Reviews for The Boy Who Talks to God
TheRushingRadiancexx chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
Well that's an interesting situation :) I really liked the opening to this story and I can't wait to read more! On to the next chapter.
Sarah chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
This is simply amazing, thank you for sharing this story with me. It has evoked so many different emotions within me, it made me cry and smile. This is simply a wonderful story, with an inspiring message and written brilliantly. I may not believe in the christian God, but i am extreemly spiritual and this story has made me rethink many things. Thank you. Sarah
definitely fate chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
I found this story yesterday through SKOW and was really surprised. I guess I didn't expect to find anything of the spiritual genre on fp haha. It's been such a pleasure reading this story and also the sequel :) I'm so, so encouraged. Thank you. I will be praying for you and the ministry!
TearDropsOnMyBlueJeans chapter 58 . 6/20/2010
Wow..as a Christian, I am so inspired and in awe of the strength of both you and Nate's faith in the Lord. I think it was and still is a truly wonderous thing that God is/was doing in your has opened my eyes to God's wonderful grace and unchanging plan. I'm a teenager, just turning 15 you see, and has been going through some rough patches, nothing too major, not at home, but in my relationships..with my friends, with my life, and with God sometimes, and this story, your story, has totally opened my eyes. I just wanted to say thank you, thank you for writing your story to share with us. You have a amazing gift for writing. And I found myself, when I first stumbled onto this story yesterday, that I couldn't stop reading it. Chapter after chapter, I was so eager to read what happened next. And for the times that I stopped reading, I found myself nervously guessing and wondering what would happen next. I felt the heartbreaks that you felt, it had a stirring in my heart. And I also want to thank you for providing so many scriptures that I didn't really think about or dwell upon, until it was referenced in your story. I have now found my favourite verse, Psalm 73:26 : my flesh and heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. From the bottom of my heart, I want to say thank you! I pray blessings upon blessings on you and your loved ones!

- hugs & blessings,

teardropsonmybluejeans
eskimoxisses chapter 61 . 6/15/2010
I just have to say thank you a million for posting up this story. I had skimmed past it several times previously, but never getting any further than the first chapter. In the beginning I was interested in this story because I was merely curious about the ending, because what will the boy choose: his love for God or the one he is too afraid to love wholly?

The scripture quotes seemed perfect for the situations you presented them in, and I found myself nodding oftentimes when Nate or any other character would make a reference to the Bible. Thank you for bringing this story to fictionpress, because this IS a form of sharing the gospel with others. You may be the only gospel to someone who has never heard it.

This story truly gives romance a whole new meaning. That marriage shouldn't be entertaining, but a commitment. Ah, and that love does endure despite unending hardships. The sheer courage and tenacity of Nate to express the Word to others really astounds me, and it reminded me of people I've come to meet in my life.

I was nearly prepared to concede to Nate leaving to Sharagistan or however it's spelled and Ally would completely cut off any intimate relations and it seemed painful and not suitable. But it seemed the realistic pathway of most relationships nowadays. However, I couldn't really see God wanting to deny a good person something if they had asked and prayed fervently enough for it.

Both of these characters are well-rounded. They seem to give effortlessly, and memorize and reel off quotes from the Bible lickedy-split but there are moments when you show that both falter in their knowledge, for a moment, and only grow even more stronger in their faith. It IS amazing what God can do.

Thank you for sharing your story, faith, and your sheer hard work (since it's probably not exactly the easiest thing to dole out sixty one chapters :) ) but I have to tell you I enjoyed all the tears, cheering, and ranting at the computer screen (due to the swerves in plot-line). :D
BridgedxLove chapter 58 . 6/12/2010
Hello, ma'am. I've been meaning to review this for a while, seeing as I read it forever ago. But I never got around to it until now.

I do believe with all of my heart that God has and will continue to use your story to touch the lives and hearts of many. I haven't seen many Christian love stories-much less non-fiction Christian love stories-so this is truly unique in so many ways. And it is my favorite thing I've ever read...including my favorite books. He will use such a beautiful love story to reveal to others HIS complete, passionate, and unfailing love. And isn't it wonderful that He uses the most beautiful of gifts-love-to show merely a glimpse of His love for us? And it is most definitely true God-given love when you find yourself falling more in love with our Creator God through your relationship with your significant other. I can't wait when God brings the one He destines for me to be with, if it is His will I marry.

Your story, my darling, is so riveting and beautiful. I could literally imagine/see God positively beaming when you and Nate had your declaration of love at last. It was such a blessing to see His plan unveil and come together so seamlessly (but not painlessly). It truly shows that He ultimately knows what He is doing when we have absolutely no idea. It just proves what an amazing God we serve, yes? I adore the absolute REALNESS of it. I wanted to rejoice with Ally (you, I presume), cry with her and the pain Nate must have gone through, the frustration, and countless times I wanted STRANGLE Noel. I am most definitely not like Ally in that sense, I probably would have slapped that woman silly! Something I definitely need to work on, I'll freely admit. ;)

My favorite part is undoubtedly when Nate whispers, "Eshta va ley." It was the most beautiful thing, and I can only imagine your joy when it was said to you. This whole story is an accurate...ah, I don't know the word to use here...I want to say a mix between occurence and description, of Ps. 37:4-5 and 7. I was thrilled when I saw the use of those verses because they are so TRUE. Especially considering that God knows the desires of our heart before we know them ourselves.

