Reviews for Lab Rat
mtorchic chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
This is kinda creepy and interesting... I am looking forward to the next chapter.
hollyblue2 chapter 9 . 8/31/2011
really good! Please update!
Anti-Christ's Angel chapter 9 . 5/12/2009
What's he gonna do? Kill Tuxedo man with the butter knife? I don't think so! I'm hoping it'll be something more creative than that.

I'm glad you're finally going to tell us something about where Smith came from, based on his reaction to the food, I'd say he used to live a fairly comfortable life, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Maplewing chapter 9 . 3/30/2009
Well that's ironic. This morning, I randomly thought of your story (yeah, weird, sorry) and it occured to me that it hadn't been updated in a while. I actually thought of asking you about it. But today I noticed this new chapter while looking through my FP favorites, though my inbox apparently ate the alert message.

I love the line "The man must’ve had a peculiar sense of the words “fifteen minutes”, because right as the speaker clicked off, the door in the hostile room slammed open." Little flecks of humor like that are great, especially in a story like this one.

The last line of the chapter was awesome as well. Nice cliffhanger! Please update soon, because now I want to know what's next. Not that I'm complaining, because I can relate to taking long breaks from writing. Heck, just go at your own pace. I'll wait.
Maplewing chapter 8 . 2/4/2009
5 chapters? Dude, you cannot possibly fit an entire break out and... oh. Wait... I'm not going to be a hypocrite, considering I once crammed an escape scene into a single (crappy) chapter. But still... 5? Damn...

This was one of your shorter chapters, sort of a transition between two plot points, I'm guessing. You have some good remarks about the food in here. I like the line "but a starved man can make anything look like cuisine."

Huh, now that he's fainted I take it his plans are screwed? Stupid food. But it would be too easy had something unexpected not have happened to him, so kudos for that.

...Update this soon, okay? And to me, a week IS soon compared to what I'm used to. You're one of the few people who updates pretty regularly. Congrats! :D
Sylvara chapter 8 . 2/3/2009
I hope it will ... well I will wait and see. :D
Anti-Christ's Angel chapter 7 . 1/31/2009
OMG! What is Smith doing? Update soon please I'm really intrigued. Although there seem to be a few typos in this chapter. I've got better things to do than point them out, so I suggest you give this a quick proof-read.
Sarthim chapter 7 . 1/29/2009
Hmm...a whole project behind Smith...very interesting.

Still, a bit of chapter lengthening would do the story some good. But the overall story still remains intriguing...I'm still very eager to find out what's going on and what the scientists are trying to do to Smith.
Maplewing chapter 7 . 1/29/2009
Yeah, the word "plan" was used a bit much, but other than that good job. The food sounds really nasty, heheh... The "choke on a piece of meat" line cracked me up. It just seemed so funny. xD

Yay, he has a knife now! *Evil smile* I wonder what he's gonna do with it...
Tismynickname chapter 7 . 1/28/2009
Guess who? Here's a hint: im from school and I am part of "The Crew", which includes Joey, Isabel, and me. I promised to got to the baseball clinics on Sundays and havent because of how busy i am. Anyway, this story rocks and I can't wait to read the ending. Please make it soon.

P.S. if you are still wondering who it is, its Tosin.
MidnightFlight chapter 7 . 1/28/2009
nice chapter, though there are a few things that could be worked one, like sentence structure and repetitiveness. in the first paragraph, the word plan was a little overused. you could work on editing a little. but apart from that, good chapter! i'm curious to see where you take this and if Smith does get out. update soon!
Sylvara chapter 7 . 1/28/2009
But the chapters are so small, and the plot so slow...

It's quite a torture for me.

When are things going to unfold ?

When are the setting going to be known ?

When will we know who or what is the lab staff ?

Not even a hint till now... well, not muck of a hint anyway.

Arg...
Sarthim chapter 6 . 1/27/2009
Wow, I'm actually impressed. There's obviously a whole lot more going on than what's been revealed so far in the story and it will be interesting to see what it is.

Chris and the Tuxedo Man themselves are standout characters and good job on making the train of what Chris is thinking flow very realisticly.

However, the chapters could be lengthened a little bit. Give the story a bit more time to set itself up. Other than that, a very eerie and yet enjoyable read.
Maplewing chapter 6 . 1/27/2009
Your writing really is getting better, I think. And no, you can't have a story called "Lab Rat" without guys in white coats. So I'm glad you included them.

This line right here was the best: “Perhaps this time it won’t kill you.” Ha, I love that quote.

I liked this chapter a lot... maybe because got operated on? Heheh... I like that kinda stuff.

PS- Monika is reading this! (she's Midnightflight currently) I bet she found it in my favorites... right Monika? xD
Sylvara chapter 6 . 1/26/2009
Plan that will certainly suceed.

I just hope the guy won't be hurt...