Reviews for When Night is Almost Done
sammo00 chapter 5 . 3/2/2009
somehow I get the feeling that if even one of us got nailed it on the head, you'd still say we didn't know what was going on, but that's alright. I'm glad though that you finally put something from Sam's perspective. that made me happy!
blurrylights chapter 5 . 3/2/2009
I feel so bad for Beth...she's so young and sweet, and she's married to Sam. Who while I know is a good guy, doesn't seem to know how to handle being married to her.

Anyway, this was an interesting development. I really am enjoying this story so far. It's really good. Update soon! :)
Eneris chapter 4 . 3/2/2009
The story is amazing so far! I'm curious about Emily and who she is exactly... Please update soon :]
gulistala chapter 4 . 2/21/2009
I wonder if the ghost is Emily.
Faith Adeline chapter 4 . 2/19/2009
Loved it. Love this story! So good, and well written. I really couldn't find a thing wrong with it. You certainly know how to trap a reader and leave them wanting more! Keep it up and update soon :)

Faith
just.pretty.words chapter 4 . 2/19/2009
Wow! I absolutely love this story! It goes to my top three stories by you! All the way! :P. I can't decided which one I love more, The Prettiest Thing, The Flower Girl, or this one. I want to read more of this one, for sure, and can't wait to find out what happens nice. You're writing skill is amazing, you don't see much talent like yours.

Hope you write more!
boomshine chapter 4 . 2/19/2009
oh my poor Beth! With Sam at work who will come to her rescue? I like the fact that you are using the house as a personification of someone. I am intrigued by Louise's story of the Chapman family - it seems that for all their wealth they have had some problems. Also, I just had a thought - if this story had been set in the present day Beth would've jumped on to a computer and would be able to search the internet for her missing pieces to the Chapman puzzle! Looks like she'll have to get her answers the old fashioned way... :)
milaskovich chapter 4 . 2/19/2009
Really liked this chapter. I can't wait to find out what happens. Please update soon.
sakusyao chapter 4 . 2/19/2009
you know, i absolutely love almost all your stories, 'flower girl' perhaps is my fav though (:D) but i seriously can't wait to know what's gonna happen in this one... so is "emily" the sixth chapman or something? is that her ghost? plus what did louise mean by "He has had much tragedy befall him for being so young. I hope you can be the thing to make him happy again.” and

“Thank god you’re here, miss,” ? okay i know i cannot get the answers to such ques right away but *sigh* still couldnt help asking them..lol, well then all the best for your future updates.., i really like how you unlike certain authors dont take weeks or even months to update..(0)

-btw , i dont know whether its upto me to say this or not but really...i suggest that you shouldnt pay any heed to people who dont like your works, i just read what "go away" wrote and was like 'what the hell?/!', if they dont like a certain story then they shouldnt just criticize the way how 'that person' did, you ARE an AWESOME writer and am sure there are more than hundred people out there who agree with me..and the reason why some dont is because they are jealous..so i really hope you wont take such words to heart cuz de absolutely have no truth in them~
Go Away chapter 4 . 2/19/2009
I think you should stop writing. People on the forums have said how much they hate you and your stories and it seems to be the general consensus. You think you have talent for writing and you do not. Your stories suck. Your characters and plots suck. You are a horrible writer and this site was much better before you came and started posting your stories. Please do everyone a massive favor and stop.
Angelfeet chapter 4 . 2/19/2009
Ah im lovin this story just as much as ive loved The Flower girl...u do such a great job in writing ive read tones of ur stories 'Crazy and beautiful' was such a great little one shot addition to Ghetto Gospel...and im goin to give dark side of the moon a read too soon enough lol but this one im loving at the moment and i need more and soon please! im fidgiting in my seat, driving my roommate nuts ...so for his benifit update :D
B. J. Winters chapter 3 . 2/19/2009
You're right - the review button doesn't bite. Cute A/N.

I have to admit this does not feel like 1952...(per the date in the ring in chapter 1). I think you need to decide whether this is 1890 (the way she speaks with such polite formality and the small town doctor mistique) and more modern times (when no married couple would buy or affort to keep such a large house without use). Something about this just doesn't feel credible. Yes, I can suspend my belief, but I'm not convinced that you have decided what you really want to set as your stage.

As for a ghost story, I would have prefered more build up. A few shadows, rattling chains, more suspicions, tales of a legend...you went right for the ghost calling her by name (unlikely) and telling her to get out (direct). It just felt like you lost an opportunity to show me more of what Beth was made of, afraid of, motivated by since the plot was so blatent.

It's well written, but I can already see your ending. Disappointing, because I was starting to like Sam.
B. J. Winters chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
The summary for this caught my eye. Overall I liked the way the first chapter flowed. This had some flavor of a period piece, and yet I think it's modern times. You might need more about why she agreed to the marriage if that's the case. Right now, I don't feel much sympathy for Beth, or Sam for that matter. They both seem rather weak and willing to let things be "done" to them.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the house. I think that will be my favorite character. I liked the Shining too.
SilentNightingale chapter 4 . 2/19/2009
Oh my god! My heart is beating very fast right now. You have to update very soon! Please!
Obsession Changes Things chapter 4 . 2/18/2009
OH! Really not so happy mist emo gohst! Hahaha! Love it, its so intense! Update soon!

~Obsession