Reviews for Sheol
KittyKake chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Wow... just wow. That, my friend, was one of the best stories I've ever read. The horror, the gore, the absolute fear was spot on. It's so hard to find a good horror story these days. Most of the stories out there are so... childish. There were a couple of good ones but most of them never really did it for me. Your story, however, had all the right feelings in it. It felt like this actually happened, and there's not that many authors who can do that. I look forward to your work, Lithium of Mercy, I really do.
Ioga chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Found a piece I had missed from the list before!

Haha, halfway through this story I tried to maintain a double image of Jacob just being madly paranoid, and Mina being a lizard creature from outer space (as per V; Jacob kept thinking she didn't blink, which made me think of Vs). She could have been a robot too, replacing the woman he got married to, but he kept thinking she was evil, not just emotionless.

When the murder came, I was victoriously ready to declare it was a murder based on mad paranoia and wild misinterpretation of emotionally messed-up wife, and cheering away. But oh well, an unkillable creature of darkness is acceptable too. As is hubby going totally mad after murder and imagining she came back, although her showing up to deliver his clothes was a bit hard to suspend disbelief on with that option - unless Jacob dressed up as Mina afterwards and assumed her identity. There's so many interesting ways this thing could go! I'm kind of inclined to fall into the rut of her being a V though, since it requires the least stretching of imagination. ;)

Also: I wasn't reminded of Pet Cemetary at all when she came back from the dead. I hope this helps. :D

Thanks for this!
Fictionista Workshop chapter 1 . 4/18/2010
This story was featured on Fictionista Workshop as an example of online fiction. Thank you for writing.
FictionistaKarla chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
WOW,

That was quite a long trip there. I was intrigued and I wondered what Mina did to Jacob because he feared her so much. She clearly was a psychopath, you never specified what kind of things she did. Only her desire to her rid of her husband. Maybe that is a mystery and it appeals. It works for this story.

His phobia was so well-written, all his fear and his weak demeanor.

Great job, very well-written. Great descriptions.

Karla
rose ere bloom chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
Terrifying. Wow. It weirdly reminded me of Pet Sematery by Stephen King, with the creepy undeadness factor. Awesome though.
Not Human chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
That is not what I would call romantic either, heh. Very gruesome, though, and not in an over-the-top way. Really great work!
H.T. Rajan chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
Nice story, it really breaks the convention that horror stories are about pretty girls being terrorized by ugly guys. This is the other way around! Here are a few errors I found, so please look them over when you have the chance.

When the stood by one another, no one would even guess that Mina and Jacob Kingston were the same species, let alone a married couple.

stepped down the single stair that put on(e) level with the door

You wouldn’t want to starve to death out here, all by your lonesome (self), now would you?

Mina’s corpse might was up on his side, and he might find her. (Not sure what's going on in this sentence, better to rewrite it.)

Getting Mina back down was eas(y).
Cooties chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
This is incredibly creative. For the first half, maybe even longer I was convinced that Jacob was crazy. You did a great job of fooling me, though! It's a rarity to come across such a creative and unique story on this site. Congratulations you have amazed me!
VelvetyCheerio chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
Wowza, it was long, but crazy good. Really freaky too. The first thing that came to mind when Mina rose from the grave was "Pet Cemetary!" and then I was just freaking out when she buried Jacob alive.

The beginning sort of made me think for a while, but then everything sort of tied in at the end. I guess she's some sort of demon under the guise of a "saint". How clever.

I liked it, at the very least. No mistakes, good work on that.

Velvet.