Reviews for Once Upon A Nightmare
mia.amelie chapter 1 . 11/8/2013
Hi. This is musicbox under a different name. I realized that fictionpress managed to take my email out of my comments. It's a gmail account, and the different name I used for this comment is the name of that gmail you can contact me by if you're still looking for a beta tester.
Drierwor chapter 24 . 11/5/2013
McKelle George,

I must say this is truly a wonderful story to read. The use of Nigthmares and Dreams was very original and is what caught my attention. Thank you again for the amazing read.

Sincerely,
Drierwor
FlyWolfSilver chapter 24 . 11/3/2013
Holy... just holy...!

I started this work of godbloodydamn art just earlier today, and I have been relentless in my reading of it for a good 4 or 5 hours. It's one of those stories that you "can't put down" - in this case, I couldn't tear my face away from the screen. I actually had to take my contact lenses out and put glasses on because the blurred intensity with which which I was reading was knocking them askew.

Jesus. McKelle George, you are an artist. That was beautiful. It had me laughing, and by the end it had me propely crying too. The best kind of crying; not great blubbing sobs, just silent, impossible-to-stop crying because DAMN that cut deep but felt so good. I immediately rushed off to Amazon to download it onto my Kindle. I've learnt the hard way and had a story I was desperately in love with taken off Fanfiction before I had a chance to save it, and it's now lost to me. Not this one. Not this damn story. I'm keeping this one forever!

Thank you, honestly thank you for sharing such a poignant and gloriously vibrant story with us. Your imagination is an inspiration! Please follow this up with a sequel soon, otherwise I feel like life will be a darker place.

FWS :)x
musicbox chapter 24 . 11/2/2013
As I've said, I absolutely loved your story and truly hope you do post the sequel sooner rather than later.

Again, if you want a beta reader, my email is gmail.

Bravo and hurrah!
musicbox chapter 23 . 11/2/2013
Loved how this all came together: Sweeney's role, Alexander's determination, Violet's fate. Such a well done climax. Bravo!
musicbox chapter 22 . 11/2/2013
I loved the interactions between Armand and Violet in this. But I must say, I loved the interactions between Alexander and Violet much more. There relationship has a real crispness and bite to it which is absolutely refreshing to read.
musicbox chapter 21 . 11/2/2013
I found it strange that she slipped into a nightmare, considering I thought that wasn't supposed to happen in this world. Still, I managed to overlook it and still enjoyed the chapter.
musicbox chapter 20 . 11/2/2013
I didn't find all of this particularly necessary to the story. I think for the earlier stuff it would have been better to just catch some images and phrases. Flit through the early experiences until you reach the more extreme moments. But that's just me. I personally am someone who prefers writing which is completely stripped of all fat, and even all meat, and even all bone. Just marrow. That's what I like.
musicbox chapter 19 . 11/2/2013
Again, another fabulous chapter. But I must say I enjoyed the moment of play with the Night Terrors especially so. I do hope we see more of them in The Nightmare King.
musicbox chapter 18 . 11/2/2013
I loved this chapter. But I kinda want to revisit the french thing, since it was brought up with the naming of Armand again. I find the idea that the nightmares and dreams picking a language to be a little strange. Their borders don't operate in the same way ours do, so why would they have one language over another? Had you not really addressed languages at all in this story, it never would have come to mind and, if it did, I would have thought: "Well, they are imagination in some way, so I guess that their language communicates to everyone equally. They're not really speaking English, they're just using a universal language which translates into any subconscious."

If that gibberish makes any sense, at all...
musicbox chapter 17 . 11/2/2013
I loved the use of Poe in this chapter. Sometimes I find quoting things at length can be quite boring, but you did so in a way that truly added to that moment in the story. Bravo!
musicbox chapter 16 . 11/2/2013
The escape was fantastic. I loved the mystery you maintained with the Alexander figure. I must say, the truth astonished me, but made complete sense.
musicbox chapter 15 . 11/2/2013
I love the mind exchange between Alexander and Violet. Very well done.
musicbox chapter 14 . 11/2/2013
Loved how things turns around so quickly in this one.

I find the french stereotype of the love of chocolate a little weird. Also, didn't find the love of chocolate particularly essential to the story as a whole, to be honest.
musicbox chapter 13 . 11/2/2013
I am not entirely sure why she has to work with Donovan on this one. It would have been better if he had something she needed, instead, he proposes a plan which she could carry out without his help. Maybe he could have something which can open the Stitch in Time, he just doesn't know how to get there? I don't know.
560 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »