Reviews for Once Upon A Nightmare
Guest chapter 24 . 11/24/2016
Okay wow, that was a wild ride from start to finish. I really did not expect most of the twists at all- when Armand spoke to the night terrors, I thought that his power was the fear of night terrors or something like that, which would have been clever, but this is even more creative.

The plot is really imaginative, I really like it. I really like the nightmare before Christmas references, it's quite cool to think that, perhaps, Tim burton dreamed of this and that's where he got the idea for the movie from or something. I really like the attention to detail, for example, gloom having the dreams of Edgar Allen Poe and Alexander riding a motorbike dreamed up by a young Harley Davidson.
It feels like the world is very much fleshed out, but there were some instances where I feel like, although you have the idea in your head, it didn't come all the way through into the story. For example, the three friends (the mummy, the ghost and the werewolf), they seemed like an unused chekhov's gun. And a few times things just seemed to happen a propos of nothing, so perhaps a bit more foreshadowing would have been good to lay the groundwork, for example when Alexander turns and says that violet had been spending too much time in dreams (and later on when she's kicking herself for not having spent enough time with her nose OUT of a book, in the real world)- this feels a bit random. Perhaps in the early chapters it would be good if you could make this a bit clearer- and the fact that violet thinks her dad Doesn't love her (I can tell it was a bit of a bombshell for her, but as the reader, there wasn't much build up to this, so I was just somewhat bemused, especially since this is obviously a bittersweet realisation for violet at the time- she loves him a lot as well. but she hasn't spared him a single thought up until that point.)
I really did love all the twists and turns, and the extremely creative devices (like the reality skipper!)

And this love triangle is really confusing to me as well. but I get the feeling it's supposed to be, so I'm
okay with it.

anyway, thoroughly enjoyed this, thanks a lot
a123123123 chapter 1 . 10/25/2016
Fuck you you worthless cocksucking piece of shit, go back to sucking your father's cock, I shit into your mother's womb and you can eat it too. I hope you die a very painful and slow death from cancer right after that.
dreeming chapter 24 . 6/18/2016
Oh my god. That was such a beautifully intense rollercoaster of a story and absolutely nothing like I imagined in the best way possible. I'm so so glad there is a sequel and I am going to go hunt it down now (nevermind the fact that its late, I have work tomorrow and I'm already sleep deprived)

Please publish this and let me know when you do because I would love this as a physical copy on my shelf!
Guest chapter 24 . 3/26/2016
Wow, I really did not expect this after such an unassuming beginning. A bit girlish I think, but still a great story.
DepthsofInfinity chapter 24 . 3/13/2016
This was so good. I don't even have any other words to describe how amazing this was.
Guest chapter 24 . 2/14/2016
The beginning was really promising. It was an okay read i expected this ending but still hoped for a more developed relationship with either Armand or Alexander. (SPOILER) Gloomy's death really got to me.
JusticeRecieved chapter 24 . 1/10/2016
This story was my entire weekend, and I'm so grateful I found it. I have shed tears-soaked my pillow-reading Violet's story. She was so real; so full-fledged, so herself. Escaping into the world of fiction is something a lot of book lovers can relate to (myself included), and it was nice to see her embark on her own epic adventure, and at the very end realize that life is its own epic adventure.

Good work. Well done. Your talent is obvious. Thank you for making this world for me to read for hours and fall in love with.
madamemercurial chapter 24 . 12/17/2015
-Cries-

That was truly spectacular. Amazing. Wondrous. Proper descriptors don't exist.

I loved it. So much.

You are truly a gifted writer.

thanks for the excellent read,
merc
madamemercurial chapter 12 . 12/17/2015
Honestly, I wasn't certain if I'd like this story, but gave it a shot anyway. I was sort of right. I don't like it, I adore it! It's a spectacular story, and it seems to have a very, very large scale. There's something rather -epic- about this one. Love it.

This is an excellent piece, and I'm only pausing long enough to tell you how glad I am that you've written this. Thank you so very much for your writing.

Hugs and continued reading...
Merc
Trinity chapter 24 . 4/22/2015
THIS WAS REALLY GOOD AND I JUST HEARD A TRAIN WOW THAT SURPRISED ME OOPS I WAS ACTUALLY GONNA CONTINUE THAT WITH I THINK IT WAS REALLY WELL WRITTEN AND TOOK ME IN UNTIL THE LAST SENTENCE. FINISHED IT IN ONE DAY AND CONTEMPLATING READING THE NEXT ONE DESPITE THE UNFORTUNATE TIME OF 1:30 AM AND SCHOOL DAYS. EITHER WAY I LOVED IT A LOT AND AM DEFINITELY GOING TO BE FOLLOWING THE NEXT ONE. MY CAPITAL LETTERS ARE FROM EXCITEMENT AND THE GIDDY ODD FEELING OF FINISHING A GOOD BOOK.
Cassadaga chapter 24 . 4/2/2015
This is one of my favourite stories on this site. I am blown away by it! The thought you put into this is amazing. The world and characters are so strong and defined, and the writing itself is really great.

My only critique is that Violet flip-flopped a bit in deciding if Alexander was on her side or not. Like, she'd loath him one moment and the next she'd suddenly see he was doing it all for her. This happened a couple times but really, it's not that big of a deal!

I also loved how the expected romance was between Violet and Alexander, but it didn't really go that way. I like that you didn't go for the easy one, and that just because they're bound doesn't mean they're romantically interested.

Can't wait to read the sequel!

ALSO! I must know, have you heard the song "Jetsabel Removes the Undesirables" by Bright Eyes? I was reading this story then listened to the song later at random, and it really goes well with it. It references the Annabel Lee poem, the first line is "My brother finds comfort in calculators" (reminds me of Armand being more studious), there's a line "Oh my Jetsabel, look at this hell that I have made" (a la Alexander). Etc etc, read the lyrics, it's such a match to some aspects.

Thanks for this story!
ellaistria chapter 24 . 1/12/2015
Okay, can I just say I'm in love with this story? I'm obsessed with this idea of nightmares and dreams and this whole super amazing world you've created. I have never heard or read anything like this before.
You know it's a great story when it makes you want to keep reading, to explore more genres, to fall in love with new characters, places you have never visited and ideas and possibilities you have never fathom before and I think your story has made me feel that way. I have loved the idea of Chimera with breathing and living Nightmares and Dreams with feelings and needs of their own.
Seriously, I'm head over heels with this story and Alex and Violet and Armand. Thank you so much for sharing it.
sonic-anime-wars-96 chapter 25 . 12/20/2014
Oh my Morpheous. That was one of the best stories I have read. The plot was amazing and kept me on the edge of my seat, the dialogue was funny and the story had so many great moments. The characters were amazing and I don't know of I can pick a favorite. I just came across you story and have been reading it each chance I get. I can't wait to read the sequel. This was just amazing and I loved it. The world and characters were so welldone and interesring. It's great.
Love is a Ring Toss Game chapter 14 . 12/1/2014
I really love this story!
hannaxD chapter 25 . 11/16/2014
Herisihhid.. Your story is awesome!
It literaly transported me into another world, beside the moral lessons about lots of subjects, I liked the little hints :)
I feel sorry for Violet though, wish she didn't lose her dreams entirely - she reminds of myself quite a lot too! Rather living in dreams and rejecting reality landed me in a deep pit of depression that was pretty hard to escape, so I can relate :/
Having fun,