Reviews for When Night is Almost Done
KittyCat86 chapter 3 . 2/14/2009
OMG! This is becoming one of my favourites stories ever. Really! Your way of describing what's happening and the environment surrounding it, is so realistic I can really see it happening.

Amazing job :D
Alexandra chapter 2 . 2/13/2009
I've been reading your stories for a while now,both on here and on AFF,and I love all of them.I used to comment frequently on your blog and on AFF ,particularly for your first draft of The Prettiest Thing because I loved the characters and setting so ,I decided to start commenting again because I hate not doing it when I've just read a really good chapter.

I love this story so far; you are very good at suspense.I have a question for you though: Is this story supposed to be set in a different time (say...the 1940's?)? I get the impression the characters have very old traditions and arranged marriages still go on among the upper-class/elite, but they just seem so dated now.

However,regardless of when it is set I still love where this is going and I've always loved ghost stories,so keep it up and I can't wait for more chapters.
sara.anne chapter 3 . 2/13/2009
Another amazing chapter - I love this story! It's so great! I love the mix of slow, budding romance and mystery... such an intreaging story. Can't wait for me! This is my favorite story on FictionPress rigth now - I check for updates daily! :)

Sara Anne
chococcino chapter 3 . 2/13/2009
Cool! I can't wait for the next chapter . The story's very interesting so far. You are a great writer!
BioInk chapter 3 . 2/13/2009
oh I get so excited when I read stories like these. Not boring at all! I can't wait for your next chapter.
clkamp chapter 3 . 2/13/2009
i love it!
LondonLi chapter 3 . 2/13/2009
Great new chapter! I'm actually starting to really like Sam, so I hope that's your intention! Very well done, really spooky atmosphere!
Maelys chapter 3 . 2/13/2009
Slow pace is going great with this story. But there is a (small) fact that bother me.

In Beth's room, she has a king size bed. Was there king bed at this time?

Thanks for the chapter,
hippi926840 chapter 3 . 2/13/2009
i love how this is turning out

im not a fan of scary fics, mostly because they are just too freaky.

Its seems as if I'll have to make it through creepier things just to read your story - its just too good!
fusioncrzzy chapter 2 . 2/12/2009
i think its good so far...u can tell beth gets a nervous quite easily and sam is ..i dont know what sam is lol...but its kinda cool to see that i have no idea what direction you'll take this story cause usually i can figure out in the first couple chapters with many of the stories on this site...great start though!
Teenyjewel chapter 2 . 2/10/2009
Well, I am loving this story! Sam seems a little weird. They really need to talk to each other. But I thought it was so sweet of him to buy her a puppy! I actually like that he keeps calling her Elizabeth instead of Beth, I think it is cute, though does suggest that he really doesn't know her very well, since she doesn't like it. Or he really doesn't care whether she likes it or not because he does. I wonder what it is he is going to be doing all day. Anyway, I CAN NOT wait until you update again!
LondonLi chapter 2 . 2/9/2009
I love this story; it reminds me of one of my favorite old early 20th century authors, Emilie Loring. Great new setting, being foreboding and all. Apparently the staff arn't the ominous presence you'd expect! And I love being in Beth's ' great to experience it through her!
7years chapter 2 . 2/9/2009
My mom told me once if you want to know how a man is observe how he treats the help. I think it's a great idea how us readers really don't have a clue who Sam is and we are finding everything out from Bet's experience and interaction with him. As a reader I'm discovering things along with Beth which makes the story more cryptic. For some reason Beth's anxiety may play a role on her being hypersensitive to her surroundings or it may be your intention to make us readers doubt Beth's sanity. Interesting how Sam keep calling Beth, Elizabeth and how she doesn't correct him. Good chapter. Thank you for updating.
Scevity chapter 2 . 2/9/2009
You know, I don't suppose I really know what to actually type for a review until the story is a few chapters in-more developed. And then I only ever really pick apart the characters. So, really, I guess I don't really know what to say just yet. Except, I feel bad not saying at least that I like it anymore, so there-I really do like it.
Naoise chapter 2 . 2/9/2009
I really liked this chapter! Especially the description of the house when Beth first saw it, the dark clouds looming. I can't wait for more! I also think it was so sweet of Sam to get her a puppy. Arthur is such a cute name. At one stage I thought I was coming to the end of the chapter but I was wrong! I liked that. Anyway I really cannot wait for more Kate.

Beautiful story.