Reviews for The Boy Who Talks to God
graces chapter 58 . 7/4/2011
This was absolutely beautiful. I've cried so many times throughout it. You know, I'm a Christian myself [Catholic, but all the same] and my faith has recently been going downhill. While reading this, I've been doing a lot of reflecting [especially on late-night walks] and I've realized so many things: How beautiful the sky is, with all the stars twinkling so delicately, the breeze, pretty much all the graces God has blessed the world, the people, and me with. You've truly inspired me. I wrote down this quote said by Nate, I think, that really touched my heart: "Forgiveness is a gift- we don't deserve it, but God pours it out freely." I've never thought of it that way, and I was so touched, I shared it with my friend. I even wrote it down on this post-it, that I stuck on my wall. Thank you so much for opening my eyes. Your faith is very strong, I can tell, and the blessings God has given you are beautiful. I'm also really impressed that you've managed to incorporate romance, without all the mushy-gushy hormonal aspects of most stories nowadays. I loved the plot, the characters, the conflicts and especially the climax of this all. I can't begin to tell you how much you've inspired me. I've learned so much. Thank you! God bless!
Earthling Queen chapter 29 . 6/18/2011
I really love your story. However there is one thing that bugs me about it. Although I am currently an atheist, I was raised presbyterian (which if you don't know, is a type of Protestant, which called under the heading of Christian). I think that you should specify what type of religion Nate is, instead of just saying Christian, because not all Christians believe what he does.

For example, Nate is refers to people as Satanists ect. and is going out to try and convert them for God. In my church, my pastor preached a message of tolerance toward everyone. Not all religions go around referring to people as Satanists. Also, he says God won't take then because of their sins, and it is always through Jesus that you can reach heaven. I was taught that God loves everyone, even if they don't believe.

I'm not tryin to burn your story or anything. I really love it. I'm just trying to point out that you should consider making his type of religion clearer, since not all Christians believe what he does.
dreamtaker chapter 61 . 6/5/2011
It's funny. When I checked my favorite stories list, I noticed I have never reviewed your story before! And it deserves a review for every chapter of this story. I have read it about over a year ago, and I'm planning of reading it again. It is one of the best stories I've read in .

I'm currently reading the sequel. I'll definitely post some reviews there!
Jeshi chapter 57 . 4/23/2011
This story was incredibly touching. I cried several times––happy tears and sad ones. Your writing really pulled my heartstrings, and Nate and Ally's journey helped me think about some of the miracles He is working in my life, which I have always seen as somewhat bleak. I loved the pure spirituality in this story, and to be honest, I probably wouldn't have cared either way if she had ended up with Nate (even though it was necessary for him to have his realization).

Thank you for giving me the chance to read this. The beautiful, moving piece it is.

- Jeshi
MazeRunner chapter 58 . 4/2/2011
This story was so completely beautiful and touching. It's nice to know there are still people in this world with morals beside myself and those close around me. I pray one day I have a guy as great as Nate in my life :)
Dill Wilson chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
God should have told the boy to pull his head out of the sand long before he did - but an impressive spiritual story. Thanks!
Daddy's Little Peach chapter 59 . 2/28/2011
I don't mean to freak you out or anything, but I cannot remember the last time I cried as much as I did reading this story. 'Ally and Nate's' journey has struck me far deeper and reached much further into my soul than a Sunday morning sermon has in a long time.

I give my praise to God that He compelled you to share your story and that He enabled me to come across it. The last few months of my life have been tough, with me leaving home and trying to find my purpose in the world, but this story reminded me that, even though I know it's His plan I need to follow, He won't always reveal it to us when we want and that I must learn patience. I rejoice knowing that tonight I will go to bed with a peaceful heart that is filled with the love that He has given me.

Thank you so much for sharing your story and I will pray that God continues to work in your life and that you may continue to be His light in the world.

Peace in Christ,

Mish xx
Anonymous chapter 58 . 1/31/2011
Wow.

This is so incredible. What a courageous, wonderful, beautiful, moving story you've posted here. I'm truly speechless and well, all I can manage at the moment is a huge thank you for writing this, posting this, and sharing this with us all. Thank you so much. :)
belle chapter 58 . 1/18/2011
I re-read some chapters of this story again, and it's still as good as when I first read it. It still moves me deeply. I've read so many stories here on fictionpress since the time I first read this story, and I have to say that nothing really compares to this one. It's so beautiful that I keep coming back to it and it will always have a special place in my heart. This story is truly amazing!
Super Secret Ninja chapter 58 . 1/16/2011
Loved it! Almost every chapter I cried a little, it's a wonder I still have any tears left... This was amazing :D
Elizabeth Cross chapter 59 . 1/7/2011
No words are sufficient enough to describe how much this story has touched me. I hope you believe that God is using you to spread his love to others, because I can tell you that he has spoken to me through this story more than I thought possible. Everything in life is different to me.

I know that I had strayed from His path now, though I did not see it before. But viewing Ally and Nate's relationship with Him, I now realize that I have been approaching everything from the wrong angle. For this, I thank you, and I thank Him.

You will be in my prayers.

I'm still extremely young and cannot begin to fathom everything I've been shown through you and this story, but I know that I don't have to. I just have to trust in Him and know that His will be done.

I thought I knew what it meant to be a Christian. But boy, you proved me wrong. :) For that I thank you!
Alysha chapter 58 . 11/24/2010
I cannot begin to describe how wonderful this story has been for me; it came at a perfect time in my life and my faith has grown because of it. Thank you for sharing this, and God Bless You.
Zoius and the Devil chapter 26 . 10/18/2010
Nate is amazing. but he's so... far away. unattainable. Logan is more real. i love them both. and Ally overreacts to everything. ah poor Logan!
Zoius and the Devil chapter 24 . 10/18/2010
I LOVE LOGAN! And your writing!
Zoius and the Devil chapter 18 . 10/18/2010
AH Nate is irresistible! (i still love Logan though!) this is amazing! somehow you take the dreadfully cheesy and the dreadfully sweet and make it something amazing! i love it!

ps - Muslims believe in Jesus. i wasn't sure what you were implying when you said that those two guys Nate met were curious about Chris!
554 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »