Reviews for succor in hibernation
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
My favorite of yours... so far :D
diffident chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
Absolutely beautiful but very elusive. I love the subtlety of the past-tense "dug"-to me, it implies that the chance to dig for the speaker's subject has long since passed. I don't know if this is what you intended, though.

I feel like the speaker is addressing some part of himself, perhaps the child he used to be, with whom he wishes to reconcile. Mud makes me think of birth and childhood play, and "no clothes" may refer to the state into which we are born. Apron is certainly maternal. The fourth stanza is kind of childish; the speaker is ignoring whatever issues are at hand and focusing in on the present.

I love the presence of water in this poem and its connection to the structure: rain, Niagara Falls, thawed snow... Water is emotion and its overwhelming depth, or perhaps chaos or getting caught in the current.

This was a fantastic read.

marie
she smolders chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
The words chosen to be capitalized added an interesting emphasis. I also like when dialogue can be woven into a poem and still make the piece work. This reads a little different then some of your pieces I think, but people change - our voice can change.

It's nice to read something new from you and I'm really liking the tone of this poem. Take care.
Ikamaru chapter 1 . 2/25/2009