Reviews for The Rules of Engagement
Guest chapter 2 . 7/23/2013
I don't get how the topic of carbon neutral being a fallacy could possibly be considered provocative. And as a JOURNALIST, it's her darn job to be objective and impartial, not to present her opinions to her readers. I'm not sure if you are trying to portray the liberal aspect in a positive or negative light, because she makes herself look stupid with her view of journalism. The whole point of journalism is to deal in facts; let the facts lead where they lead, let your readers decide their own opinions. Does she really want to be a hard journalist because her ideal job sounds more like activism than journalism.
Sorry, just had to get that off my chest - you write very well, otherwise I wouldn't bother with pointing out some of the things that are bothering me about Ant's character.
AsianFlipGurl chapter 21 . 5/20/2013
I'm wondering how I didn't read this sooner. This was immensely well-written and so eloquent in many ways. I really felt the connection between Ant and Dorian, and I love how they are the epitome of the saying "opposites attract." I loved it, and if there's a possibility of a sequel in the future, I will definitely read it. I want to see how Ian will play a role in his daughter's life and how Dorian's PTSD will affect him in the future. But for now, I'm happy with how the story ended. Thank you for a wonderful story.
Madame Jenn chapter 21 . 3/29/2013
I read your entire story in one sitting and I enjoyed every second of it.

The chemistry between Ant and Dorian is palpable and their debates touch on some pretty heavy stuff without getting too heavy. Nicely done.

As some people have pointed out, there are a bunch of grammatical errors and stuff, but your profile says it's being edited (although it hasn't been updated on this site for a couple of years), so I don't even know if you care about it anymore. But, trust me, your readers still do.

One question: SEQUEL?! PLEASEEEE TAT
lostlamb chapter 21 . 3/16/2013
Love!
FairyTaleDreams chapter 21 . 1/16/2013
Is there going to be a follow-up to this story? I absolutely loved it. The kind of chemistry Dorian and Ant had (kudos on the names by the way - very creative) was absolutely brilliant. I hope there is a sequel!
R. Ficst chapter 21 . 1/14/2013
Great epilogue. Of course, ending the story right before the phone call caps it perfectly. I'm now crossing my fingers that after I post this and go to your profile I will find a completed sequel...
R. Ficst chapter 20 . 1/14/2013
AHAHAHAHAHAHA! I love what you did with the dog tags! Brilliant, hilarious, touching, and just right for them.
Robin chapter 5 . 1/5/2013
Too many grammatical errors. You should go back and fix them sometime but it's okay because whenever I come across them, I just fix them in my head and read the sentences correctly.
HeadOverHeelsInHate chapter 21 . 1/2/2013
OMFG! I love this story! Eek! Dorian and Ant's characters were portrayed amazingly, I love their personalities and the chemistry between them was awesome! The story was well written an well thought out! Eeeee! Uber awesomeness!
PLEASE CONTINUE WITH THE HINTED SEQUAL SOON!
Maria chapter 21 . 1/2/2013
amazing,hella amazing...a great read to kick abck to n relax..especially the scene of their partition!a talented writer u are indeed n u got a nice way with words
Daily Beauty chapter 21 . 12/28/2012
WOW. JUST WOW. WHAT A CLIFFHANGER YOU HAVE CREATED! I wish you would update sooner :( but overall, wow, just wow. this story is great! i really felt the effort you have poured with this one (the whole story). it was well made. i know this review is 3 years late, but i would want you to know that this was such an amazing read! thank you!
artistic dreamer chapter 21 . 12/20/2012
wait...this is completed?! nooo! i want to read more of them ahhh i love dorian & ant! they have the cutest relationship. loved the way their relationships progressed with all the emotions and angst they were going through. i can't even describe it, but i really like this story! wonderful job!
artistic dreamer chapter 8 . 12/20/2012
ahahahah i love Chris! he is such a fun character to read! :) loved their conversation! glad to see someone not being so oblivious, now if only ant would pick up on that...hahaha
artistic dreamer chapter 5 . 12/19/2012
ahahahaha i love this chapter! loved how the parents could totally see through their acting but predicted that they actually secretly like each other hehehe, and Pendleton! I'm from San Diego! are you talking about the Camp Pendleton down here?! that's so cool!
Binkybaby chapter 21 . 12/19/2012