Reviews for The Boy Who Talks to God
asianfighter chapter 1 . 2/2
Oh my goodness. One of my very dear Christian friends introduced this story to me a few years back and I remembered enjoying it. I found it quirky, fun, and inspiring even as a strict non-believer. Looking back on this story, I managed to find a great Christian man, brown hair brown eyes, who talks to the Lord constantly. He's been in my life for a little over a year and a half now, and rereading this story makes me awfully reminiscent. Thank you for writing it!
The end chapter 2 . 10/15/2013
Maybe every generation DOES think they're the last. But I do believe the end is near. What, with all the immorality popping up suddenly and Christians being spiritually attacked...our generation is not a good one, either. Good start to a story, though. :))
Casey213 chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
This story is truly life changing. You have a true gift from God with your words. I will read and re read this story as well as the sequel many times. It makes you realize all over again how great God is and what it means to live your life for Him. Just reading this keeps my thoughts guided towards Him and I am truly inspired. Please write more stories because you are amazing at it. I would really urge your to try and get this published because its an inspiration for young women out there to wait for the man of their dreams and that by focusing on God they can be fulfilled even without a man. I think getting it out there would be beneficial for so many ladies. Better than a lot of the books you see out there that are so far from the bible and God. Thank you!
Prayers and God bless,
-Casey
Sophie Anne Fields chapter 58 . 3/23/2013
I came across this story on A Drop of Romeo. It was different than I expected, but once I started I just couldn't stop. Your characters were impeccable. How you developed them gradually and the relationships between them. Throughout the whole story I could relate to Ally and I felt like I was falling in love with Nate. Despite being able to relate to Ally, my favorite character was Nate. He was complex and I never quite knew what he doing. Overall, I will definitely read the sequel and I might even come back and read this one again. This is such a beautiful story with good message of faith, friendship and family.
Corrie Girondi chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
I will probably read this story over and over again throughout my life, as it is so inspiring. Thank you so much for posting it!
stephan chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
wow this is an amazing book ! i love it :* i want to read more and more and more and more and read for every internaty :DDDDDDDDDDDDD
Corrie chapter 61 . 12/12/2012
This is a gem of a story, and I never thought I would find the like on fictionpress of all places. Before I gave my life to God, I was very nearly addicted to fictionpress. And afterwards, well, I had sworn it off. But before that, I had read the first chapter or so of this story. I don't know why I did not keep reading. Yesterday, even though I had sworn off fictionpress, knowing it to be a stumbling block in more ways than one to my faith, I logged on and went straight to this story. It had to be God. This story was a huge encouragement to me, in so many ways. I have always struggled with giving over my love life to God, even when I thought I had, I found out I hadn't. But after reading this story, it is hard to imagine ever struggling with that again, though it may happen. Also almost as encouraging was the heart-felt testimony about missions. I have felt led by God to missions since I was about 9 or 10, though it has only been these past couple years that He has led me to the certainty of missions being my life work for Him. I am currently a Freshman Nursing major in college, wanting to use Nursing as a way to bring hope and healing to those who need it. Not only have you inspired me to press on (it is finals week), but you have reminded me of my Purpose. Who my purpose is. I just wanted to let you know how much this has blessed me.
Guest chapter 5 . 7/9/2012
I wonder what made Nate like this. Passion and faith like this is beautiful in itself, but a young boy must have been influenced somehow. Are we going to see Nate's parents anytime?

I should mention that I'm not Christian. I'm a Muslim but there are some parts of Christianity which I, as a Muslim, do believe. And though I call myself a Muslim, honestly I wish my faith in my religion was as strong as Nate's. It's hard and starting to feel impossible to trust without questions, to love and to fear at the same time and to have faith. Faith is difficult.