God is going to do great things through your willingness to write this story and all the occurences that happened through them. He has inevibaly brought me closer to Him, and He will continue to do so with other people, if merely just a seed planted. I will honestly say that I would love to meet you and actually talk about these things face to face, but that may not happen until we are both in Heaven. You are doing remarkable things. And I pray God will continue to work though you and you continue to remain strong and steadfast in Him.

God bless! He certainly blessed me through you.

-BridgedxLove-
yogabagaba chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
I've only read the first chapter but this is amazing. God is great isn't He? (Major understatement right there).I'm glad you got to know the boy named Nathan.
Fellow Believer chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
Hello.

I just wanted to let you know that I am so incredibly grateful that you decided to post your story for the world to learn and grow from. I am a faithful participant in Mormonism, a Christian religion, and I just wanted to thank you for the opportunity and inspiration your story has provided in strengthening my faith and love for Jesus Christ and God. You are a truly amazing soul, filled with selflessness, compassion, and love, and I truly wish the absolute best for you in the coming days.

(I shall pray that you continue to spread the Gospel in meaningful ways.)

Ben In Fiction chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
This is very good. ]
Sally Can Wait chapter 2 . 5/27/2010
Omg, thank you, Joel Osteen is so...UGGH. You know what he said? Somethingn like, 'If you're faithful enough, God can even increase your gas mileage!"

Just. ugh.

Excellent point, Nate.

-Sally :]
Rhapsody's Song chapter 58 . 5/10/2010
You know, I reviewed once early on as I was reading this story while I was still quite skeptical about it. I don't know if it is the romance that swayed me (I wouldn't be surprised if that played a role since I'm such a huge sap) but I actually grew to really enjoy this story.

In my personal perspective, the Bible verses and talk got to be a bit much, but that's pretty understandable since I live a mostly unreligious life. That is not to say that I frown upon your spiritual choice however. I honestly respect the faith that you seem to have (if I am to go by your story and the fact that it is non-fiction). If you truly believe in something, then it IS something that should come up all the time in conversation and be the center of your thoughts and actions. I particularly loved how you showed your character maturing in her relation to God through the experiences that she has (Legend, Galiva's death, Sharghistan). It really showed through in her ability to restrain herself and choose a different group from Nate's even when HE wanted her to join his.

I am definitely curious as to what happens to Nate. I know I'm a huge sap for happy endings and, especially since this is a true story, there is nothing I can say that will change the ending, but I really hope he lives...

Anyway, great story. Very honest and open. I really enjoyed it, contrary to my expectations :)
Aurette chapter 61 . 5/3/2010
I read this story once, a year or so ago. I'm so glad I came back to reread it, because it is so incredibly inspiring to me. It really kicked me in the gut, reminding me how I sometimes don't act very Christlike, you know?

The fact that this is a true story is even more wonderful to me. I've known guys like Nate, so even though he seems to good to be true I know he's not. :) It also strengthens my resolve to wait for a Godly man, one who loves the Lord. After a few disastrous relationships with guys who didn't care much for Christianity though they calmed themselves Christians, I began to realize that the one I'm to marry shouldn't be a lukewarm, watered down version of a Christian. And reading about Nate really makes me want to find him. Or at least wait until God brings him into my life!

Furthermore, I'm going to Hong Kong this summer with my synod's world mission program to teach English for two months, and I've been playing with the idea of becoming a Missionary to Asia once I can. This trip this summer, I guess, is for me to get a flavor of missions, to see if I'm really supposed to embrace this lifestyle. Reading about Nate's and Ally's passion for ministry really makes me want to share the good news with others. It's amazing, how little things like this story or a few Bible verses or a sermon at church reinforce my desires. It's like God's working in so many ways to influence me, to tell me where I'm supposed to go.

I think this story, and you as the author, help in that. And I thank you from the bottom of my heart for writing down your experiences into a wonderful love story, not just that of Nate and Ally, but of these two and the Lord our Savior.

God Bless! I can't wait to read the sequel.

In Christ,

Catherine
charmedblush chapter 14 . 4/22/2010
This is amazing and strengthen's my faith.
tangeritz chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
Your story was amazing! :) God Bless you!
kauth0 chapter 60 . 4/18/2010
I can not even believe how much I needed to read this story right now. It gave me such high hopes for a level of faith I didn't even know was possible. It is an absolute inspiration. If they could be that close and have that much faith, then surely I could. Thank you forever and ever for this wonderful wonderful wonderful piece of work. You have a truly God-given talent. God bless. : )
560 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »