Reviews for Sigyn
lupine-eyes chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
It's a beautiful rewrite of the myth. Well done.
Kali-Nineteen chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
Yay! A Norse story! Anyway, I really, really liked it. :) Very detailed too... 10/10
spartasghost chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Ending: I'll be honest here: the ending was what got me into wanting to finish the story more than the beginning because I felt it picked up a lot better at the end. The actions of Loki and Sigyn at the serpent was the most compelling part about the story because it made you wonder what would happen to the rest of the world.

Enjoyment: While I'm no expert on mythology, I always find mythology entertaining, and that was no exception with this story. The reasons I found this entertaining was because of the love Loki had for Sigyn and his punishment with the serpent. The other thing that was enjoyable was the end of that world at that time, because well, end of the world situations are always interesting to read.

Plot: The idea was certainly one of the most originals of a story I've ever read, because the mythological background was certainly enthralling. I understood where everything was heading to in the end, but the story was executed well enough to keep me reading to the end.

Other: I found that the tragedy for Loki was one of the most important things in this story, as it was described perfectly to feel all the sympathy in the world for him. After all, this is a mythology story, and tragedy does play a good role in all mythology. The sympathy for Loki is so much because he has obviously suffered a whole lot. Very creative idea, and great execution for such a difficult thing like mythology to end up with. I definitely found this to be an enjoyable work.
faydiablo chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
Once again, too lazy to actually log-in...Anyway, I already did know the bit about Ragnarok, and although I'm more into Greek mythology than Norse, I do know a bit about it.

This was great...Creepy, but great.
Mercyette chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
Here's your fourteen sentences :)

Honestly, I can't believe that you haven't had any reviews for this piece yet - of course, you just published it yesterday, too. That and we both know how readers are quick to review. ;) What I really love about this story (and probably your writing in general - as I've only read this story) is the imagery that you put into it. I can vividly see everything that is going on, right down to every detail. And I'm a sucker for detail, as I'm sure you've noticed, lol. I also enjoyed the raw emotion that was prevalent with the main character. I could really feel Loki's pain, and there aren't very many writers on this site who are very good with that. That and I wanted to point out that I thought the quite was interesting, too, but I think I would have put it at the very beginning as more of a theme thing. Sophocles is an excellent playwright.

As far as con crit goes, there isn't very much that I can comment on. The story is very strong as it is. One thing you might want to to do is consider having fewer line breaks between paragraphs. It seems that it can run smoothly without them. Of course, that's just a personal preference for the writer, too. I just thought I'd give you my two cents on it.

Great job overall!