Reviews for Lost, Found, Fallen
lili999 chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
hi !

Cheap retail shoes watch, sunglasses, belt, hats/caps, High quality T-shirts,

ED hardy t-shirts,ED Hardy hoodies,ED hardy ,Jeans,GUCCI shoes,LV Handbag,Chanel

Handbag…high quality,low to
Lord Vivian Darling chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
Fascinating.
Devon Pitlor chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
You might find it strange that I comment on this one. It has ALL the elements of why teenagers (especially) join with religious groups. Your portrait of entering and exiting the religion is grounded in solid introspection and honesty and a penetrating sense of understanding your own motive. Of course, I read the "I" in your works as "narrator" never "you" per se. You describe the whole process in one flourish.

Additional note: I dealt very harshly with high school Christian youth groups in another story-which I suppressed from all my sites because it is just too raw to have my name attached to, but it is about an incident which I heard about directly and then embellished (as I told you I do). You may want to read this. Let me know. But it is really direct, and I could not post it on this site. Maybe some stories are better untold.
christine chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
hi, I just read this and i just want to say that you write good. And i also want to share to you my opinion on the subject.

I just this to be clear, most people wouldn't really mind this 'coz they think that its the same, but "faith" and "religion" are two different things.

Faith means fellowship, while religion means belonging in a group of the same belief.

Christianity, plainly means faith, it is a fellowship with Christ. Christ as your master. Christ as your teacher. Christ as your friend. Christianity doesn't obliged you to leave everything behind and start living in an isolated world. That's just not it. I know it's written in the Bible that Jesus told His disciples "if you want to follow me leave everything and come with me" but leaving everything there is not literally leave everything. It simply meant leave your old self, in the sense that the "old you being a sinner" because now you have to Holy Spirit to guide you to the light. When we were sinners we walk in shadows and now with Christ you can find the light.

It doesn't require you to seek your pastors approval first before doing anything. That's not Christianity. Honestly while i was reading this essay, the first question in my mind was "are you really really sure that the church you're attending is really a Christian church?" In our modern times right now, there is more of the fraud christian churches that the real christian churches. So i advice that you look into that.

I like to share this to you, I'm a Christian, but I have friends who are not Christians. you may tell me that Jesus told us not to yoke with unbelievers right? But being friends with them doesn't necessarily means yoking with them, it only gives us an opportunity to practice our faith, to be a good witness for Christ.

Another thing, consulting a pastor before decision making, that's not Christianity. Because Christianity meant living towards Christ. The only one you need to consult is Christ Himself alone. Not the pastors not anyone else. You may tell me that Christ doesn't answer, that's not true. Christ answers prayers. He speaks to us with a medium, might be in the form of your parents, friend or pastors or church mates or whoever, but the main point is He always answers.

I also like to make this point, the Bible is a very complex book. It doesn't mean that this is God's words, and this speaks the truth means that every word of it means literally. Some of the passages there meant literally, but most of the passages there are in some form of a symbol, you need to read it again and again before you could understand the underlying meaning of that passage.

I strongly suggest that you try again. Look for a church that is a true Christian church. or rather start from reading your Bible again. But this time, with the right motives, and with a right mindset and an open heart. Call out to Jesus.

Living in this world doesn't mean living like the world, but living it fully in God's grace. Living in the world but is unattached to the temporary things and seeking out for the eternal life.

God bless you.
moongazer7 chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
Yes, same here. I was a Christian before, but I am now a secular philosohical individual of sorts. I went through the same process, except the people I was trying to please was my parents, which I have given up. I believe very much the opposite of what Christians believe, I take more of the aristotelian path.
Antimatter Matters chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
This is very meaningful. Although I am not a strict Christian, I can relate to some parts of this as in God saving me.

You're on my author alert list.
words.for.you-DLS chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
I like it alot. A very interesting topic/subject that I wouldn't have thought to write about. Very good! :D
underneaththesmile chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
this is good. religion is such a touchy subject these days, but being christian is not bad in any way. this is a good story portraying that being faithful to god doesn't have to be the right choice and it isn't always is when you get so wrapped up into it. Now I'm not a pastor, but this would be a good story to tell at a youth group because one thing about being christian is that they want you to learn to accept situations and perfection is opionated. so yea, good read, something people should share
Dale Christopher chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
I’m very glad you decided to post this, for a number of reasons.

I’d like to start by saying that, context aside, this was very well written. Your voice is very clear, not muddled and confused as some essays can be, and it just flowed really well. It was put together nicely. The fact that you’re so unflinchingly honest about your reasons for turning to Christianity really helped this, made it all the more powerful.

You should be very proud of what you did. By that I don’t mean turning away from religion, but the way in which you reassessed yourself and your situation and came to a rational decision was very wise. From what I understand, which I admit is very little as I grew up agnostic and became atheist and therefore never had to leave a church or religion, it can be hard to let go of the thought patterns and ‘morals’ Christianity (or any religion really) puts into your mind. I’ve never liked the idea of religion being the centre for morals anyway, humanity is evolved enough to pick right from wrong without having to refer to a book.

Anyway, before I go off on my own rant in a review, I was very impressed with both the writing and the outcome of this essay.
rippling iris chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
this is a very well written essay. It's very clear, and I love how you don't take any sides; you just speak for yourself. Very well done. I agree that there is a difference between religion and church, and you really have to do what is best for you. No way is the 'right' way. I'm so happy that you realized that and stood up for your decisions.
Boooklover chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
This is so amazing- seriously interesting and thought-provoking.