Reviews for Mount Inferno
Senora-del-Sol chapter 5 . 7/22/2010
I'v got to say this story kills me... I love it, I love reading it, I love Zane and Tate, but it is such a hard subject it is rather painful to read. But I always come back for more.

Although painful, I really enjoy the real life aspect to it that a lot of other stories don't have on FictionPress. The fact it is based on actual events makes it more so, because there were real lives lost.

I really do hope for a happy ending for Zane and Tate, after all they've gone through to get out, hurt but alive. I was really scared there for a little bit, about their survival, both their survival.

Thank you for the great story, and keep up the great work!
Brielle Gemson chapter 5 . 11/22/2009
this is...amazing. ive never had any experience with these kinds of fires, but this is so descriptive i feel like i have! ]
Amarantis chapter 5 . 11/20/2009
Oh, wow, I've missed this story. It's really good and I'm glad you've updated.
springdaisy chapter 4 . 6/28/2009
What a beautifully written story. I do hope you continue with it. My heart breaks everytime someone mentions the fires, even though my family was not personally affected and cannot possbily understand the trauma you've had to go through, I still feel like it hit home and makes me want to cry at the thought of it.

I didn't think I would be able to read this story initally, but you've manage to write something wonderful about an horrible event.

Please do continue. I wish you all the best.

x
Ponder000 chapter 4 . 6/11/2009
Yes!They made it...well hope nothing fatal happens that will lead to their death! I wonder how long will you keep the story up? I hope the story will go on for a bit. I like both the characters and the plot. Char development is quite good so far. The scenes are quite tense and filled with anticipation. But then at every chap, it talks about the past and so it calms down abit, which evens out the moods. Cos i find some fictions quite tiring to read what with the same mood and all. But your story is enjoyable and has a fast-paced feeling due to the fire, close death, sudden kisses. Makes u feel like you're there too.

Oh and hope that Zane isnt severely hurt that he has to be confined to a wheel chair all his life! No, the agony and pain...(
Ponder000 chapter 2 . 6/10/2009
Scary, hope Tate doesnt die!
Ponder000 chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
I thought bush fires were caused by high temperatures and natural catalysts?
ValSilph chapter 3 . 2/21/2009
Wow...I am on the edge of my seat! Please, please update soon.
Senora-del-Sol chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
This story is hard to read. Not in the sense that it is not well written, but in the sense that it is so...real it hurts. I don't know whether to cry, because of the feeling Tate, or Zane, or anybody else up in the mountains, or cheer Tate on, even if that little voice inside my head says its hopeless. It is very well written story, although I am curious why this particular story is in the romance section?

My prayers go on for all that were lost in the fire, and for those who survived. I hope you all are able to go on the road to recovery soon.
judevanderhall chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
First and foremost, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, and everyone else who's been faced with what's happening there. I've been following it on the news, and my heart, seriously, go out to everyone who's been affected. I too hope that whoever maliciously capitalised on the natural disaster be brought to charges.

It seems so secondary, now to continue my review but I just wanted to say that this story is well written. I like the voice you've used for Tate. You capture the relationship with her mother in this quite well. And the way you write her fears and the impending danger is detailed enough that I'm able to situate myself in Tate's mind in that moment. It reminds me of Ellie, of John Marsden's 'Tomorrow' series, and that's a compliment! I am curious to see where this will go.
frozen phalanges chapter 1 . 2/11/2009
Wow. Every time I click on the news its on the Vic fires... it looks like a fucking tornado has gone through it. Yeah, a couple of errors in here - mostly typos - but other than that, great job... i cant even begin to imagine how scary that would have been.