Reviews for The Rules of Engagement
fictionpress01 chapter 21 . 9/19
Great story. I loved how realistic most of the dialogue was and how the whole 'arranged relationship' cliche played out - it wasn't continually forced nor was it the basis of the story. I liked that you brought the passion and the hate/love aspect of their banter to life with the parts about politics with a real discussion.

I loved the characters and the way they were fleshed out in a relatable way through their previous relationships - with Kim and with Jorma.

I think I do have to agree with the way some things weren't as feasible as I'd have liked them to be - namely, Ant inability to be impartial on the job, the conversation about employees and money laundering at Mindy's house, etc. But I have to say the other conversations were very refreshing in their honesty, even through all the awkward (and not in an artificial, teenage way either) moments and hard-hitting accusations. I liked this line quite a bit: ""I'm just saying that because you think a certain way sometimes you're impervious to other perspectives." and the line that followed. That Ant herself knew the reason why she didn't have any success with her writing at her job made her whole bleeding-heart liberal act the more believable. But then again, I can just see myself as Ant, and I've totally seen types like Dorian - the ones who are caught up on extremes and unable to come to terms with their own self-deceit.

The reason Ant gave for why she was reluctant to jump into the relationship was refreshing in its truthfulness and its commonness. You really did set up the perfect way to bring them together. What an ingenious yet simple way to form their relationship.
mesweetescape chapter 21 . 3/24
oh la la This story kills me :)
I've been very lucky to run into such amazing, well developed and written stories as of late and thought you deserved a review for keeping this awesome story on fictionpress for us to read.

The epilogue is confusing, minus the i love you's and I hope you come back and finish what you started with it!

More dorian please hahaha
Fan chapter 21 . 2/13
Hate this ending but love the sweet story
Fan chapter 20 . 2/13
Now this was sweet
Fan chapter 19 . 2/13
Fan chapter 18 . 2/13
Fan chapter 17 . 2/13
So good
Fan chapter 16 . 2/13
Fan chapter 15 . 2/13
Nothing major in this chapter
Fan chapter 14 . 2/13
Really great
Fan chapter 13 . 2/13
Intense story great characters
amama123 chapter 21 . 1/28
Such a fab story! I loved every bit of it and I could not stop reading :)
Lucy chapter 21 . 12/18/2014
"TBC ... eventually." That was 2009. It's nearly 2015. Eventually seems like it's taking a little too long! I really liked this story. A lot.
Grespitchied chapter 21 . 11/2/2014
One of thE best characters in fictionpress! I cannot begin to explain how well thought of Dorian and Ant are! Such a beautiful story! Very good writting!
Grespitchied chapter 14 . 11/2/2014
The coooolest thing happened! I actually played a Mozella song for this chapter and as soon as I got to the line where Chris called the music ended! It was so perfectly and randomly timed I felt the impact of the what was happening even more!
805 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »