Reviews for Once Upon A Nightmare
Mikaela chapter 8 . 7/19/2012
Oh! Annabell lee! One of my favourite poems I the world!
A tip for those who's just discovering EAP, check out "Alone".
Fits right in with Violet I think.

Just love this story, btw! I get all giddy, and in a wierd way homesick almost, while reading it _.
Great job!
Like the new version also, looking forward to completion :-).
Elizabeth White chapter 21 . 7/14/2012
When there be a sequel? This story is too good to leave hanging . . .
Crystal Tears-x chapter 21 . 5/9/2012
First of all I want to say great story! Seriously, the character development was good and the plot was so original. Sure there are some mistakes but one could overlook that. The ending fit well even though it wasn't a happy ending, I think this was the best ending for this story.

I saw that you are rewriting this. You should definitely consider officially publishing this story.

Oh, and if you were to write a sequel (how short it may be) I would definitely read it. (Here is me hoping ;))
SunshineRay chapter 21 . 12/30/2011
Hey there

I loved your story SOOO much. It's definitely a book I would love to hold in my hands, to add to the growing collection of novels on my shelf. D

Violet is SUCH a lovable and interesting character! In fact, I love each and every one of your characters, I love how they're all very different people. Like, people (or Nightmares/Dreams) that I would love to meet. They've really grown on me.

Your whole story plot and the realm thereof is just pure genius and unique.

I even liked the ending. It wasn't a pure 'happily ever after' - not that I was expecting it to be - I don't know. In my eyes it ended as it should have. :)

You're a brilliant writer! I will definitely read the re-written version. :D

And of course, here's hoping for a sequel. :3

Good luck!
xkcbby chapter 21 . 12/25/2011
Ohmygoodness. This story is absurdly beautiful. I found myself thinking: holy shit? Alexander Ira. My god, I can't even begin to describe him. I'm in love with the world and characters you have created. It's simply fascinating; though it depresses me because I would love to have an Alexander in my head.

The language and character development was great, though not the best I've read. The strength of this story would probably be the novelty of plot. Its originality is unsurpassed.

Overall, what drew me to this was the ethereal universe and the very idea of Alex Ira. This was well written, and there damn well better be a sequel because it simply cannot end here. I'll be devastated.
Anon sadly chapter 19 . 12/15/2011
...Okay. You see, I have this thing with touching, usually ending up avoiding it by all cost. But this? If I could, Id hug you. Hug the livin' bejeebees out of ya.

This story is amaaaazing. It needs to be published and a sequel made. I love your characters, somehow Violet's actually likable- you actually dont see that too often, and my god there were actual tears coming from my eyes in the last chapter. Totes adorbz, as my cousin would say. And you know its good if youre crying at the end. )
carmencielle of ff.net chapter 21 . 12/8/2011
This is just... so amazing. I don't even know exactly what to say. As a writer, I can't critique you without being a hypocrite. As a fangirl, I just have to say OMG! I TTLY 3 Dis STORY!1!1 Team Armand!1! I lyk, luvd it when they kissd!

You are seriously a very gifted writer. Your main character was unique yet relatable; her reactions were interesting and plausible at the same time. Violet is my favorite character, for sure, but I also love Gloom. I can accept his death, I suppose, since it would just be stupid if everything turned out perfect. I'm just curious as to how he could die as long as the love of gothic literature exists...

My friend who recommended this story to me was right. This deserves to be published.
LinKat chapter 21 . 11/30/2011
Hello!

First off, bravo and well done! Brilliant story and cast of eccentrics! Each one caught my interest in some form or another.

Secondly, I haven't looked yet but I do hope there is a sequel.

To top it off, I definitely will admit to having opened multiple browser windows on my iPod as each chapter so that I could read this while at work without an Internet connection ... Yea... It's what u do.

