Reviews for The Prince and the Dragon
Anonymous chapter 3 . 5/31/2010
Hey, I love this story! I feel like you portrayed the protagonist, Flint, really well. I liked how he broke the dashing-and-brave hero stereotype, how you made him seem very realistic and flawed. I can't help but like him, with his wry humor... I especially liked the puppy dog face bit, when he was looking at the dragon.

I also liked how you portrayed the other characters- his doting mother and sisters, that unpleasant Henman, et cetera.

And Apo. Calypse. Apocalypse. Perfect name for an evil wizard of doom, in my opinion. It amuses me.

So, basically, epic win story. I repeat, epic win.
Dark-Angel chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
Hey-great job! I loved Florian, or I guess "Flint", and his hilarious first-person view of (gulp) fighting a dragon. You had very good dialogue and a cool, non-cliched view of "Prince Charming" slaying a dragon. Noticed that Armagondia is also in you DP fanfiction "Lost", so would Prince Florin be a past of future person (after the war), or was this just random? ;) Er, sorry. Just curious.

Flint truly is charming in this three-part-adventure. Hopefully one day you might continue it, it's a great read. Ciao! :)
the Pearl chapter 3 . 7/14/2009
I admit to adoring this story as well, very enchanting and just as hilarious. My favourite part must be when Florian and Brandon discuss King Florian's missing body parts... "Painful, that must have been", indeed. :D I hope this is just one of many stories to be written and posted here by you. :)
ghostlycorner chapter 3 . 3/15/2009
I absolutely adored this little adventure!

Your characters were quite lovely.

The tone of the story was well-written, too. I enjoyed how you had all the elements of a medieval adventure and sprinkled in modern details.

Well done!

Hope to see Prince Florian save Princess Maritgen!
iAdventure chapter 3 . 3/7/2009
I've always been under the impression that first-person narrators must, as a requirement, tickle the funny bone. Florian definitely meets that criteria; his interior dialogue and interjections, even in the moments of utmost peril, definitely had me cracking a smile. I think his kind-of, sort-of, 'spacey' quality is somehow fitting for a prince.

The dragon-fight was well handled. I personally enjoy a good fight scene, and despair over the fact that most fantasy writers actually give us an 'IKEA' account of a battle scene. Instead, you gave this moment of suspense a heart-pumping and humorous twist. Poor Florian, though. He just barely wedged himself out of that rock and hard place and now it seems like those sort of situations are going to be dogging him left, right and center. I'm curious to see just what sort of princess he's going to be coerced into rescuing.

I find myself not minding that fact that you're playing with the typical, fantasy stereotypes, and that, my friend, is a credit to you and your writing ability.

And for the record, I'm gladder than Prince Florian is to know that this certainly isn't the end of it.
Written chapter 2 . 3/5/2009
hey! you're a pretty good writer. i like the carefree dialogue htat flint has about wanting to change his name, and the action scene with the dragon is well done too. keep up the good work :)
Office Chair Adventurer chapter 2 . 3/4/2009
Your protagonist is extremely likeable, and the story reads smoothly from his point of view. He interjects a lot of side stories, which shape his personality and mark his youth-although, if I were to be historically nit-picky, twenty-two would be considered very adult in a medieval setting. Still, its my impression that you're going for a bit of a contemporary feel in this story (which is working) and so everything about Flint's age, manner and attitudes are well-received. Love the gentle humor here too.

"Do they know what they used to call me in school?"

This is a fresh spin on a old dynamic-the not-exactly-heroic-hero versus a big, mother-crunking dragon- and you have your wonderful handle on point-of-view to thank for it.

Oh, and forgive my surprise, but it's nice to see that the English language has survived your story, unscathed.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Cheers.