Reviews for The Rose
firelife636 chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
I think this is such a cute and awesome story. With a few simple and cute pictures and a fancy title page, this would make an amazing children's book. You definitely should write more short stories like this.

Little kids would enjoy the "love at first sight" theme, as well as the "the prince and girl's love was so strong that hate could not conquer it" theme. This is definitely an amazing story for being written in an hour. It would have been amazing had you written it in five years! Please write more short fairy tales like this; you have a gift at it, and I just thought you should know that.
123HSMluver chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
I really liked this! It was cute! And now I want a rose xD lol

I thought it was cute!
Makkena chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
I like it )

i think your an incredibly talented writer

just keep it up and forget those that try to discourage you
The Uncommon Loon chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
That was a great story on the origin of roses. I didn't think it was dry, in fact, it was like an old fairytale!
Anonymous chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
This is a great story. The only aspect I didn't really like about the story was the ending, not that it wasn't happy or anything, but that it seemed kind of abrupt, as if you were called off for dinner, and just wanted to end it quickly. The description about the "hard, ugly stick with thorns," really could've used some work...
Pterodactyl chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
I like it. The tale has a Russian feel to it. I collect fairy tales, just to read them. Although creation tales are uncommon (mostly due to catholosism) there are a few still remaining in the world. Most of which come out of either Russia, Native America, Mythology, and Africa.

Anyway, the tale was excellent, and you did a good job at keeping it to the literary style that just about all fairy tales are written in.

As for it being dry, it's not. Try reading it out loud to a group of children. They'll love it.

I've got to go. Great Story! And as for it being written in an hour. Excellent job.

RFYS (Read From You Soon)

Pterodactyl
barelyamiable chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
Oh, I didn't think this was dry at all. There was a very fairytale-esque mood to it, I think. I really enjoyed reading this. You gave just enough about the relationship of the prince and the girl. His devotion to her was adorable. And the symbol of the rose was very nicely played out. Very beautifully touching story and wonderfully written! I love it.
dreameratbang chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
Aww. I thought that was very nice. Its very sweet, not dry. Only you might want to add more about the Queen's hatred when she sees them together, because even after she flees she doesn't change them back. Just a thought.

'There was also in this kingdom a young woman who possessed no great beauty or talent but that of her voice.'...don't you think "...beauty or talent except that of her voice" sounds better?

The part about the prince getting enchanted with her was especially cute. :) Nicely done!
fantasticdoctorwho chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
Truly beautiful. _ I love it. You're a genius.