Reviews for Treasured
leavesfallingup chapter 6 . 10/7/2013
Julia is wise. Julia is good. Julia is right. Just ask Julia. I like her.
leavesfallingup chapter 5 . 10/7/2013
So Jerry was giving gifts to obligate Tessa and get control of her. I was afraid of that. They need to get far away from him.
leavesfallingup chapter 4 . 10/7/2013
The neighbor seems to have his eye on Tessa. That could be bad when she starts giving her attention to Parker.
leavesfallingup chapter 3 . 10/7/2013
He'll have to find Tessa a job to do if he hopes to keep her and her family under his roof. She is not the type to take charity... or to risk scandal by staying in the home of a handsome and eligible young man.
leavesfallingup chapter 2 . 10/7/2013
Parker obviously grew up into a good man. I look forward to reading along as he impacts this family... especially Tessa.
leavesfallingup chapter 1 . 10/7/2013
There were so many tragic stories from the 1929 Crash and the Great Depression. Many good people grew strong in hardship and emerged as better people, but so many more just became victims to innumerable difficulties.

A good but sad beginning
cyanistique chapter 34 . 7/17/2013
Parker is such a sweetheart ;_; The perfect man for Tessa that's for sure. I love how Tessa grew throughout the story though at times I was hurrying her to stop being so stubborn but it made everything seem more natural. Her siblings, especially Emma were cute. :) I zipped my way through the story. Great writing
Black is Beautiful chapter 34 . 6/26/2013
I loved it! Can wait to read more of your stories!
Wow chapter 34 . 10/13/2012
Loved this story so much!
e.j.green chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
Hi LeenElle,

My name is Belinda and I'm a reviewer for A Drop of Romeo - congratulations, your story has been nominated by a faithful reader, and accepted to the collection! Here's the review:

"This story is a well-written and masterful account of the life Tessa Evans, a victim of the Great Depression, leads in a shanty town in early 1930's America.

Black Tuesday, and the Depression, irrevocably changes Tessa's life, and with it the lives of her three younger siblings. They are left parent-less and at the mercy of others' good will; however, despite their struggles Tessa and her family retain their dignity and hope. This hope is vindicated when they meet Parker Sullivan, a well-to-do doctor with a loving and generous family. Although it is under difficult circumstances, this meeting is a turning point in all of their lives, signaling their move out of the shanty town.

The plot is gently believable, and the relationships are fostered in an environment where the reader has a chance to get to know the characters and root for their happiness together. Almost all the characters are people you wish you knew in real life - LeenElle does not ignore the minor characters, and gives everybody a chance to be noticed, from toddler Emma to the whole Sullivan family.

The beauty of this story is in the brave, simple faith that the characters share; a basic faith in humanity, in better days ahead and in love. The feeling transcends the historical backdrop and gives the reader hope, because if these people living through the Depression could stay so steadfastly optimistic, then maybe today isn't so bad.

LeenElle creates well-rounded and inspiring characters, whose dramatic downfalls are matched only by the romantic triumph and deliverance they experience. Free of grammar or spelling mistakes, this story is a wonderfully touching story of humanity in America during the Great Depression."

Again, congratulations! You deserve it!

Belinda.
W0lfL0ver chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
OH how I love your stories!
surprisinglyhmtc chapter 33 . 3/5/2012
I absolutely love your story! You are an amazing writer!
surprisinglyhmtc chapter 26 . 3/5/2012
I was waiting for this to happen, but I am angered enough by this chapter to tell you that not every person can bring so many emotions to a reader as you do! this chapter was amazing!
surprisinglyhmtc chapter 24 . 3/5/2012
I really don't want this story to finish, is the best story I've read by far in fictionpress for a long time
surprisinglyhmtc chapter 19 . 3/5/2012