Reviews for The Boy Who Talks to God
Super Secret Ninja chapter 58 . 1/16/2011
Loved it! Almost every chapter I cried a little, it's a wonder I still have any tears left... This was amazing :D
theloverslife chapter 59 . 1/7/2011
No words are sufficient enough to describe how much this story has touched me. I hope you believe that God is using you to spread his love to others, because I can tell you that he has spoken to me through this story more than I thought possible. Everything in life is different to me.

I know that I had strayed from His path now, though I did not see it before. But viewing Ally and Nate's relationship with Him, I now realize that I have been approaching everything from the wrong angle. For this, I thank you, and I thank Him.

You will be in my prayers.

I'm still extremely young and cannot begin to fathom everything I've been shown through you and this story, but I know that I don't have to. I just have to trust in Him and know that His will be done.

I thought I knew what it meant to be a Christian. But boy, you proved me wrong. :) For that I thank you!
Alysha chapter 58 . 11/24/2010
I cannot begin to describe how wonderful this story has been for me; it came at a perfect time in my life and my faith has grown because of it. Thank you for sharing this, and God Bless You.
Zoius and the Devil chapter 26 . 10/18/2010
Nate is amazing. but he's so... far away. unattainable. Logan is more real. i love them both. and Ally overreacts to everything. ah poor Logan!
Zoius and the Devil chapter 24 . 10/18/2010
I LOVE LOGAN! And your writing!
Zoius and the Devil chapter 18 . 10/18/2010
AH Nate is irresistible! (i still love Logan though!) this is amazing! somehow you take the dreadfully cheesy and the dreadfully sweet and make it something amazing! i love it!

ps - Muslims believe in Jesus. i wasn't sure what you were implying when you said that those two guys Nate met were curious about Chris!
Zoius and the Devil chapter 16 . 10/18/2010
i kind of love Logan.

i kind of really love Nate.

i pretty much think this story is absolutely amazing.
Robot.Onigiri chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
I just have one question- do you believe in God? I hope you don't mind me asking, but I couldn't help but wonder from this story :)
Inday chapter 61 . 10/4/2010
I've been reading a lot of stories on FanFiction and a few here at FictionPress, which I just recently discovered, and I've found a lot of good, great, or well-written stories. I only have one word to describe this story: beautiful. Although it is a very common adjective, there is no other word I can think of that would best describe what I think of it. It is a great story, very well-written, but it's more than that-it's beautiful because it really touches the heart. The story of Ally and Nate is simply wonderful. I began reading this thinking it would be like the typical romance stories out there, but then it turned out to be extraordinary. There were times when I felt like Ally and Nate wouldn't end up together, because there were so many twists in the story. When Nate finally asked Ally to marry her, I was just so happy reading it because finally, he acknowledged his love for her. Their relationship is truly beautiful and inspiring.

I want to congratulate you for writing this story. It's so uncommon-or rare- to find a modern story nowadays that depicts a relationship that is centered and founded on the love of Christ. It is truly inspiring, and although I wish it is something that I would like to have, I can only thank you for reminding me through this story that nothing is impossible if you have faith and complete trust in God. My own spirituality has been lackluster nowadays, and I am thankful that I came across this story to remind me what it was like to live everyday knowing that I am in God's hands and sustained by nothing but his grace. Keep up the good work of spreading God's Word. God bless you!
Jae chapter 61 . 9/4/2010
there's really so few words I can use to describe how I felt reading your story, because I can't find the perfect words to praise God for how He touches each and everyone of our lives in ways we can never imagine- He's just too amazingly incredibly awesome.

I rarely come across Romance fictionpress stories that include such in-depth Religion and especially such strongly convicted Christianity. I myself struggle at times with my relationship with God versus longing for a romantic human relationship, and your story does indeed, among the many lessons it brings, tell us of how we must always remember to place God above every relationship. And then, yes, God will give us the desires of our heart and what is good for us.

(On top of that your story is indeed well written, though the earlier chapters were a little bit more slow moving, the last few were so endearing and I found myself clutching onto a pillow so tightly hanging on to every sentence (: Amazing.)

I hope to be able to read the sequel. (: God bless!
chocolate and bananas chapter 58 . 8/18/2010
Honestly, I'm just ..amazed.

Somehow it's hard to fathom how this can all be true, but perhaps that reflects my faith right now. It's staggering a little bit, but I'm trying extremely hard to really get to know God more.

I sympathize with the people in this story, because I've had moments like theirs, too. When all I want to do is give up all my earthly desires and just be with God, and all He seems to be doing is throw me mountains and mountains of problems that I can't bear anymore - and then I realize that they're not my problems anymore, that He'll be there for me no matter what and I just really have to trust Him enough to surrender.

And Nate! It's almost hard to believe a guy like him exists.

It took me a while to finish reading this (because, after all, there ARE 58 chapters), but now I'm finally done. Somewhere at the start I figured this'd be a happy ending, but towards the middle I started doubting, because with all the complications - it seemed this was going to end tragically instead.

I'd say more, but I might end up ranting. I just wanted to let you know, though, that in the simple way of sharing this story with us (with me), I've been touched, and I do think I'll remember this for far longer than I remember most of the stories I read online.

I'm not sure whether I'll read the sequel yet (because, yes, usually the sequels are far less appealing than the earlier works, and because I don't really read incomplete works, because they leave me hanging too much) but if I do, here's an advanced thank you, for giving me a worthwhile read :) I love the insight into God's Word, and I don't know .. I'm just really grateful God made things so that I would stumble upon this story.

All the best.
Wenet Jade Welling chapter 59 . 8/3/2010
"Oh Ally, I think of you constantly. I have this vision of you that plays over and over in my mind. It's from the last night I saw you, when we were sitting in Megan and Heath's living room after they'd gone to bed, talking and praying. You were sitting there Indian-style with your hands open, your eyes softly closed, your hair falling down from that darned pony tail you always wore, a look of absolute serenity on your face. You were praying quietly, talking to no one but God, and it struck me like a ten ton truck how much I depended on you and needed you and adored you. And then I was filled with a wrenching sadness, because you suddenly seemed, like you always have, just a finger's breadth out of my reach. As if I would forever be wanting you but would never truly have you. Thinking about that moment now is the only thing that can make me cry, because I wonder if we were ever really meant to be one flesh, or if God's purpose for us was just to give us a taste of that same passion with which we ought to love Him."

Beautiful.
astonished one chapter 41 . 7/24/2010
this book is so good so far. It makes me look at my own relationship with Christ. this chapter had me crying
TheWhimsicalTruth chapter 8 . 7/23/2010
Thank you for writing this beautiful story.

I'm still in the middle of it, but will most certainly finish reading it. You and Nate have amazing faith.

God bless!