Reviews for Gracie
Hitomi Itsanaki chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
That is so sad! Poor thing. I thought he would get disgusted w/her and let his dad go coon hunting w/her and leting him axcadentaly kill her.
Glenn Dusting chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
A really nice and well written tale. I think it might have been a little stronger if you concentrated on fewer memories. For instance the first and last memories were really strong and could carry the story quite well on their own if you expanded them a little. If you still wanted to keep in all the memories, I would suggest expanding each memory into its own chapter. This would help to give the reader the feeling that events take place over a time. With them all in one chapter the memories tend to blend into each other too much. A great job, keep writing.
Savella chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
I love it! Gracie sounds so cute! You describe her well, and I like the way you make Billy (I think I got the name right) jealous of his fat raccoon! The ending was good, too. Maybe a tad too short (though I don't know that there's anything you can add), but still satisfyingly sad. Yay!

I like how you narrarate it in a southern-esque accent, but it's inconsistent. One minute he's all drawlin' an' such, and the next moment he speaks with such fluidity that a certain instructor certified to teach high school English would be put to shame. I'm not trying to be mean or anything (though hypocracy is funny), but I'm just saying that that threw me off a bit when I read.

Sorry that sounded so harsh. Drawl or no drawl, I still love the story! It makes me want to become less paranoid of raccoons and go and get one for myself! You just make them sound so cute!

And thus ends the longest review I have ever written. Keep up the good work!
May Elizabeth chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
This was cute. The syntax and tone is spot on. You also showed us instead of told us like you did before. Some things:

1."My childhood was filled with many adventures and tales, but my fondest memory though, is of Gracie, my pet raccoon." Is a run-on sentence.

It can be fixed by: "My childhood was filled with many adventures and tales, though (or but) my fondest memory is of my pet racoon Gracie."

Other than that, this was really good. I didn't think I would like it but I did. Kudos.