Reviews for Just Don't Fall In Love
SometimesG chapter 14 . 11/1/2010
whew... what a story you have here... i am loving it despite the initial trepidation of what-is-this-kind-of-groupie-rock-band story. but you got the vibe going...i feel like i am watching the tour, in the front row!
Pumkin33 chapter 34 . 11/1/2010
Argh the story was flippin amazing :) I'm so sad it's finished, ...but you will write more stories yes? Xx
marijee chapter 34 . 11/1/2010
CONGRATULATIONS! Yay! You finished your story!

I hope my last review was ok. I know that I wasn't as happy with it as the rest of the story...but please know I truly enjoyed your story. I really liked your Holly character. Her character was well defined and her emotions came through clearly. Dan and Michael were great characters too. I liked the complexity of the story. Holly not wanting to be a groupie and falling in love with a rocker, Daniel dealing with the band and his past relationship, Michael, just trying to find out who he really is. It was a good story. Keep writing!

Thank you for writing.
Sweatered5Hatchets chapter 34 . 11/1/2010
I love how they tease each other!

This story is different from any rock band story, which is a good thing.

I'm happy and sad that this story has come to an end, but I enjoyed reading it and I was excited when there was an update!

You did an amazing job! :D and can't wait to read any future stories you plan on writing.
Georgia chapter 33 . 10/30/2010
AH IT'S OVER (ish) D: :D D: :D My emotions are so conflicted! Happy, sad, happy, sad.

Dan and Holly are so cute together! And I love Michael, my love for him will never fade ;) Ok I'm going to keep it short and sweet, I should be writing a politics essay about the legal system in Indonesia. YOU AND YOUR FIBBITY FAB (fabulous) WRITING distractin' me from my homework ;) But I love it :D

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE EPILOGUE. x
Sweatered5Hatchets chapter 33 . 10/29/2010
I love it when Dan said "We can get a cat and a garden and start a family..." and Holly's response was "We can't get a cat"

I thought it was adorable!

Can't wait for the epi!
sithprincess chapter 33 . 10/28/2010
I CANNOT believe it is over - mushy but not too mushy. I'm both relieved and saddened that it is the end. It was/is a great story. Thank you!
marijee chapter 33 . 10/27/2010
You know I've enjoyed this story the whole way through...but, I wish there would have been more Dan and Holly time this chapter. We heard from Tina, Michael and Dylan for three quarters of the story and just a bit at the end when Dan showed up. I seemed like their reunion was hurried.

In saying that, I did love the way you showed us Holly's emotions...the sort of out of body/surreal experience of finding out something you were giving up on was actually happening. "I couldn't move, and I couldn't think. Dylan said something, but my ears were full of white noise. Dan came to a halt when he reached safe talking distance to me. I wanted to say his name; it was on the tip of my tongue, but my throat was too tight to speak, my heart too fast to keep up with. It was like I was falling apart inside." I really liked this and all those thoughts of Holly as Dan showed up and started talking to her. Really well written and emotional.

All in all, I really enjoyed this story. I think you gave us emotional and believable characters. I enjoyed the story line, with the exception of the ending... I don't think it was a bad ending, probably everyone else will love it, I just think you're capable of doing better. Thank you for writing and I do look forward to reading the epilogue.
Mayuka chapter 33 . 10/27/2010
Awesome story! I love it! Can't wait for the epilogue!
marijee chapter 32 . 10/27/2010
Not sure what happened, but somehow I missed reviewing this chapter.

Well it looks like I got all my questions answered. They were all there at the press conference, and Neil is an asshat! I guess, I understand why he has anger towards his father who is gay. His father sounds like a real piece of work. Mistreating their mother and all... But Neil is obviously blinded by his prejudice. Michael was a freind and partner before Neil found out he was gay. It's rather sad.

I was happy that Dan did not go with Neil. I'm sad the band broke up, but I don't think it would've been right to get rid of Michael. He really was the frontman of the group and he picked up the slack when Neil took off. Oh and I was never so happy when Michael asked Dan why he wasn't with Holly. He really didn't have an excuse. I loved it that he tore off the bus and is going in search of Holly. I hope he finds her.

I have enjoyed this story so much! Thank you for writing.
cephasnarrative chapter 33 . 10/27/2010
I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED, LOVED, LOVED IT. Did I mention I loved it!

It was amazing! I'm so happy for Holly, but I'm sad it's over :( You did an amazing job!
smrae chapter 33 . 10/27/2010
Sad that it's over but it was great! This story always made me smile and it made me want to pull my hair out too haha. Congrats on finishing a fantastic story and I can't wait to read more!
SeaJade Song chapter 33 . 10/27/2010
aw how sweet. but sad, cats rock i cant believe shes allergic :)
nirvana474 chapter 33 . 10/27/2010
I have absolutely no complaints, the ending was perfect, it made me cry... it was just awesome. The whole story. I thought you should know. :)
CynicalRomantic09 chapter 33 . 10/27/2010
Hi!

Sorry I haven't reviewed in forever! Life has gotten so crazy, but I have time now, so I'm getting my review in.

Honestly, I think this ending was a little unrealistic in relation with the drama you had between Holly and Dan. They caused each other (well mainly Dan did) so much pain and heartache. Too many times, Dan practically shoved Holly out of his life and while it may have been to protect her from his lifestyle choice, it didn't make it hurt any less.

There was a major communication malfunction between these two and I can't see a successful relationship happening where they didn't sit down and talk out their issues. It's nice that you wanted a happy ending between them, but they really needed to sit down and have a serious talk in order for that to even seem feasible.

All Dan really did was tell Holly that he loved her and wanted her. There wasn't even really an apology worked in there, which she was definitely owed.

I'm sorry this isn't a very positive review because you know (or I hope you know!) how much I adore this story. But if I'm being honest, I think the main focus of this ending chapter should have been on Dan and Holly and all that other stuff with Dylan and Tina and Michael could have been dealt with in an epilogue or something.

That all said, I did like how you handled Michael's "announcement" that he was gay. I really enjoyed that you didn't change Neil's character and make everything happy-go-lucky with the band. Because I think the bland splitting was the only thing that would have made Dan quit being so damn stubborn. Lol. Still sad that he had to lose his band, his family in the process. Stupid Neil. Rawr.
439 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »