Reviews for The Rubaiyyat of Omar Camacho
Anon Fan chapter 5 . 12/23/2013
As I'm re-reading this for the millionth time, I notice something. I love this story a lot, the way their relationship develops is compelling, sweet, and believable. The passage of time makes their eventual union really great but today I notice that the last we hear of them is Robert being distant and then them having sex. It'd be really great to get an epilogue to this someday, I'm really curious as to what kept Robert from getting in touch with Omar that night specifically. Also, it'd be great hearing about what happens when the relationship pans out (or doesn't), how the end up getting along with each other's best friends (who were both involved and notable characters), and how Omar, who still has somewhat lacking confidence fairs in a relationship. Maybe even getting to know Robert as he is- not as he was idealized by Omar. Listing all that, it kind of sounds like I'm asking for a sequel. I get it if you're not very attached to these characters anymore or if you're busy, just my humble opinion as a fan of yours :) Merry Christmas.
blurry19 chapter 5 . 12/14/2012
Sigh... everything you write is beautiful.
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 5 . 10/14/2012
I've just finished re-reading this, and both Omar and Robert seem so unreal. Like they're missing something vital - aside from each other, I mean. They're very human at the same time, seen as they keep on making mistakes and creating misunderstandings. I kept on thinking throughout the whole story: Robert must really, really like Omar to keep up with him. I like Robert, he's cool, but a bit cold. And I wouldn't just forgive him for kissing his best friend if I were Omar. No matter how loosely you like to treat your friends, you shouldn't be surprised if someone misunderstands. Wow, rant, I'm sorry. This was very good yet again.
Bedlam Chaos chapter 5 . 12/25/2011
Okay. Is it normal if I wanted to kick Robert? Not in the beginning. But with the videostore-garage-not-answering at the phone episode? I like Omar. A lot. It seems weird to me he didn't stay in contact with some of his relatives. Nevertheless the story was catching :-) I liked it a lot. So thank you for writing it: it was a pleasure to read :-)
Funky Bracelet Chick chapter 5 . 9/11/2011
Very adorable! ]]
xanthofile chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
i meant to review this story after i'd read it, but it was just one of those things that gets pushed aside during finals preparations. anyway, this is me reviewing now, so i guess before doesn't quite matter.

what to say... well, i have to say that this story is so different from what i normally find on fictionpress (or pretty much anywhere online), the way the story progresses and such. there's so much implied background information, the reader's thrown into a beginning 'situation' without any lead-up or building plot, and i really enjoy that. and i love how there is sap (because i'm such a sucker for it) but that it's awkward, and somewhat bitter. i love the progression through years, how that progression isn't expressedly noted or marked but just folded into the ongoing narrative.

i think what i love the most is that we find out how strong their feelings for each other really are, through so much time going by and that still remains the same, but we don't know WHY they feel that way. how that started. just that it is.

can't figure how many times i said "love" in this...three times? huh, a lot for me. ::laughs:: anyway, i greatly enjoyed reading this story, and i actually kinda billboarded it on my y!gallery account. hope you don't quite mind. heh.

xanthofile
Aime Atem chapter 5 . 4/24/2009
This is great! Not your typical slash attitudes toward a relationship, which is quite cool. Off to read some of your work that isn't "old"!
juliandarling chapter 5 . 4/8/2009
How can this have so few reviews? I was reading a bunch of your work at once, all of which I loved, but the title of this one grabbed me and wouldn't let go. It's amazing! Their little back-and-forth was adorable, and seemed timeless. I loved the characterisations, and how they seemed like soul mates or something, albeit rather silly ones who can't get their act together. Anyhow, thanks for that lovely piece.
frogs of war chapter 5 . 3/13/2009
Boy, they kept missing each other. Robert might have been happier if they'd gotten together in high school, but Omar is a better person now.
Cattails chapter 5 . 2/17/2009
I blame Robert for them taking so long to get together. I mean, you don't tell someone to call you and drop by your dorm and then not answer your phone and make-out with your best friend when he DOES drop by! Geez. But oh well. It ended well :D And I did enjoy their little chase. But poor Omar XD He tried so hard. And then Robert was a jerk. But it worked out, so I guess that's okay :P And they really are extremely cute. I loved the way this ended!
Cattails chapter 3 . 2/13/2009
First off, I love the pun in the name of the story. XD That's my favourite book of poems. But anyway :P Even though the chapters are short, I'm really enjoying the plot of the story and the focus on the characters. But a guy you have a crush on finding your smutty writing online...that would be embarrassing, wouldn't it? ; Poor Omar. Robert better not hurt him! D: Hopefully they'll get to spend more time together!