Reviews for Youth Today
a certain slant of light chapter 3 . 3/25/2010
Oh, this is lovely. "The unwanted mirror", ah, just so much love, don't even know why. You need to write more, m'dear. :)
dragonflydreamer chapter 4 . 8/7/2009
I love the first line. Very powerful and eye-catching. It drew me right in.

Once again, I can tell that you chose your words very carefully. Words like "rape" and "rage" and "tearing" contrast so well with "beautiful" and "sing."

I thoroughly enjoyed this collection as a whole. Each piece was very well-written. They all had a clearly unifying theme of "youth today," but each had its own individual message.

Sparkles from the Review Maraton (link in profile)
dragonflydreamer chapter 3 . 8/7/2009
[Not seeing opposite sides] That line confused me. Did it just mean that they weren't seeing opposite because they were seeing the same? If so, I think you've stated that enough already.

[condemnation seeps from/anguished reflections.] Powerful word choice.

Again, the idea behind this is interesting. It takes the concept of empathizing with someone else to a new level by turning it so dark, and essentially saying that all youth is exactly the same.
dragonflydreamer chapter 2 . 8/7/2009
Interesting concept. The whole idea of "repeating history" is used a lot, but you really worded it well with phrases such as "stuck in forever."

[Cause I wonder if I was a mistake] The "cause," seemed a bit weak to start this. I think the line would be fine without it.
dragonflydreamer chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
[Just another social trend] I love how you emboldened that. It gave it so much impact.

I also like how you switched the focus so much in the third stanza. It was jarring, making the reader really pay attention, and then you made it make sense with the last two lines.

Sparkles from the Review Marathon (link in profile)
The-Golden-Hour chapter 1 . 4/11/2009
just another social trend o.O

yea it is Dx
Navarrah chapter 2 . 3/19/2009
The last two lines are what defines me. Unfortunately. I love this
Elephant-Artist chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
very good poem. I need lots of reviews. Please review my stuff.
deefective chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
It is, isn't it?
Isca chapter 3 . 1/28/2009
"And I know, dear, exactly what thoughts are running through your mind." The angst here is overwhelming, yet glorious!

"I'm just trying to survive." *Sighs* Me too...
Narq chapter 3 . 1/28/2009
truth.
a certain slant of light chapter 2 . 1/23/2009
Ugh, this piece made my heart beat faster and I have nothing cryptic to say. D: Love it.
Kate Marshall chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
I love the idea of this the best. Sort of a satire even. But anyway, my favorite line was

lively

beats and jittery feet;

just another social trend.

;D I loved the rhythm in it.
Isca chapter 1 . 1/16/2009
Oh, I love the subtle allusion to self-harm. "Cutting: just another social trend."
Isca chapter 2 . 1/16/2009
"Define self-destruct as "homo sapiens." Unfortunately, there is such truth in that line! Humans needs to get themselves together ASAP!