, the arrival of a long-lost brother, and Cole pushing his way into her life. Cole, from SWTE, is a main character in this and the love interest of Charlie. His character is explored more fully in this story, and you can't help but fall in love with his sensitive side (buried fairly deep inside). All the minor characters have individual personalities that were apparent when the author first described them. Penelope P. manages to create interesting characters that you can't help but become attached to. Even the slightly evil guy, Vincent, had his moments (ie, earring scene).

Their relationship progresses at a good rate and none of their first encounters seemed too contrived and impossible. She also managed to create the perfect balance of fluff and reality, and the bits of drama in it had my heart clenching. I think that one of the best things about this story is Penelope P.'s ability to write ridiculously emotive fight scenes. They are just so real and pretty darn powerful. There are some minor mistakes throughout but they can easily be ignored, especially when, as a whole, it is so well-written. So if you haven't read this story yet, I highly recommend that you do!
KJ's Manuscript chapter 24 . 6/21/2012
I have to say I enjoyed this story heaps. It was so fantastical that it made me laugh so hard that I snorted. I was very lucky I was in the privacy of my bedroom at the time, otherwise that would have been extremely embarrassing _

Anyway brilliant job!
Vallen chapter 24 . 6/15/2012

I've just finished this story and I had to say that it is one of the best ones I have ever read in the site. It's awful, but I've been ghost reading the site for quite a while and I felt the need to sign up just to let you know how awesome your work is. The characters are not shallow (even the smaller roles in the story) and you just can't help but get attached to them. I initially wished that Cole ended up with Joss but throughout the story I realized that Charlotte was a perfect match. I know it doesn't make up for all the reviews I missed but I'll make sure to do so moving forward. I wanted to follow (stalk) you on twitter but I cannot use the link. Anyway, you're a genius and I'm a big fan!

N-K-W chapter 23 . 6/3/2012
N-K-W chapter 22 . 6/3/2012
N-K-W chapter 21 . 6/3/2012
I'm crying, so not cool!
N-K-W chapter 12 . 5/27/2012
Haha. :P
N-K-W chapter 9 . 5/26/2012
Again, I simply love your writing.
N-K-W chapter 4 . 5/25/2012
I love your writing style, seriously.
PillbuG chapter 24 . 5/19/2012
I loved your story!

It's so cool that you put in the effort of doing all this. there was nothing wrong with it at all! I thought maybe it was veering on possibly being M rated.

But watt EVER. your so great.

I couldn't be stuffed to login. :P

Anyhow Keep Writing,

Lurveeee PillbuG
Hecate's Diamon chapter 24 . 4/26/2012
Aww :) I'm glad Cole got his happy ending, he deserved it. Very cute story. If I hadn't accidentally started The Rabbit Hole before this one and didn't know they stayed together, you totally would have had me going with the split. Hahaha! I'm excited to read The Rabbit Hole now though! And Noah and Addison's baby! I'm so excited! Great job!
WickedSauce chapter 23 . 4/19/2012

It was fluffy at points, but also realistic, which is an incredible feat for a romance story.

Well done, though. Very believable and dramatic despite its fun-loving characters and whatnot.
1,103 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »