Reviews for The Raw and the Cooked
Funky Bracelet Chick chapter 12 . 9/11/2011
This was fabulous xD
IRatherLikeFairytales chapter 12 . 6/30/2011
This is amazing.I have not yet to read another written work that can enfuse such details as you do.
Abrasive chapter 12 . 7/26/2010
Lovely. The imagery was vibrant and clever, the characterisation well-rounded and interesting. Occasionally you used colons when a semi-colon or even a comma would have sufficed. Aside from that, it was stunning.
djabea chapter 12 . 6/8/2010
I think in the last our I fell in love.

The story is wonderful and since I have to learn some botanic iT's just perfect motivation.

Somehow I'm hooked on stories with cooking themes. The manga Kinou Nani Tabeta, is written in a simmilar way like your story. I'm just talking about how you blended the recepts and cooking in the story. I liked your way more 'cause you used the recept to describe things about the story, there was a connection between the cooking and the story.

Thanks for the great story
underdone chapter 12 . 2/9/2010
this was such a sweet story, so visual and tasty. it is simply beautiful.
Antilus chapter 6 . 12/3/2009
I've never been much of a reviewer, but I've read this story six or seven times at the least and thought that the eighth time around should qualify for some sort of acknowledgment.

I absolutely love this story. I love the way Marek and Jackson play of each other. I love the wonderful circle of friends they have. I love the integration of cooking and I love you. Every time I feel like I need a little something to make my day I read this and every time it does; it picks me right up and I'm so thankful you took the time to write this incredible work and share it with us and, if not, me :)

Thanks again, Antilus.
Lunatrix chapter 12 . 10/6/2009
I love it :)

So adorable...

I really like how you added all that cooking stuff, though god knows how you knew all that stuff.

Granted, the last time I tried to cook I burned the water so...

:P
Fluffo chapter 12 . 8/19/2009
I've never read something like this. It's very original and I love this story for the rest of my life! I pretty much got hungry too after this. I love cooking, so it's really enjoyable to read stories like this one.

I also love the way you portrayed the two main characters. Not too handsome and fancy, with "wavy hair and emerald eyes" like most people tend to do. Hairy and smelly, that's what a man is like and I love that.

I find this story realistic, enjoyable to read, sweet and sexy, great work!
Crimsonoaks chapter 12 . 8/10/2009
this was absolutely beautiful. short (comparatively), sweet, and well written. I love how the recipes are integrated into the story. Marek's character is darling, and it is overall great. I need to seriously commend you for realizing good plots/stories aren't overly complex.
thecakethief chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
i am thoroughly enjoying this story already and im only on the first chapter!

Marek is adorable, Jackson's stubborn, and the bay leaf was a wonderful metaphor as well as a line to get the chapter together!

woot woot, looking forward to reading more!
Blithe Lee chapter 12 . 7/20/2009
They're adorable. :)

This has been a great way to spend a pretty dreary Monday. I'll be going through your other fics when I feel up to tackling the huge word counts.
Blithe Lee chapter 4 . 7/20/2009
I love this line because it defines Marek in a lot of ways:

Marek is fed up, honestly, with self-suffiency and independence.

Also, I haven't mentioned this yet-I'm really liking the cooking theme, especially the treatment of the ingredients that begins most of the chapters. It's a great way to show part of who Marek is and also who Jackson is, since his chapter seems oddly blank without the running commentary on wild plants and recipes.
Blithe Lee chapter 3 . 7/20/2009
You do a great job of portraying Marek, both on his own merit and with Jackson's perspective. It's really clear how judgmental Jackson is but also that he's not so judgmental that he's a total jackass.
Blithe Lee chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
Oh I love this! I found out about the Sweet Revolution Awards thing just today, started going through the list, was directed here and I nearly died of happiness because fictionpress tends to have this little all-in-the-family type thing going on where a lot of the good slash writers all love each other but nobody takes the effort so much to prowl fictionpress for good slash OUTSIDE of that massive circle. Including me, though I don't write and tell. AND within that circle it's hard to find people who are legitimately good at writing stories (I adore zebbie to bits and pieces and think d'Neronique's hilarious but that's about it). And wow have I rambled-the point is that this is amazing and I can tell that I am going to love this very much and I no longer need to despair of never being able to find another good slash work ever again.

Also, Marek and Jackson just about break my heart in the opening chapter alone and I don't even know them very well yet! Lovely job.
MomoInsane chapter 12 . 7/10/2009
I really wanted to hit Jackson. With a SPOON.

Besides that, I am really hungry now. This is bad, as I'm am alone and dependent on my own cooking right at the mo. Which I CAN do, I just can't food shop. But I am really longing for pear clafouti. And plums, and September, when the apples start to ripen. And wondering about the wild garlic - we have something called ramsl√łg, which I think means 'pungent onion'? They grow wild in big big patches in beech woods, and if the wind and temperature is right, you can easily smell that strong onion smell, passing by. They have greenish-white flowers. Are these the same? I've always wanted to try cooking them, but didn't know how...
49 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »