Reviews for Never In a Million Years
Narq chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
Oh Strong. Pure. Wonderful. It was just amazing. "Never in a million years" will I ever see such great poetry.

Narq.
Chasing Skylines chapter 1 . 2/8/2009
Hm, I'm in the opinion the word 'just' doesn't do wonders to the poem. I don't know, it just felt awkward. Or actually, it's more that without the word 'just', I felt it had more impact. Just can mean simply/barely, so doesn't that dilute the meaning a bit? Not to mention, the other two stanzas don't have it either, so it seems a bit different.

The word 'specific' seems too sophisticated? Maybe 'distinct' or another word would work better.

I really liked the whole meaning and emotion. It also mostly flowed well (off the tongue, too). I personally put an emphasis while reading 'you', the last word, with finality.

-Review Marathon, link in profile.

Good luck in WCC.
Pink Parfait chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
Wow... this was inexpressibly beautiful. Kudos to you!
Carus chapter 1 . 2/4/2009
I like this - short and sweet :)

I like how the first three stanzas are just about generalised things that anyone can see, then the fourth is directed at someone specific. It made the whole poem seem more meaningful and personal.

To me, the third stanza seemed a bit off somehow...I think it's the word 'specific'. It's quite a clinical word, whereas the rest of your poem is very poetic. But then that's just me and my weird word associations, I expect :)

The rhyming works well and doesn't seem forced.

Well done, and good luck in the WCC!

-Amy
Fractured Illusion chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
Hey-lo.

Lovely ending, as you already know. It's very emotionally loaded.

Overall, it's short and sweet.

I am bit curious if the repetition of using the word "just" in 1st and 2nd stanza was intentional or not. Because it seemed off that the other stanzas didn't have a "just" when they did.

Good luck in the Writing Challenge Contest! :)

-Frac
Kirrithian chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
I liked the simplicity of this poem, particularly the fact that so little is need to bring it off- the imagery is perfect- short and effective.

I don't like "will a moment just like this exist." It's too mouthy, and disrupts the flow of the poem.

Good luck with the Writing challenge!

-Dolly
Kate Marshall chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
I just died.

Really.

I knew where you were going with it but the ending was *magnificent* It was /so/ sweet. And I loved your stanzas, by the way. They felt really clean. _