Reviews for Coconut Milk Soup
smiling chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
oh, darling, if you don't like the ending, CHANGE IT. you have the power to.
Veneya chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
poor echo, at least he's found phillip - i loved this
Peony Black chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
This is pure awesome. I'm so happy I found it. I hope you don't mind if I link back to it. It's like Boris Vian, writing slave!fic - simply glorious.
Let's See If It Moves chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
You know, this reminds me of the song Lay Your Hand by Cathy Davy. (It owns your soul). I personally loved the ending, Echo sounds like he really needs someone to love him.
Erisah Mae chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
This is a quite cute little fic. I loved the everyday bizarreness of it all. Also, I want to live in that castle. A pub downstairs and deckchairs sounds like my kinda place.

This was really enjoyable.

Nice one.

Erisah
Icyfire4w5 chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
1) Wow, thanks for warning me that you've written this one-shot as an experiment. Otherwise, I'll be wondering why the King is sipping lemonade, not wine.

2) I expect the King to go gaga over silly young virgins, but aw, maybe he prefers "experienced" sidhes.
CinderellaWithCombatBoots chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
I like it. I love the 'Sidhe' and it's mythical element to the story. It is a bit short and simple but it's sweet and well-written. It's good :]
The Fallen Caryatid chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
It was enjoyable for people who are not you! I enjoyed it a lot. I liked how for a King, everything seems sort of casual, tropical and a bit tacky-reminded me of home in the sub-tropics, actually. It was a cute story, I just wish there was a little bit more.

Oh, and I was strangely fond of the Assistant. I wish I'd had the chance to see a bit more of her.
Hell's first Icicle chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
Have i reviewed this before? i'm not sure i have, which is probably a terrible terrible crime, as i've read it about 6 times and fallen in love with it a bit more every time. i kind of want to take your characters home with me and make them do wholly inappropriate things to eachother, like start a stable, loving relationship. huhm. :)
ddz008 chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
I liked it. I would even like to read more about them. I think that the ending fits with the mood of the story and your writing. :)
Cocaine Cowgirl chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
I enjoyed it. Cute, and very well written. I love the style.

It does make me sad that Phillip doesn't like suits.
MasacreInTheLivingroom chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
Well I thought it was enjoyable xD Really the whole thing was adorable, but poor Echo! He had to put up with all of that crap for so long! It was adorable how he had that crush on Philip though, even though Philip was a bit odd in the sense that he wasn't like the rest of the political scum bags in the story. I hope to read more of your stories : p
Cattails chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
I loved the style of this! I don't think I've actually ever read any post-modernist literature...so this was very cool XD I was also rather fond of Echo's personality. Bitter sidhe are always fun. I also liked Phillip. And I love them even better together! :D That ending was so cute.
Limited Edition chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
I'm gonna complain about two things. One is that there is too little description, both of the enviroments and the characters and their feelings. The other is that Philip lacks authority. I like his personality and how relaxed he is and silly, but he doesn't feel like a king, and thus is a bit unrealistic, because in reality, he'd get usurped on day one. I love the plastic and lime green and pink a lot, and the cuteness and the gayness XD I love Philip's personality and the gum-chewing concubines. The language fits the story perfectly and is very easy to follow. One of the key things that got me hooked was the flow. Good job!
SerialXLain chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
"Guilt, carried by an ibis, swooped through Echo’s body."

"He was a pink paper umbrella, perched precariously on the edge of the abyss."

I LIKED THOSE TWO LINES ESPECIALLY. /caps

I like red and white striped wearing Phillip. Actually, I liked everything about Phillip. He was sweet and needed man hugs. Echo was cool as well.

Aww. Cute. Yay. I liked it. Even the end, you silly. :3 Thanks.

Happy V-day, man.