...lol

Keep up your splendiferous writing!
anna chapter 21 . 10/19/2011
you're a very talented writer and i really like how original your story is, along with how well you've developed each character and the worlds they live in. the epilogue leaves me wondering if there will be a sequel of some sort? if so, can't wait to read it
rynnzy chapter 21 . 10/18/2011
I'm glad to see you've come back from your mission (that's what I'm assuming you went on)! I hope it was wonderful :) This story is absolutely amazing. And I can't tell you how GRATEFUL I am that you left it up! It's truly a pleasure to reread and reacquaint myself with these awesome characters. I'll comment on the revised chapters as soon as you get them up. Your work is absolutely one to keep tabs on.
Sariah H chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
Can I just say that you are officially amazing. And I missed you. And you make me want to start writing again. I've been checking your blog and was like "O...Kell...I have missed you" Hope all is going well girly and also-Publish Once Upon A Nightmare already. It's phenomenal. You are so imaginative and wonderful.
ErBeBr chapter 22 . 8/18/2011
Miss Jak,

Thank you so much for leaving this story up. I greatly enjoyed it. You are very imaginative and of course witty. I love the depths to which you developed this story. I wish it would just keep going!

Thank you again, Happy writing.

E
MidniteLayce chapter 22 . 8/14/2011
Wow, I don't even know where to begin. I've been devouring your story for the last 2 days and have enjoyed every minute immensely. :) It's definitely going on my fav list, and I felt that you deserved to know how much I loved Once Upon a Nightmare- even if it's just in a simple review.

First off, the world. Magical and genius, it was wonderful to explore along with Violet. My inner child was wishing it were true (Okay, okay- so it wasn't just my inner child. haha). You provided just enough details written beautifully for my imagination to grab ahold of and run with it. It was fresh and original and- like I said before- magical. :)

The characters! I fell in love with basically all of them. lol Violet was an amazing heroine in my book- loyal and strong and loving and wonderfully quirky and sarcastic. I just adored her. :) Alexander was deliciously amazing. Haha His personality made me laugh, and I wish I had one of my own to haunt my dreams. ;) Armand was simply wonderful in every way. His character probably intrigued me the most, and I desperately want to know how he fares in the sequel. Genn I really liked, Gloom I adored (his death was beyond saddening to me, and I suspected it as soon as Violet got moments with his power), and Sweeney I both feared and particulary liked (haha).

Plot! Fantastic! :D I noticed a few cliches, but I didn't even mind them because you wrote the scenes in such a way that they were always charming and entertaining- not overdone. Your writing style in general made me jealous. Lol The dialogue was always witty and the narration through Violet's eyes clearly showed your talent. :)

And now I'm just hungry for more of your work! I know you won't be back for a while, but I'll be eagerly awaiting a sequel when you do. Consider me a loyal fan! :D

MidniteLayce
Ceri Anne chapter 22 . 8/9/2011
This story is just phenomenal! It has got to be one of the best I have read on fiction press. Your writing is so witty and beautiful, you've had me laughing out loud throughout the entire thing! You have also made me want an Alexander to visit me in my sleep ;) I hope you do write a sequel to this, it's just not fair to leave us hanging like this. Also, as much as I love this story, I long for a happy ending. You've pulled a Philip Pullman on us all and I am not impressed! Hopefully I will get an alert pretty soon (I seem to have discovered this story about a year and a half after it was finished... hint hint...)
ruimargrida chapter 22 . 7/12/2011
I just finished this, and it's absolutely delightful. A unique and refreshing plot, this story sucks you in, and the characterization and descriptions are all spot on. So basically, I think this story rocks my socks off.

The main little bit about the story that could be improved would be more exploration of emotions. Alex was pretty closed off, and there could have been more intimate interaction between them before setting off on the journey to the portal. Also, in the tenser and more dramatic scenes such as her death, had there been more description to evoke emotion, the chapter would have been brilliant.

This story is complex, there's so many parts to it from the alternate dream world, the war, the romance and it's all so intriguing, I think this is more suitable to become a series. I really can't wait to read the sequel, I'm sure it's going to be fantastic as well. Is the sequel going to be from Violet's point of view? I really hope so, because with that ending, Violet and Alex aren't really finished yet! Anyways, I'm talking a bit too much, can't wait to see the sequel, and I hope you have a great time on your mission!
560 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »