Reviews for When Night is Almost Done
goanywhere chapter 2 . 3/7/2009
Aw.

I wish Sam wasn't more interested in work

Than getting to know his new wife.

What the heck.

Good chapter as always.
goanywhere chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
I hope that they get to know each other.

But I think they will.

I'm scared of the ghost already.

I really like Beth.

Yet another great story.
bubble headed chapter 5 . 3/5/2009
I love this story. I went and looked up the character pics you posted and I can so imagine Leighton Meester as Beth and who the guy is who plays Sam. And I like the slow way it's building up. Like how all these things are happening to Beth but she cant tell Sam because of so many little reasons. Anyways I hope you update soon cause I'm looking forward to the next chapter. :)
missy85 chapter 5 . 3/4/2009
Oh, i'm loving this story - even though I want to pull my hair out Im so curious! Can't wait for the next update!
BioInk chapter 5 . 3/4/2009
Great chapter, I like reading Sam's POV.
Faith Adeline chapter 5 . 3/4/2009
Aw, I feel so bad for her! She's so innocent, lol. I loved it. It was well written, and just great. And I think slow moving works with this kind of story. Builds up the suspense :)

Faith
Kira chapter 5 . 3/4/2009
I'm really enjoying this story; even though it's moving slowly i feel like it makes it better when things actually start happening..great job! good character development, please update soon!
Adelaide Evening chapter 5 . 3/4/2009
This is quickly becoming my favorite story on Fictionpress, even if it isn't very far along yet. I'm sorry to hear you are putting it on hold, but I think your reasoning is quite justified. Criticism always feels like a slap in the face, even when it is deserved. In your case, I don't think the criticism is called for, and I think people are being too nit picky. Even professional authors make grammar mistakes, and your grammar seems pretty good to me. If there are mistakes, they're very unnoticeable and don't detract from the story at all. It also seems like you've done your research, and I don't agree with the people who think the time setting of your story doesn't seem plausible.

The reviews you've received that are completely rude and insulting obviously have no ground. The offender couldn't even find ground to insult you, so they had to stick with completely vague remarks like "You're not a good writer". It's obvious the person was doing this out of jealousy, and only wanted to discourage you and hurt your feelings.

In essence, I think you're a very talented writer in all aspects. Your diction and grammar are great, as well as your ability to weave a captivating tale. As can be seen by your reviews, it seems that the fans who adore your writing greatly outnumber the idiots who won't admit it out of jealousy.
Matsudapie chapter 5 . 3/4/2009
I can't tell you how happy I am I've found this story! I absolutely love it, and can't wait for the next chapter. (Poor Beth, humiliated like that.) For some reason, it reminds me of "Rebecca", one of my favorite books/films ever. :) So hooray for that!

The only negative thing I can say about the story is that I've noticed a few grammar mistakes, notably in the line "As her husband, Elizabeth should simply trust him." The first part of the sentence is a misplaced modifier, and it makes it sound as if Elizabeth is the husband. :) Please realize that I don't mean to offend you or come off as some crazy grammar nut! I only bring this up because it might be a bit confusing to readers. (I had to read it twice because the first time left me going, "What?" LOL)

Also, I had to laugh when Beth was reading "Lady Chatterley's Lover"-quite a risqué book, especially for one as innocent as her, not to mention that it was banned until 1959 (OMG *SUPER NERD MODE*). :)

Sorry for letting this review get wildly out of hand, but I just wanted to thank you for posting such a fantastic story!
fangirl3000 chapter 5 . 3/4/2009
well, this is certainnly getting more interesting. the shower attack and the vibes from amanda/sam are certainly not just anyones imagination. im curious about the other sibling and this ghost business, but time will tell i suppose. well done, brillent piece of literature.
EnchantedKorean chapter 5 . 3/3/2009
I do love your quick updates! Nicely done! :)
kayoko123 chapter 5 . 3/3/2009
I like how we get to see things from Sam's POV and see how he feels about Beth. In a way, I feel like there should be some hidden secrete about Sam's past that might explain the haunting. I think its unlikely the case, but I can guess!

Awesome chapter. As always, thank you for writing!
SweetDreamsNNightmares chapter 5 . 3/3/2009
I know its just the 5th chapter but I love this story already! it just sounds cool _ (and please tell me there will be a happy ending and that they will end together... plz)
Scevity chapter 5 . 3/3/2009
Alright, so it makes the most sense for it to have something to do with his sister, right? At least, at first. I mean, because someone else was initially in that one picture and the house-keeper (whose name I'm completely forgetting at the moment but will probably remember as soon as I submit this review) mentioned in her story about the Chapman's having a daughter. A daughter that no body seemed to ever be clued in about which, for a family so highly followed and rich, could be no easy feat.

Plus, Elizabeth and Sam's new home used to be a place where his family would reside on vacations.

Except, I fail to understand what a sister could possibly ever have against her brother's getting married. Especially in considering that the others have as well. It's rather hard to imagine any sort of ghost of a sister or something along the lines of that reacting so fiercely-whether there were semblances of incentuous entanglements or not. But, then again, in our society we are incredibly limited in our desires for revenge in that we may be caught and punished. Whatever it is that is terrorizing Beth is not tangible, at least not to her. You cannot see it nor feel it, though she did see something in her window on the train. In such a case, it certainly must not be restrained by our laws and society. Who could possibly catch that which they cannot see without a window, that leaves no traces, that travels in the wind, and somehow manage to lock in a jail cell?

But, can we really assume that these are the greatest of people? It's been acknowledged that Sam's brother is rather loathed, that he didn't want Beth talking to him. All the same, revered though he is, who is to say that Sam does not have a past? Who was with him every second of every day to vouch for that fact?

While whatever is haunting Elizabeth is clearly female-at least to my eyes, for they are truly vicious. Men get angry, yes. They fight horrendously fatuous wars. But girls will attack over the silliest things if it angers them, which oh so easy to do, if it nags at them, and they aim to hurt. To do unrepairable damage. To leave a mark so that a lesson might be learned.

What if Sam isn't as clean as everyone paints him to be? What if he got mixed up in some things at war. What if he dislikes his brother because he fears being reminded, being sucked back in, rather than simply finding the man despicable as the rest of the world seems to? What if he fond himself entangled in a relationship then that, full of meaning at the time, became more of a mistake than the Amanda in this chapter? What if he lost himself, and then lost her? And what if she, now dead-because who doesn't love a good ghost story?-is plaguing Beth?

I'm probably overlooking a few very important elements that will make this end up incredibly wrong, but it's worth a guess, yes?
Naoise chapter 5 . 3/3/2009
I loved this chapter and I think the purple flowers Beth brought Sam were so much nicer than what Amanda brought him. I also liked getting to see things from Sam's perspective, it was interesting. Love is in the air I imagine. Pardon the clichéd quote. (:

I'll theorize about this story in my head because I honestly do not know what is going in with the Chapman House. I thought it was a ghost of a dead sister or girlfriend, but now you have me terribly confused, in a good way of course.

I shall be eagerly awaiting the next installment!
255 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »