Reviews for The Rules of Engagement
Meister Anonymous chapter 21 . 6/11
I honestly want to just write 17 continuous lines of me saying "AHHHH!" But im not going to do that, because I don't think it would correctly convey how much I love this story and was blown away by it. I mean DAMN! I love how you write, I love every single person. You're amazing! Honestly. This was gr8. 12/10 would read again️️️️
I Sink with the Ship chapter 21 . 3/16
I know that I am painfully late in finding, and reading, and reviewing but that doesn't mean reviews aren't still welcome?

I really, really enjoyed reading this story and I was hooked, finding time to read it during my breaks at work and I hope (so much hope) that at some point the sequel may be put up, but regardless this was wonderful. I can't express how much this entertained me (painful cliché's or not). It was very well written, obviously proof read, and the plot flowed. It didn't feel like any unnecessary scenes were there just for the sake of filling up the page.

So, thank you for writing this.
I Sink with the Ship chapter 9 . 3/16
I usually wait until I've read the entire thing to review, but I am loving this so far and this chapter in particular had me giggling to myself. You are very talented and I look forward to reading the rest of this.
Anne-Laure chapter 1 . 1/4
Hey I've been reading and reading again and again this story over the past years and I wonder when (if?) the sequel will be up ?

I like your style and this love story in particular !

Thanks!
Anne-Laure
Du chapter 20 . 10/7/2016
I just reread this wonderful story. I couldn't help it. I probably loved it even more this time around. Something I didn't mention in my previous review yet I appreciated a great deal in this story is the clash in their personalities and political views. It is difficult to write conversations between two opinionated people without the dialogue being biased as to what the author actually believes for themselves. However, you did an outstanding job at writing characters who knew how to defend their political views with strong, convincing arguments, regardless of whether one may agree with them or not.
Thank you for sharing such a fantastic story. It stimulated me as a reader and it kept challening me whenever they started their debate sessions, and I commend you for involving me in your story in such a way.
I hope your life has brought you the very best. Cheers!
Guest chapter 21 . 7/17/2016
One word: brilliant!
TheGirlinPurpleGlasses chapter 21 . 7/1/2016
This was SO good! I also think I just doubled my vocabulary skills...
Guest chapter 21 . 6/9/2016
LOVE LOVE LOVE. Please continue! I'm super eager to read more of their interactions :D
Du chapter 21 . 1/9/2016
I loved this story. Everything was so well thought out. Your characters were really realistic, they were simple yet complicated in the most common of ways. You carried the narrative in a beautiful way - few authors can pull off such well-written chapters without 90% of each being just conversation. You merged everything well, the story progressed naturally, nothing was forced and it seemed extremely real. I would love for a sequel to be written, I would read it in a heartbeat, though it being six years later I realise that is probably not going to happen. It saddens me, but I'll deal... ;)
Thank you for this wonderful story! I wish you the best :)
zagato chapter 1 . 11/27/2015
Thank you for writing this wonderful story! :)
fictionpress01 chapter 21 . 9/19/2015
Great story. I loved how realistic most of the dialogue was and how the whole 'arranged relationship' cliche played out - it wasn't continually forced nor was it the basis of the story. I liked that you brought the passion and the hate/love aspect of their banter to life with the parts about politics with a real discussion.

I loved the characters and the way they were fleshed out in a relatable way through their previous relationships - with Kim and with Jorma.

I think I do have to agree with the way some things weren't as feasible as I'd have liked them to be - namely, Ant inability to be impartial on the job, the conversation about employees and money laundering at Mindy's house, etc. But I have to say the other conversations were very refreshing in their honesty, even through all the awkward (and not in an artificial, teenage way either) moments and hard-hitting accusations. I liked this line quite a bit: ""I'm just saying that because you think a certain way sometimes you're impervious to other perspectives." and the line that followed. That Ant herself knew the reason why she didn't have any success with her writing at her job made her whole bleeding-heart liberal act the more believable. But then again, I can just see myself as Ant, and I've totally seen types like Dorian - the ones who are caught up on extremes and unable to come to terms with their own self-deceit.

The reason Ant gave for why she was reluctant to jump into the relationship was refreshing in its truthfulness and its commonness. You really did set up the perfect way to bring them together. What an ingenious yet simple way to form their relationship.
mesweetescape chapter 21 . 3/24/2015
oh la la This story kills me :)
I've been very lucky to run into such amazing, well developed and written stories as of late and thought you deserved a review for keeping this awesome story on fictionpress for us to read.

The epilogue is confusing, minus the i love you's and I hope you come back and finish what you started with it!

More dorian please hahaha
Fan chapter 21 . 2/13/2015
Hate this ending but love the sweet story
Fan chapter 20 . 2/13/2015