Reviews for Cigarette
Antimatter Matters chapter 1 . 3/6/2009
Great stuff. I love the powerful use of vocabulary.
crocodile chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
what a ridiculously amazing concept. the detail is stunning; i love that you never seemed to repeat a single image. i never thought of cigarettes so complexly. also, i was really, ah, mesmerized by the way you seemed to build into a rhyme scheme; it's not often that a poem starts more concrete than it ends. i like it the more i read it.
MakeSarahSmile chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
I can relate so much to this, and this is amazingly written. I don't even think that's a word, I just made it up cause that's how much I like this :D

One suggestion, though. Instead of "maybe one day/if I’m lucky/you might light me up again." I would say "maybe if I'm lucky/you might light me up again."

If you condensed that into 2 lines somehow, it would make the last stanza flow beautifully. (:
words.for.you-DLS chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
I loved it! A very different point of view that most would not have thought of. Nice job!
Dale Christopher chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
Wow, really well done. I don't remember the last time I saw such a well done metaphor. It worked really well, and I liked that it seemed to have a lot of self deprecation in it, it fit with the whole smoking theme. It was very smooth too (no pun intended), it flowed well and the rhyming didn't feel forced at all.

Awesome work.