Reviews for starry night
drops of rain chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
Very cute. I like the creative idea of this.
Isca chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
"It coyly laughs at the big, bright light above." And the star becomes a child of the sun-playing and laughing in space. Stunning imagery.

Your use of the number eight is very crafty-you subtly allude to infinity with ease.

"And wishes for sweet, sweet dreams for those below." A star that cares about the people on Earth? Now that's beautiful...

:D
Little girl Big world chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
This is good. It's sweet and happy. I like how you personify the star. The first line is good and the last stanza is wonderful! :)
faerie-gumdrops chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
Ooh pretty!

This poem made me feel all warm and lovely. Although I love angst's tits off, it's always nice for something to make you feel *good*.

I love all the personification here. The star seems like a naive little kid just dancing around and having fun and being completely happy.

Also, I really liked the idea of the star wishing for sweet dreams. A nice twist on the whole wishing on a star idea :)
effervescent-sentiments chapter 1 . 2/15/2009
When you say "at the next," it's ambiguous...you can't tell whether you're talking about the next sky or the next star. :)

It's my opinion that it sounds better and is more fluid if you put the adverb after the verb - so "laughs coyly" vs. "coyly laughs."

I like the use of "eights" instead of "figure eights." It's nice and goes along with the rest of the poem's tone, playful. :)

Lastly, I'd add "the" after "for" in the last stanza.

I really like this! It's so sweet and happy - a nice break from a lot of the heavier poetry on FP. Nice work!

Effervescent-Sentiments
lymli chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
it's like a lullaby, the last verse is amazing.