Reviews for Sonata for a Lucid Dream
IceLeopard chapter 3 . 1/24/2013
This is the best short story I've ever read, in my whole life - and I've read a lot of short stories. This is better than even the best of published authors. It's beyond my ability to mentioned in your profile that you hoped to write something of merit before your death, and this is more than just 'merit'. I have spent much time pondering whether it was a dream, or if only the last bit was a dream, or if it all was something else entirely - was she hallucinating? When I first read this about a year ago (before I got a Fictionpress account, and also before I knew that you could review without an account) this changed my life, and my entire way of thinking. Thank-you.
GreenSpear chapter 3 . 8/13/2012
This is incredible. Deeply atmospheric, thought provoking and powerful, this is one of the best fictions I've read on here. After reading this the first time, it haunted my mind for ages after. It's just... wow. And I love the ambiguous ending too, it really seems to home in on the essence of the story and the chaos of the narrator's mind. You should be very proud of this work of art.
Nana chapter 3 . 8/7/2012
Although odd, due to the shift in time by the narrator, it was well written and I only wish I could seen a bit more of the professor.
backtodecember chapter 3 . 7/21/2011
This was good.

I liked the mystery and the suspense. I really like your style, it flows so well and draws the reader in.
backtodecember chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
I like your style with this first chapter. It's like a puzzle, keeping the reader intrigued - wanting to know more about who these characters are. The girl is a mystery. I feel her pain.
Cenowar chapter 3 . 5/16/2011
I... wow. Wow. I have no words. That is how brilliant this was.

Roxie H.
Cenowar chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
This is beautiful. I don't have the time to read it all right now, but I will, absolutely. Wow.

I like the gentle nature of this work. It comes across in practically every sentence. The characters are quiet, contained, but very much alive. I already really care about your protagonist, as well as her love interest (I can't seem to recall their names; you didn't mention them, did you?).

The title is intriguing, too. Is it a reference to something, or taken from somewhere else, or it is just off your own back? Regardless, that's good too (I'm terrible with titles).

This feels real, and wonderfully poetic. Teacher/student is a difficult genre to break into, especially well (as I'm finding), but you seem to have mastered it. I'll try and say more the more I read :)

Roxie H.
57pop chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
Incredible.
Fasia3 chapter 3 . 12/14/2010
It’s 58 degrees Fahrenheit where I am, yet I’m sweating.

What have I just read? I feel like an ant staring at the sun.

Thank for you writing this and exposing it to the world – you’ve helped me discover and bud new branches of myself. As a writer, as an artist. I’m fourteen, and I’ve been writing for three years. The scope and raw, abstract message of this story has helped me to see that I don’t have to restrict myself to what I’m comfortable with. I love gnomic, symbolic stories but haven’t progressed in this area because of fear of failure.

So yes, I’m now inspired to explore new ways of expression. You’ve changed my future... really, you have. (I made this account specifically to thank you.)
Please remove account chapter 3 . 2/14/2009
Hey,

Congrats for finishing! T'was a great read :)

Thanks,

-doo7749
Please remove account chapter 2 . 1/29/2009
Hey,

Interesting story- keep up the good work!

Thanks for the read,