Reviews for The Boy Who Talks to God
minty-star chapter 60 . 10/15/2011
Wow. Thank you so much for writing this story. This had taken me such a long time to finish, as i cried every single chapter, meditated on the scripture, whenever God tells me that He really loves me. I'm that kind of person who cries a lot, and who's easily moved by His love. But i never get tired of his love, even if He told me a billion times, it'll still get me teary eyed.

As i was reading this story, i felt like God is reassuring my relationship with my boyfriend. We had come a long way, and during those difficult times when you feel like you couldn't go on anymore, i get so frustrated and depressed. There was a time when we broke up, and i felt like there's no way that we could be together. We're both in high school, and unpleasant things had happened to our relationship. Yet God gave me Chapter 37 of Ezekiel, He told me that we could make it. He told me that our relationship could be restored, and when that time comes, greater and better things would be given to us. There are also times when i doubt if this is the right thing to do, but this story had given me courage and hope to go on. Praise the Lord. He had taught us so much in this relationship.I had learnt to surrender all to Jesus, and to grow spiritual fruits. You guys had really inspired me, to be a better christian and to be a better girlfriend. I want to serve Him, and let Him use me in every way possible. God haven't told me what His plans for my life yet, but He had been dropping hints here and there. He had also given me an amazing boyfriend who loves Him with all His heart. There are times when i'm really stubborn and i don't obey God when He told me to love my boyfriend. We had both hurt each other in a lot of ways, and yet, God healed all of our wounds and scars. Isn't He amazing?
theblindninja316 chapter 58 . 9/29/2011
I started reading this back in June of 2010, but for whatever reason, I stopped reading it and just started again last summer. Then my computer died so I couldn't review it. All the praise in the world wouldn't do this story justice. Amazing job. I look forward to reading the sequel and seeing what God has done in the lives of you, your friends, and Nate. Sadly, being a senior in high school taking hard classes, I won't be able to read it until at the earliest the beginning of next semester. Either way, it rocks. I love love love love love it! Praise God. :D
graces chapter 58 . 7/4/2011
This was absolutely beautiful. I've cried so many times throughout it. You know, I'm a Christian myself [Catholic, but all the same] and my faith has recently been going downhill. While reading this, I've been doing a lot of reflecting [especially on late-night walks] and I've realized so many things: How beautiful the sky is, with all the stars twinkling so delicately, the breeze, pretty much all the graces God has blessed the world, the people, and me with. You've truly inspired me. I wrote down this quote said by Nate, I think, that really touched my heart: "Forgiveness is a gift- we don't deserve it, but God pours it out freely." I've never thought of it that way, and I was so touched, I shared it with my friend. I even wrote it down on this post-it, that I stuck on my wall. Thank you so much for opening my eyes. Your faith is very strong, I can tell, and the blessings God has given you are beautiful. I'm also really impressed that you've managed to incorporate romance, without all the mushy-gushy hormonal aspects of most stories nowadays. I loved the plot, the characters, the conflicts and especially the climax of this all. I can't begin to tell you how much you've inspired me. I've learned so much. Thank you! God bless!
Earthling Queen chapter 29 . 6/18/2011
I really love your story. However there is one thing that bugs me about it. Although I am currently an atheist, I was raised presbyterian (which if you don't know, is a type of Protestant, which called under the heading of Christian). I think that you should specify what type of religion Nate is, instead of just saying Christian, because not all Christians believe what he does.

For example, Nate is refers to people as Satanists ect. and is going out to try and convert them for God. In my church, my pastor preached a message of tolerance toward everyone. Not all religions go around referring to people as Satanists. Also, he says God won't take then because of their sins, and it is always through Jesus that you can reach heaven. I was taught that God loves everyone, even if they don't believe.

I'm not tryin to burn your story or anything. I really love it. I'm just trying to point out that you should consider making his type of religion clearer, since not all Christians believe what he does.
dreamtaker chapter 61 . 6/5/2011
It's funny. When I checked my favorite stories list, I noticed I have never reviewed your story before! And it deserves a review for every chapter of this story. I have read it about over a year ago, and I'm planning of reading it again. It is one of the best stories I've read in .

I'm currently reading the sequel. I'll definitely post some reviews there!
Jeshi chapter 57 . 4/23/2011
This story was incredibly touching. I cried several times––happy tears and sad ones. Your writing really pulled my heartstrings, and Nate and Ally's journey helped me think about some of the miracles He is working in my life, which I have always seen as somewhat bleak. I loved the pure spirituality in this story, and to be honest, I probably wouldn't have cared either way if she had ended up with Nate (even though it was necessary for him to have his realization).

Thank you for giving me the chance to read this. The beautiful, moving piece it is.

- Jeshi
MazeRunner chapter 58 . 4/2/2011
This story was so completely beautiful and touching. It's nice to know there are still people in this world with morals beside myself and those close around me. I pray one day I have a guy as great as Nate in my life :)
Dill Wilson chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
God should have told the boy to pull his head out of the sand long before he did - but an impressive spiritual story. Thanks!
Daddy's Little Peach chapter 59 . 2/28/2011
I don't mean to freak you out or anything, but I cannot remember the last time I cried as much as I did reading this story. 'Ally and Nate's' journey has struck me far deeper and reached much further into my soul than a Sunday morning sermon has in a long time.

I give my praise to God that He compelled you to share your story and that He enabled me to come across it. The last few months of my life have been tough, with me leaving home and trying to find my purpose in the world, but this story reminded me that, even though I know it's His plan I need to follow, He won't always reveal it to us when we want and that I must learn patience. I rejoice knowing that tonight I will go to bed with a peaceful heart that is filled with the love that He has given me.

Thank you so much for sharing your story and I will pray that God continues to work in your life and that you may continue to be His light in the world.

Peace in Christ,

Mish xx
Anonymous chapter 58 . 1/31/2011
Wow.

This is so incredible. What a courageous, wonderful, beautiful, moving story you've posted here. I'm truly speechless and well, all I can manage at the moment is a huge thank you for writing this, posting this, and sharing this with us all. Thank you so much. :)
belle chapter 58 . 1/18/2011
I re-read some chapters of this story again, and it's still as good as when I first read it. It still moves me deeply. I've read so many stories here on fictionpress since the time I first read this story, and I have to say that nothing really compares to this one. It's so beautiful that I keep coming back to it and it will always have a special place in my heart. This story is truly amazing!
Super Secret Ninja chapter 58 . 1/16/2011
Loved it! Almost every chapter I cried a little, it's a wonder I still have any tears left... This was amazing :D
Elizabeth Cross chapter 59 . 1/7/2011
No words are sufficient enough to describe how much this story has touched me. I hope you believe that God is using you to spread his love to others, because I can tell you that he has spoken to me through this story more than I thought possible. Everything in life is different to me.

I know that I had strayed from His path now, though I did not see it before. But viewing Ally and Nate's relationship with Him, I now realize that I have been approaching everything from the wrong angle. For this, I thank you, and I thank Him.

You will be in my prayers.

I'm still extremely young and cannot begin to fathom everything I've been shown through you and this story, but I know that I don't have to. I just have to trust in Him and know that His will be done.

I thought I knew what it meant to be a Christian. But boy, you proved me wrong. :) For that I thank you!
Alysha chapter 58 . 11/24/2010
I cannot begin to describe how wonderful this story has been for me; it came at a perfect time in my life and my faith has grown because of it. Thank you for sharing this, and God Bless You.
Zoius and the Devil chapter 26 . 10/18/2010
Nate is amazing. but he's so... far away. unattainable. Logan is more real. i love them both. and Ally overreacts to everything. ah poor Logan!
556 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »