Reviews for Forty Days of Jesus Christ
Grimrr Halfpaw chapter 47 . 9/23/2011
I love your writings. I love them a lot. I'm glad the Lord brought me here, for here I have found even more things that'll bring me closer! Such dynamic thinking! Your little snippets of how you remember the Lord...I think I'll try that some time. See what happens :D And I'll praying to God that I may meet you someday...(btw I downloaded the Elevation app and I almost finished two podcast...SEEMS AWESOME!)

May the Lord bless you, Amen.
Grimrr Halfpaw chapter 32 . 9/22/2011
You don't know how good a writer you are. Or maybe you do? If you did you'd realize you just bumped off a couple of my fave authors. YOU ARE AMAZING. THIS IS SOOO RIGHT AND INSPIRATIONAL. My teachers keep telling us "You get to do what you want with your life and you should live it to the full." Yes, I should live it to the full. To the very brim...with our Lord.

I esp. like this chapter because it is

(a) true

(b) humorous to a great extent (srsly, YOU ARE A GREAT COMEDIAN :D)

(c) it helps me not worry about the rest of my life.

Thanks for your writing and may God bless the world.
Grimrr Halfpaw chapter 27 . 9/21/2011
"Every level brings new devils." I'm sooo gonna make a mini poster of that and tape it in my room or somewhere to remind me I need to stay strong so I can be close to God! I've been reading this since chapter 1 and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS. I was planning on finishing it and then going back to review every chapter because THAT IS HOW MUCH THIS IS HELPING ME COME CLOSE TO THE WORLD. I love how you're funny, how you can tell true stories of experiences with God, and how you have such a talent that God gave you for writing! You don't know how much this means to me! This is like one of my favorite pieces of writing (besides my Bible) ! Good job and may God bless you!
Flagellafella chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
I seriously think I love you right now.
Typing Typhoon chapter 3 . 7/24/2010
txttalk review!

lol, gr8 folow up chap. Mini munchkins FTW! Just make sur th0se prayers are direct'd to God and n0t to mr. munchkin or bad karma shal strike u ded.

i am taking ur A/N in2 consider8tion. Munchkins r stUpidand shuld not be trusted with your prayerz anyway. Especlly if dey' aren't poty traind.

R/N

Well, I'll leave you to decipher the above. The munchkin metaphor was brilliant. It am quite saddened to hear that God doesn't have texting though. As you can see from the above I've been practicing... :D
artofjula chapter 2 . 7/23/2010
You're kind of awesome. I should just favorite you as an author.
artofjula chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
I'm practically bombarding you with reviews, sorry bout that! Anyway, this is another great beginning, specially loved the Chuck Norris bit. Onto the next chapter..
Typing Typhoon chapter 2 . 7/22/2010
Told you I'd be back. :D

This chapter was brilliant. The rules for Lent were genius. As for the Jesus rap, deep stuff. Now you just need to find yourself a solid acoustic guitar player. I think the song would serve better in the Gospel/Rock genre then rap. I mean, would you beat box to something like that? 0_0
Typing Typhoon chapter 1 . 7/13/2010
I forgot how I came by this... But it's epic. The idea itself is genius, the reference to DC Talk was a WIN, and the random wit perfected it. Genius stuff all around. I'll definitely continue on.

I was toying around with a religious comedy for awhile, this helped a lot. Eventually I'll get it right...

In the meantime, if the managing the universe had a co-op mode, I think we all know Chuck Norris would be 2nd player.
Getuie chapter 33 . 1/18/2010
Stephenie Meyer had a good idea... uhm decent idea... okay, she had an idea. Just terrible, terrible execution.

Same with JK Rowling. Fantastic ideas... not fantastic execution.

But that just shows something about people: We love potential. We take it and make it our own even if its packaging is mediocre. We need it like we need food.

It's just a same that our we don't always spot the potential of people as eagerly as we do in stories. Maybe then we would be less likely to do the 'hell fire and brimstone', 'you are not worthy - but I am! and am going to inform God that you're definitely no' thing.
TheStaticOnTheRadio chapter 10 . 1/18/2010
You know, I really like the bluntness of this chapter, and it is probably because this is a day-to-day experience for me. More than that, it's this very attitude of understanding there is always something to be thankful for that is my greatest witnessing tool.

I've had a pretty rough life, gone through a lot of crap, and struggle on a daily basis simply to survive... but, I push forward each day with a smile and a thankful heart, because despite everything, I have a roof over my head, I have a family that loves me, and I have the ability to work and provide for myself.

There is ALWAYS positive. You just have to be willing to get over yourself and your self-pity to see it :)

Your words are filled with wisdom... and I shall read on!
TheStaticOnTheRadio chapter 9 . 1/18/2010
Such a truth to this 'chapter'. Something I definitely struggle with too... I have all these ideas swimming around in my head... but so often, I just let them swim... and do nothing about them. I'm working on breaking that habit though.
TheStaticOnTheRadio chapter 8 . 1/18/2010
But, Chuck Norris can't die. He's Chuck Norris.
TheStaticOnTheRadio chapter 6 . 1/18/2010
Something tells me that steak never got finished.
TheStaticOnTheRadio chapter 5 . 1/18/2010
Fantastic story. The lead reminded me a lot of Scout from To Kill a Mockingbird. Wonderful work :)
170 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »