Reviews for Once Upon A Nightmare
fellintothemoon chapter 1 . 10/18/2014
Hi! My name is Melissa and I'm from a site called A Drop of Romeo. I think at one time a few years ago you were reviewed by us, but this is a different and fuller version. Here's your review:

Melissa Thinks: Violet Darcey is desperate for an escape. Whether it's through books (gothic literature is her one true love) or through her dreams, she wholeheartedly throws herself into imagining a different reality for herself. Unfortunately, this means she's slowly losing her interest in real life in the process. Then one night everything changes. There's something in her mind - actually inside of her subconscious - and his name is Alexander. Of course, Alexander is not a typical boy, but in fact, a Nightmare. "Once Upon a Nightmare" is a novel in which Dreams and Nightmares are living beings. They have their own world, their own magic system, their own monarchy. Suddenly Violet is sucked into Alexander's strange world. He tells her that not only is he stuck inside of her, but not being able to feed off of her now fearless dreams is slowly killing him. Soon they both learn that setting Alexander free may come at a price.

Anyone in the mood for a good supernatural romance has definitely come to the right place. I remember reading this back before the author revamped the entire thing and I am absolutely thrilled to have been able to reread and review this for ADoR. One of my favorite things about "Once Upon a Nightmare" is the amazing characterization. Immediately the reader is drawn to Violet; her strange passion for reading, her fiery attitude, her indifference towards school, the fact that she wants to spend all her time sleeping - she's someone we can all see ourselves being friends with. Then there's Alexander, who's the perfect balance of an asshole and a nice guy. You can't help but love him, even though some of his actions are pretty questionable.

My favorite scene of the entire story was one in which Violet and Alexander are playing a giant game of Candyland and it's such an amazing and perfect moment it gave me chills. The entire novel was eerie yet light-hearted at the same time, which definitely made it one of my more memorable suggestions. I am smitten with this story; the characters, the setting, the plot, basically everything. I cannot wait to sink my teeth into the sequel.
R. Ficst chapter 24 . 9/26/2014
Fan-freaking-tastic. I came back for a re-read, but didn't remember the last half at all. Maybe it was unfinished or mid-edit when I first came across it. In any case. I stayed up way too late but loved it all the way. SO looking forward to the sequel.
TheHungryCaterpillar chapter 1 . 8/19/2014
This story is one of the best on here, with its plotline... It's nothing I've ever see before. Gah, I love it so much. It's been a favorite on my page for a while now, and I re-read it again. I'm so happy right now!
ajashire1 chapter 25 . 6/27/2014
There's a special word for stories like this... it's Lovely
Lady Katreina chapter 24 . 6/8/2014
I stumbled upon your creation in 2010 and reviewed it, obviously overtired.

It has been four years since I have read it and my feelings for it have only gained a greater potency.
Your concept is well thought through, and rather original, the characters well developed (even if some of them are mind virgins), and though this particular ending is rather bitter-sweet- my least favorite type of ending- even before I found out that you had already gotten deep within a sequel I was content. This ending contented me because you resolved all of the immediate problems and my favorite character, the main one, did not die.

Since somehow you were prolific enough to, in these past four years, finish this one and start the next and get 11 chapters in, it behooves me to review, especially because I enjoyed the quality then and enjoy it now. Unfortunately that quality also leave a certain sort of desperation in me to get to the next scene, the end, the sequel. Which means probably no more reviews out of me until I get to your most recent post on The Nightmare King.

Thank you for your hard work.
Luti Faube chapter 13 . 6/5/2014
I went searching for a good supernatural romance with a load of favourites. I found this and I love it so far. Just writing this to say, I checked out your profile and know that you recently updated the sequel - which makes me really happy as it shows you're still alive, and updating on the site. Thank you for that. Keep updating so I have more to read when I can catch up the rest of the chapters (after all my work)

I think it's awesome you haven't denied us authors the honour of reading your material - must people publish and then remove the stories, so we can't read them unless we buy them. Don't do that. Please.
wolfgang.durand chapter 8 . 5/27/2014
The "perfect french" is incorrect :
you wrote " j'ai peur non, cherie" wich seem a bad word to word translation, and lack an accent (chérie)
something a bit better would be "j'ai peur que non, ma chère" althought still ackward
i would advise "malheureusement non, ma chère"
TheMobBunny chapter 6 . 5/19/2014
love it!
Kenneth.t.Cooper chapter 24 . 4/29/2014
Told you I'd finfish it!
Kenneth.t.Cooper chapter 10 . 4/28/2014
So. Still as enthralling as the first time I read it and I still hate having to leave the computer... However, duty calls and I'll be damned if I don't finish this...
Veronica A Hart chapter 1 . 4/25/2014
I leave you alone for a few months and you redo the entire story? Not that I'm upset- I get to read all of it again! Mwah haha ha!...Er, I mean... awesome? To be honest, I wouldn't have noticed, but you posted the sequel and I remembered how much I liked your writing. (After I recognized your pen name, that is.)

Your writing style is really different now. I like it!

Formerly Fullmoon'sCatElf
Kenneth.t.Cooper chapter 1 . 4/16/2014
As good as the first time I read it. I haven't been on in three years and FP won't let me back into my original account. I started "Fantasms of the Preternatural" as Lonzo. I guess joining the US Navy will keep one away from the computer and keyboard... I'm (hopefully temporarily) under the name of SA Cooper, K. T. USN.
regbaby chapter 13 . 3/11/2014
I'm pleased to contact you after viewing your
profile, I would like to share something important with you if pleased do get back to me immediately at
my private box () for a proper introduction for i have a limited time now
I will be waiting to hear from you soon.
Kikinii chapter 23 . 3/5/2014
:/ I feel like you slightly butchered this story from what it used to be. I hope you kept a copy of the original pages of this story because this new version that you wrote isnt nearly as good... The romance is sloppy and rushed in this version, Alexander and Armand arent as cool... And then you killed off gloom which is just sad... What happened to that fruit that violet ate that would play off of her emotions and make her act strange... Or the insinuated romance between her and alexander with armand thrown into the mix? Or when violet fitst met Alexanders dad and mom and she tried making alexander tell them who she really was? (That part was hilarious) I barely laughed during this new re read ( maybe chuckled twice) and idk I kind of dont even want to read past this chapter because its all just bleh. I do hope you at least kept the original copy of this story, it used to be one of my favorites.
Kikinii chapter 2 . 2/28/2014
I like your old, original chapters better... They were more fun. :(
586 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »