Reviews for Eating Disorders
punctured.lungs chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
You're a very good poet.
dragonflydreamer chapter 4 . 8/7/2009
I like the tone in lines like "choke it down dear" and "that's a good girl now." It's comforting on the surface, but clearly bitter and condescending underneath.

Something about the last line didn't really do much for me, though. I think it was just because you listed the body parts. It felt too concrete, and not abstract enough to fit the rest of the piece, or at least not harsh enough.

Sparkles from the Reveiw Marathon (link in profile)
dragonflydreamer chapter 3 . 8/7/2009
I like the rhyme in this one. It was such a short piece, so that gave it another level of complexity.

It's also interesting how you contrast the two extremes of eating disorders. The way you phrase it makes it hard to sympathize with either side and makes the reader see how horrible they both are.
dragonflydreamer chapter 2 . 8/7/2009
Again, I like the bluntness of the last line. You got me lost in the rest of the piece, then that line suddenly stopped me and made me think.

I also like the descriptions of the first stanza. It could just be because I hate sweet things, but I was almost gagging as I read it.
dragonflydreamer chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
I really like how you create small collections like these to group together poems with similar meanings. It helps the reader really get into the mindset of the topic while reading instead of switching around while reading through loose poems.

[pokes holes in catastrophe] I like that line. It implies that it feels like blows are being delivered, but really it doesn't have much effect.

Great contrast in the last lines. It goes from something so abstract to such a hard reality.

Sparkles from the Review Marathon (link in profile)
Chidaruma Kamisori chapter 4 . 1/23/2009
I won't lie to you, this made me cry.
Isca chapter 4 . 1/23/2009
"Give up on chewing and

swallow, swallow, swallow-

there's a good girl now."

This section is absolutely flawless-it's striking, chilling, and rather sad! :D
Isca chapter 3 . 1/23/2009
"Wonder how to pray." Heart-wrenching!
Isca chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
"I sang for wisdom, then shoved fingers down my throat." Haunting!
a certain slant of light chapter 4 . 1/23/2009
You, apparently. (Ugh, I've come to realize that I am being way to cryptic when I review you. D:)
a certain slant of light chapter 3 . 1/23/2009
Clasp your hands together and at least other people will think you know how to.
a certain slant of light chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
Harsh. I love it, but harsh.
softersin chapter 3 . 1/23/2009