Reviews for The Boy Who Talks to God
Jellybean 279 chapter 3 . 12/12/2009
I have only read three chapters and I absolutely LOVE this story! One thing I especially like is that you include so much Scripture; I love it! I hope this touches a lot of people. By the way, I'm adding it to my favorites. )

~ Jellybean
Uisukiiinyoursleep chapter 59 . 12/11/2009
Oh no :o(. "As true to real life" you say- are you the Ally in this story?

2008... that's close to the dreaded 27th birth year prophecy. That's too young to go. Be safe.
Uisukiiinyoursleep chapter 43 . 12/11/2009
I don't mean to be disrespectful, though I am never good with being anything but frank, but-

In this part: "Oh, Galiva. If only you had known Christ. If only I had told you..."

I don't understand. How would her life have been any different, except that she would channel love in a new direction? She would still die, inevitably. If not by her hand, then by an honor killing. The rapes would have continued; her confrontation of it (had she chosen to do so) would, again, only have resulted in her death. Nothing but tragedy colored her present and future.

Also: “But this was His will. He plans everything that happens – when we are born, when we die, how we die.”

“Yes, but that doesn’t mean it makes Him happy when bad things happen to us, or that He does it for some cruel, vindictive purpose. God loves us deeply, and He grieves when we grieve.”

How we die. OK, it doesn't make God happy (Galiva-specific); but why do it? Why plan such cruelty? It seems a cop-out to later say- oh, but He grieves.

Granted, we are all only human. I don't expect an answer that would make me miraculously understand; but I am also frustrated with the phrase, "God works in mysterious ways" which is implied as an answer to every tragedy.
Uisukiiinyoursleep chapter 35 . 12/11/2009
Yay :o)
Uisukiiinyoursleep chapter 26 . 12/11/2009
I am enjoying this story (even though, to be honest, I didn't think I'd get this far for obvious and certain reasons), but having reached this chapter... I just want to get something off my chest.

While Ally is likable enough, I get irked by her bouts of hypocrisy. She complains about the elitism in others, but exhibits it frequently herself (i.e., her disgruntled attitude at Logan winning the leader award- because, and this gets me, all he did was lead a basketball team or two and apparently that doesn't "count" for anything. I disagree.) Granted, she admits she may have been overreacting, but it's something I've noticed in her character whenever faced with Logan. She's very impatient, quick to anger, slow to forgive, and exceedingly reluctant to give people a chance or to change her perception about them (Cheyenne, Logan). It's only when Nate specifically singles people out that she's kind from the start, withholding any judgement (Luke being the possible exception).

I hope this character flaw is intentional, with a meaningful lesson behind it. Something that she learns and hopes to work on and change about herself for the better. We'll see :o).
kkobsessed chapter 59 . 12/9/2009
This story deeply moved me and at first I was sceptical, but let me tell you that I think this actually brought me closer to finding my place in religion. So thank you so much. You are truly a lovely person.
micey02 chapter 59 . 12/6/2009
really good...i think God has been gracious to you and this story, regardless if people want to read for their own views all you have to do is supply them with the word of God and that is where your job ends. I thank you for dong this, putting this on. It has been my uplift ever since i got into a car crash last summer.
absolutism chapter 59 . 12/5/2009
I stayed until 4am reading this O:

I absolutely love it. It made me kind-of cry a few times, and also made me laugh out loud.

Your writing is really engaging. Never stop writing. Cheers!
ehM chapter 58 . 12/4/2009
what a good ending.. :D and this is a true story? wow. :D I love it.. :D

how do we check your blog though? I'm curious about Sharghistan. :D
ehM chapter 57 . 12/4/2009
I love this Chapter. :D and wow, now I understand when God says. Trust me. :D
summers-end chapter 58 . 11/30/2009
I ignored a lot of work and stayed up super late for this story but I can't bring myself to regret it at all. And hearing that it's based on a true story makes me even less regretful.

In my life I hesitate to name myself of any one faith as I believe God is best reached by treading a spiritual path, not a religious one, so I don't know too much about what I'm going to say next. However I couldn't help but be extremely curious so I just have to ask: why didn't you name your story as a test of true faith? Because I couldn't help but feel that that is what you and your Nate went through-both of you had your faith in God, in each other, and in yourselves tested. It would have been easy to abandon all His teachings and just be together but you didn't. I can't think of a better example of a test of faith. Even when "Nate" came back explaining his new knowledge of what God really wanted from him, you never used those words but it's what I thought of immediately. My best friend is Christian and in my conversations with her, we've often talked about this subject. I guess I'm just curious why you never called it that. Especially when I came away with the feeling that you wrote this story to show that God will reward those who renounce everything for Him.

Thanks again for writing your story down! Even if you never pursue publishing, I hope you realize that just posting in on Fictionpress has allowed it to reach so many lives and touch them, even if only fleetingly, with the grace of God.

summers-end
WindLessNiteZ chapter 57 . 11/27/2009
hey sry forgot to check my mail XP and you are defintely welcome about the movie thningy ya the i sthis application you have to apply before you can join and i think i send the application at september i think ? can't really remember XP . oh well i can just hope . BTW i watched new moon yesterday ! if you read the twilight collection you will probaly no wht i am talking about ) if you haven't take some time to do it the books are good the movie was DX lol .

don't mind me asking is your country really at iraq or did you went there as a christian to help ?

just curious XP

byies )
Demeterr chapter 58 . 11/27/2009
This story made me teary at times, and actually made me even more further irritated at Christianity and religion. But it was a lovely story - and I was actually expecting Nate to die in the ending.. and I was secretly looking forward to what I thought would be a sad ending, but yay a sequel.
RaNdOm PaNdAmOdIuM liVeR chapter 59 . 11/26/2009
This is truly the only story that has ever touched my heart. How old are you exactly, i mean this story is filled with so much wisdom...Who are you even?

I could say this story has changed me but that would be a lie and still be the truth...In a way it has given me insight about God...

For me, i am an ex-Catholic, i don't necessarily believe in religions, but that we should just praise God for who he is and for what he wants us to be..

I have also been in a clinical depression since last september and still am. Is it because i haven't truly accepted God for who he is, that i don't love him, or that i have no hope for continuing my life...

I just want God to see me and talk to me, i don't know if he has and if he has i have probably pushed him away because i believe i deserve to die and go to Hell and before i used to blame God but now i know that apparently "i'm ment for something great in life"

Your story was so beautiful and filled with such real emotion... If this is what you are like in real life than i would hope to meet you some day..

Sorry i am probably treating you like an advice columnnist

its just that i don't know where to turn

why am i even telling you this.. i mean i have no clue who you are

i am just feeling void of feelings and love from god

then there is the fact of your story about those two being so much in love...

i truly think that god made me purposefully to be alone in this world i mean what man would actually love me for me

anyways again i am sorry...i really just ment for this to be a message telling you that you would make a great author but of course i let my stupid emotions get the better of me
nia reed chapter 1 . 11/26/2009
love the introduction. :) btw is it possible for you to post some pictures of the characters? it would be really nice. :)
560 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »