Reviews for Trite Tragedy
Eternal Skies chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
wow, i'm speechless, this is really deep! great poem..it's true
wordsofjade chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
WOW! I love this poem. I love the picture you paint and I feel how they're so lost and don't even know it! Except the main character of course, but still, great job! :)
Elessae chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
Your title is interesting, and the poem itself has many wonderful lines, and I find, very creative in the use of poetic techniques. I love how you repeated your last phrase of "can't put [our] finger on" in selected stanzas - it heightens the sense of loss, of confusion in that loss, and works wonderfully well with your theme/intent.

My favourite stanza is the third - your diction and play on half-completion is beautiful, and I find the imagery of "noisy, sloppy food" heartbreaking.

This is the first review I am leaving for this website, and I admit I don't quite know the procedure, and I don't want for this to sound like a criticism piece for English class, but I do hope you can find some use in the feedback regardless.
chlomione chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
Very descriptive. I love poems like this; your use of words is very powerful. Write more in this context!