This is an inspirational story in itself, and I'm looking forward to how it unravels.
fairydustillusion chapter 2 . 7/6/2012
oh my gosh! I seriously thought I was the only one who saw the fake-ness and false propheting of Joel Osteen. his "sermons" and their blatant disregard for the Word make me sick. I'm SO glad someone else sees it too.
rosieroo chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
Hey there! I'm Rosie from a website called A Drop of Romeo and I'm happy to say that you're story has made it onto there under the category of 'Girl and Best Friend'! Here's your review:

Rosie Thinks: I think I became hooked on this story from the summary alone. This story is completely different from anything I've ever read before and utterly original. The plot touches on so many different emotions. The relationship between Ally and Nate is sweet and lovely, yet there are parts where you just want to cry or even laugh alongside Ally. I truly felt for Ally - in love with her best friend who is convinced he can hear God and is doing His work. I know it sounds a bit crazy but trust me, it does not come across this way in the story.

I don't consider myself a very religious person, but I found the views presented in this story to be fascinating and not off-putting at all. Unbridled has such an in depth knowledge of many of the topics present in this story, like religion, 'Sharghistan', and horse riding, so it made it that much more interesting. Especially for me - as a horse rider myself - I found that all of what she wrote about dressage was accurate.

I love how this story touches on so much more than just the relationship between Ally and Nate. The parts on Sharghistan (which is a pseudonym for a real country) were so emotionally touching and beautifully written that it also made me want to cry!Unbridled's writing flows, so you can't help but be caught up in her words and continue on to the next chapter. It was gentle, yet powerful at the same time. Although it does have a large amount of chapters, don't be daunted as it is a gripping story of love, religion and loss.
halamadrid chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
A beautiful story and a great read!
Linnea7 chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
Great story. Gentle and powerful. It really reminded me of what it means to be a passionate Christian. Thank you so much for telling us your story!
caleb-levi14 chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
I haven't read this fiction yet, and i'm inclined to do so. And some of the reviews said it was inspirational and that got me kickin' onto this. Well, i'm gonna read it and review right after i finished it. Hope you'll not disappoint me)
minty-star chapter 60 . 10/15/2011
Wow. Thank you so much for writing this story. This had taken me such a long time to finish, as i cried every single chapter, meditated on the scripture, whenever God tells me that He really loves me. I'm that kind of person who cries a lot, and who's easily moved by His love. But i never get tired of his love, even if He told me a billion times, it'll still get me teary eyed.

As i was reading this story, i felt like God is reassuring my relationship with my boyfriend. We had come a long way, and during those difficult times when you feel like you couldn't go on anymore, i get so frustrated and depressed. There was a time when we broke up, and i felt like there's no way that we could be together. We're both in high school, and unpleasant things had happened to our relationship. Yet God gave me Chapter 37 of Ezekiel, He told me that we could make it. He told me that our relationship could be restored, and when that time comes, greater and better things would be given to us. There are also times when i doubt if this is the right thing to do, but this story had given me courage and hope to go on. Praise the Lord. He had taught us so much in this relationship.I had learnt to surrender all to Jesus, and to grow spiritual fruits. You guys had really inspired me, to be a better christian and to be a better girlfriend. I want to serve Him, and let Him use me in every way possible. God haven't told me what His plans for my life yet, but He had been dropping hints here and there. He had also given me an amazing boyfriend who loves Him with all His heart. There are times when i'm really stubborn and i don't obey God when He told me to love my boyfriend. We had both hurt each other in a lot of ways, and yet, God healed all of our wounds and scars. Isn't He amazing?
theblindninja316 chapter 58 . 9/29/2011
I started reading this back in June of 2010, but for whatever reason, I stopped reading it and just started again last summer. Then my computer died so I couldn't review it. All the praise in the world wouldn't do this story justice. Amazing job. I look forward to reading the sequel and seeing what God has done in the lives of you, your friends, and Nate. Sadly, being a senior in high school taking hard classes, I won't be able to read it until at the earliest the beginning of next semester. Either way, it rocks. I love love love love love it! Praise God. :D
554 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »