Reviews for When Night is Almost Done
fusioncrrzyy chapter 6 . 3/30/2009
please update! this is probably one of my favorite stories on your site ) besides preston and jane
nichole chapter 6 . 3/29/2009
so far this seems like an amazing story. i really love the story line and plot so far.

thank you so much for writing, i hope you finish it because i hate to be left hanging :)

have a good day!
amo angel324 chapter 6 . 3/25/2009
Please update soon! I am in agony waiting for the next chapter and that was an evil way to end off the chapter too. i am on the edge of my seat so please update soon!

BTW i love all of your stories and this one is so far my fav.

class.act chapter 6 . 3/24/2009
This is absolutely amazing. It's the only horror story I have read yet on fictionpress, and though I admit I would never had clicked on the link had I had even the slightest inkling of the plot, I can't stop reading it now. It's like a book that I can't put down :)

You write so well. You've brought the whole old-world 1950-s thing into it too. The writing style, how you describe the characters and their relationships; you really do bring their emotions across. I have spotted some grammatical errors, but they're few and far in between. Stuff like an 'on'instead of an 'an'.

And even though, till now atleast, the plot has been pretty cliché, I'm totally loving the whole horror/mystery/romance genre, though I never expected to. You really do have me spooked. When I saw the photographs of the Chapman House in your profile, especially the B&W one, they literally gave me the chills.

I can't wait to read more. Update soon!
la bonne annee chapter 6 . 3/20/2009
I really liked the scene in the library, and when Sam decided her knew where she would be because of her trunk full of books, I thought there might be an Atonement moment! I like that very much. I'm still not crazy about the POV jumping around from character to character, but maybe it has something to do with the overall story or ending, or maybe thats just how you wanted it.
la bonne annee chapter 5 . 3/20/2009
I've been reading your story so far and enjoying quite a bit. I like the plot and the juxtaposition of Beth and Amanda, and I like the missing sister. One thing I'm not quite feeling is the sudden switch to Sam's point of view. I think the scene would have been much more powerful if the reader knew as much as Beth did when she came upon them, so it gives us the push and pull of whether or not Sam is good or bad. And beyond that, it just seems random to suddenly change the point of view. I'm still enjoying it a lot though!
elennie chapter 6 . 3/20/2009
I liked this chapter! I like the way things are pacing. Slowly, but you still manage to move the story along a little bit each chapter. You give us something to cling to. Like the way her accidental touch made him hot, or the fact that Beth now seems to have a friend in Tess. It's all wonderful. I can't wait for the next chapter. I really hope Tess believes her! She seems like the kind that would; the sort of friend Beth needs to try and figure this all out.

Please update soon! If you ever want someone to bounce ideas off of or to try and help you brainstorm, feel free to PM me!

Good luck and I can't wait for the next chapter! I'm going to go try and recover from fright now. *laughs and hugs*

Samara
elennie chapter 5 . 3/20/2009
Oh poor Beth! Gah! That...THING! Makes me wanna stick HER in a boiling shower! Ugh!

I can definitely tell there's gonna be drama and angst. It made me nearly cry, her distress. I'm loving it. You're such a wonderful writer. Keep up the amazing work!
elennie chapter 4 . 3/20/2009
Wow. *laughs* I'm going to be terrified of my shower for a while now. I don't think I'll be taking them at night for a while yet. And who is Emily! A former love? Nah, didn't seem it. A sister? Maybe a twin? I can't wait to find out! Oh, this is a wonderful story!

I did notice something that was a bit confusing though. This sentence. I think there may have been a typo or two; just some misplaced letters.

Raindrops stills clung to the blades of grass and to the leaves of the trees and they glistening in the sunlight like crystals.

I don't wish to sound rude, but it just made that particular flow a bit bumpy.

I love how the puppy is like her protector. I forgot to mention that in my last review. It's precious and comforting. I'm so scared to read the next chapter! I both want to know and don't want to know what will happen, but I'm hooked now! Fascinating job!
elennie chapter 3 . 3/20/2009
Holy Hell. Okay, I am sufficiently scared. Ghost stories like this scare the living crap out of me. I love it. I loved The shining, even if I did have to sleep with the door open for weeks after reading it. XD! You're doing such an amazing job!
elennie chapter 2 . 3/20/2009
Great chapter! It's always important to have things set up, and this chapter does that wonderfully. And aw puppy! *pets him and coos* That's so sweet! I can't wait to read more!

*bounds on to next chapter*
elennie chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
Oh yes yes yes! I am definitely interested! God, this story has such a captivating beginning! Your writing style is wonderful, and you truly capture the despair she is feeling. Out-STANDING work!

Samara
coolbeanie chapter 6 . 3/19/2009
So good! I can't wait for more! This story is getting so intense.
Cathy chapter 6 . 3/18/2009
Wow, this is getting lots of reviews. It deserves it! I love your stories! This one is great, but Sam and Beth need to interact finally! I still love it though!
Faith Adeline chapter 6 . 3/18/2009
Poor Beth ): I loved the sister, and I hope Tess will be a friend to Beth. Great chapter. I loved it (: Keep it up and update soon!

Faith