Reviews for The Dragon's Maiden
zagato chapter 1 . 11/20/2015
Cool story
Guest chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
there is no indication to separate the flashback from the present, so it's very confusing. Once we understand, it is unclear if the subtle horror touch in the ending was intended or not. I think it would be clever to use it here for a adventure/romance sequel dealing with superstitious bias, giving the dragon a moral 'reason'/excuse for the other deaths. (yeah I've been reading too much Forgotten Realms )
freak-joy-spastic chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
I have to agree with your reviewer named Anonymous. The ending sounded like to me that he turns them then eats them. I would absolutly love to see a sequel come out of this, one in which she actually fights back for servival, wheather by trying to and/or killing him, or running away, back to the village, or just befor he can at her. Maybe she can die fighting or gets pregnant and runs for that reason. So many things could happen! I don't know if anyone else has asked for a sequel but I'd love to hear what you think of the idea, so please(if you wouldn't care) send me a review respons. Thanks! Much love ~bye bye~
anon chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
The last paragraph is beautiful, and poetic in its cruelty. It reminds me of Wallace's Infinite Jest.

"The dragon retrieved her discarded shield with a delicate claw, and turned it so she could see her reflection in it. She stared. She took in her skin, usually bright, but now pale and clammy with fear, her chestnut hair, falling in cascades around her face, her bruised lips with their memory of last night. And her eyes; blue as the day she was born. The oval pupils, larger then they ought to be. And, from the centre of them, growing like a seed in a woman’s womb, little starbursts of gold, like the first rays of sunrise claiming a virgin morning sky."
Lerene chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
Love it. Great story. I like your twist to the whole Dragon/ virgin thing.
Elemental rainbow chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
very good actually i loved it bye
anonymous chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
I really liked your ending because it was slightly scary and hinted at really subtly. I'm not sure if this was what you intended, but I interpreted the ending to be this:

The dragon/man turns all of his sacrifices into female dragons, and eats them when it is time for him to receive a new sacrifice.

Great short story overall though.
Alice B. Black chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
I really liked this story, but it left me somewhat confused at the end. I wished there was more for an ending, but the story was well enough without knowing more. I think the way you jumped to flashbacks also confused me as well, because I half expected that to be the dragon when it turned out to be the man. But this really was a good read, so thank you!