Reviews for Famous for a Week
CI chapter 2 . 4/3/2009
For the record: Doom metal is slower. *thumbs up*
Charred Wood chapter 1 . 2/25/2009
I like this story. It's good. I am generally a fan of your writing, so yeah. )

I smiled wide when I read the words 'bubble tea'. I LOVE bubble tea. Bubble tea is god and also heaven on earth
Its.Not.Me.Its.You chapter 2 . 2/24/2009
hey how are you?

love the story

cant wait for more

hope you update soon

if i can make a small suggestion

you should make jess a bit older cause no parent is gonna let a 15 year old girl live with a famous guy fo a week 17-18 maybe
mole-san chapter 2 . 2/21/2009
wow, those jocks remind me of the ones in my spanish class, shouting out obscenities about a certain body part in their pantalones.

keep up the good work, the phone calls seem like something that girl i mentioned earlier would do, anywho, I'm going to keep this short, considering I have a lot of other things I should be doing.

-mole-san
Dr. gonzo chapter 2 . 2/21/2009
this chapter is better than the first one by a wide margin, particularly because of the hilarious answering machine sequence which is the best I've heard since that one in the cable guy.
Dr. gonzo chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
Famous for a week is a brilliant satire of rock stars who have huge cult followings for absolutely no logical reason other that the fact that most of their fans are obsessive fan girls who only buy his music because they think there is a tiny chance that they will get to bang him in a one night stand.
SkateForLife chapter 2 . 2/21/2009
Hey, sounds interesting so far! Can't wait to read the next update. Oh, and I think when the teacher says "Estudian el subjuntivo para el exámen este viernes", it should be EstudiEn, since it's the ustedes command form. Of course, I'm just in high school taking AP Spanish, so I might be having a memory lapse. Anyway, good job so far!
Grey Stork or Napris from FP chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
Ahahahaha

that was hilarious! i love iron and wine but the chewbacca thing wasn't exactly off the mark... the way he sings and the way he looks are both two different things to me. .

this story was kicked off so amazingly clever. blind deaf and missing a leg ... i don't really like that as the chapter title though. it'd be kinda funny if you made corny song titles up from the "darkest desire" album and used them instead. however, i'm not very good with writing, i'm better at reading. (most fp users are _)

so far though, this Jake guy doesn't sound really cool. I really side with how the jessica doesn't feel attracted to him. really.

keep it going, keep it going! don't make drag the story too slow or make things too fast-paced. dragging it too much will make your sense of humor/writing style (WHICH ARE BOTH AWESOME :D) stale, but making it go too fast will make the plot stale.
HelgaBertoni chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
This story sounds like it will be pretty good so update soon!
Mole-san chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
back again eh? i see how it is. Make us want more by taking away the story and then bringing it back? How cruel, well you know what? IT WORKED. I was utterly pissed when i fugured out you took this story down, and now...I am uber happy! But It is still unforgivable _

Dont worry, i love you anyway.

Anywho, i admire jess, she reminds me of myself, and Lizzie, she reminds me of one of my friends. Sadly, the world is full of Lizzies, I am one of the victims of a "Lizzie".

anywho, I'm looking forward to the rest of this chapter, Jess is my new-found hero, i want her to be in your face, sexy, and...artsy! Muhahahahahahahahaha.
Alice B. Black chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
I probably wouldn't normally look at something like this because stories like this are usually so cliche. Yes, I like reading these from time to time, but they have to be well written. I am a fan of your stuff, I didn't realize you were candid until I went to your profile page. I was actually looking to see what happened to Farsighted, but I see you got rid of that one.

So back to the story at hand, I think your characters are already on their way to being fully developed. The main character has a very spunky attitude. I also didn't much care for the despription of his "turd-brown eyes" because I just think there could have been other words to use. It just doesn't make the work seem.. refined I suppose. I think the rest of the description was great however, and the main character actually probably knows too much about him to just not care. Persoanlly, if I didn't care, I wouldn't even remember the name.

So I can say I'm not hooked yet, but this isn't the normal stuff I read, but perhaps if I read more, I may get hooked in the future.

-Alice