Reviews for The Seminary Gang IV: Journey's End
R.E.D. the animator chapter 39 . 6/13/2014
And at the end they were all like, "Man that was a fun adventure! Let's go on another!"
"Yeah! Let's explore Pierre!"
"No. I was thinking of something more along the lines of messing up time again, getting powers, and flying freaking huge space ships."
"How are we going to do that?"
"We will do SCIENCE!"
#tsg5

It still blows my mind how you managed to reconcile every possible loose end in the saga. Everything from the randomness of the first book's plot, to the depth of character's trying to cope with the painful consequences of the two apocalypse books. It just managed to cover everything, make it all work, and still make sense.

This story was a lot of fun to read again. It's definitely a character driven story. Richard and Kaitlin were the adults of the group, Jon and Dan the fighters, Brian the comedy relief, and Jade and Kimmi the generic females (I kept mixing them up). Also the story was very good about not only extensively using and building upon events from the previous novels, but also reminding the reader about what had happened in those novels in a way that kept the story at hand moving forward.

The thing that bothered me the most while reading was the chapter titles. Yes, I know you mimicked how the Halo games gave titles to their chapters, but for a few of them I really struggled to understand how the chapter name corresponded to what it was about. Like the "four horses of the apocalypse" titles. I could not see an obvious connection between the chapters themselves, let alone the symbols to which the title was referring. This doesn't hold true for all of the chapter titles, and I guess that there's no rule that the title needs to make sense, but it bugged me a little.

While there were some parts that I glazed over, most of the story was a treat to read, with a beautiful, visual narration. You know how with a video game franchise the newer releases have such better graphics than the old ones? That's how this story feels in contrast to earlier installments. It feels like a new hi-res sequel with all the cutting edge real-time graphics and rendering. And the amazing thing is that in spite of that it stays true to the older installments. The plot was a fun exploration into science fiction, time travel, extra dimensions, mind powers, life, people, and worlds. TSG4 is a pretty good story in my opinion.

RED
Van Quatra chapter 40 . 4/8/2011
this is a review for all four stories. these were some of the greatest reads i have read so far. you did a great damn job. very impressive.
BookcraZzaY chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
sad :(
jadeisms chapter 2 . 2/18/2009
Wow. that got up a lot faster this time around. maybe we should have done it in smaller portions...we have a lot less reviews this time around
R.E.D. the animator chapter 40 . 2/16/2009
*Cries* It's finally over! This was perhaps one my favorite of the four books. It got back to the old randomness from the first book while at the same time adding super exciting and crazy new things to read about.

It's so sad that it's over now. Oh well. Off to bigger and better things.

-RED
R.E.D. the animator chapter 35 . 2/16/2009
I just HAD to review this chapter. It just seems a little dark to have the gang attack and kill Kenzi's dad. I should have known that that was Jon's greatest fear!
R.E.D. the animator chapter 26 . 2/10/2009
GAH! Those last few chapters were excruciating! It just kept going on and on and ON! Oh well. This is still a pretty awesome story and it's killing me that I have to wait another week for the end.

I wonder how Charlie will fit into the story. She's bound to make an appearance sometime.
Silent Will chapter 4 . 2/3/2009
Well who knew a pencil could cause so much violence? You're not wasting any time at all getting back into the swing of things here, are you? Maybe one nice chapter of re-introducing the characters and then more action right away.

Let's see where this story is headed. Sounds like things are going to open up pretty quickly here...and since you were gracious enough to upload in bulk, there won't be much waiting this time.
R.E.D. the animator chapter 13 . 2/2/2009
I couldn't help but notice the parallels between this plant monster and Gravemind.

In the story it says:

"If only Dan weren’t still struggling. Hopefully he wouldn’t piss this thing off."

And in Halo 2 the Master Chief says:

"I don't want to piss this thing off."

So the plant will be the main villain in the end!
R.E.D. the animator chapter 12 . 2/2/2009
So after a brief intermission, they're finally on the right track towards Kenzi. That darn Brian!
R.E.D. the animator chapter 6 . 2/1/2009
The return of the Brian-Luck! I did not see that one coming!
R.E.D. the animator chapter 5 . 2/1/2009
Darn that Jade! Poor Dan is having a really tough night.
R.E.D. the animator chapter 4 . 2/1/2009
Uh-oh! Things could get ugly, especially for Jon. I can think of twenty three thousand people that might want revenge.
R.E.D. the animator chapter 3 . 2/1/2009
Brian, Jon, Kimmi, Katlin and Jade have that exact same conversation every morning. Brian is kinda starting to get tried of being punched in the shoulder.
R.E.D. the animator chapter 2 . 2/1/2009
Yay! Last book is out! And we get to see things from Charlie's perspective. That would be kinda freaky to have all your plans finish before you ever did anything.