Reviews for The Boy Who Talks to God
JaseyxRae chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
"But God told me to –"

"I don't care what God told you to do, boy."

for some reason that really made me laugh quite a bit ha.

I've heard so much about this and I love it already! So glad I decided to try it :) You have a captivating way with words.
The Whippoorwill chapter 15 . 4/16/2010
Me again!

Unfortunately i had to take a break from fictionpress recently, but i always come back to this story. I grow fonder of it with every chapter :)

It must be confessed, the chemistry between the characters, the characters themselves, it's all splendid really! I feel i can sympathize with them all oddly enough.
Nichole Green chapter 59 . 4/14/2010
ok, so i used to read stories from this site all the time. then my band went on tour-and i got saved. i stopped reading because i started to idolize men-even though i've never had a boyfriend or anything, but the idea of my future husband and reading cutezy stories put me in a really depressed bad place.

i randomly go to fictionpress and this is the first time i have in months and i just wanted to you to know, your story was such a blessing...i thought i read it was true in one of the side notes but i can't remember.

i can't begin to tell you in words how much of a blessing it is to a story that is so spirit filled.

my prayers are with your ministry-writing and others, if you want to contact me hit me up!
ByYourSide chapter 58 . 4/10/2010
Okay, so I totally just finished reading here this morning-I had a LOT of down time at a theatre competition, so I printed out chapters 44-58 and had a FABULOUS time reading it. The time literally flew! Before I knew it, I was at "the end" and wishing I'd printed the sequel! (Hope you update that really soon!)

But I loved it! I love how Nate reappears at the last minute, and the very, very sweet reunion. I especially love the time jump, because it shows that God doesn't magically fix everything overnight-Ally had to wait more than a year before Nate came back and proposed, and he's still going to die soon! (That part made me seriously wonder what's going to happen in the sequel.)

I am floored that this actually happened to you, and that you can translate it so very, very well into such a detailed and wonderful story! This is definitely worthy of publishing in my opinion, but I'm VERY glad you keep it up for free on FP-it's a welcome break from all the other fluffy romance stories! It glorifies Christ, teaches a lesson, and is popular! That doesn't necessarily happen a lot. You rock!

When I think of Sharg as a real place, like Afghanistan or Iran, it really freaks me out. In a good way. It made the goodbye scene with Nate so much more powerful. I love how Jessi came around at the end, and how Ally stepped it up to take care of Jackie. I was hoping she would. Nate chose a great girl. :)

Knowing this story was based off real events in your life is REALLY amazing. To know that there's an ending...and you're living it... Well... Kudos for writing this. For being awesome. For following God. You're in my prayers, girl. Keep rockin' it. :)
ByYourSide chapter 43 . 4/6/2010
I love the way Ally is maturing, and deepening in her love for the Shar people. She's grown so much over the course of this story, it really really is amazing.:)
ByYourSide chapter 42 . 4/6/2010
Nate is inspiring. I love the things he does to help other people, like Luke. I love his boldness and his friendliness and his love of Christ, and I love how Ally is, unfortunately, like me in that she's not quite as crazy as Nate.
ByYourSide chapter 41 . 4/6/2010
Aw, man! That's so shocking and awful! I hate moments like this in a story. -covers eyes- I have no idea what will happen next, although I'm sure it'll work out. Still... oh man!
ByYourSide chapter 40 . 4/6/2010
Yay! I like having the little author's note at the end.

What an intense chapter. It leaves me feeling so disappointed and worried, when I think about all the times I've fed my own pride and given God the cold shoulder. At least now Nate and Ally know where they stand with each other.

This is legitimately a true story?
ByYourSide chapter 39 . 4/6/2010
Man, that's a twist-the piano was out of tune, all along. I love that. Nate seems like such a sweet boy. A lot of baggage, though.
ByYourSide chapter 38 . 4/5/2010
Very powerful scene, and extremely well-written. I love your attention to detail, the way you describe the piano being torn to shreds. I can see this in my head as it happens, which is awesome indeed. :)
ByYourSide chapter 37 . 4/5/2010
*I'm glad Kaveen took it so well.

*Nate has me very worried for his peace of mind, in soo many ways.

*Ally is trying hard to be a good friend, which I hope will pay off in the long run.
ByYourSide chapter 36 . 4/5/2010
*Nate's determination. But it's so awful how he beats himself down so much. How could you ever be with a guy like that? He's so bent on being flawless and perfect, it's a little scary.

*Go Ally for getting her dad to help out! Brilliant move.
ByYourSide chapter 35 . 4/5/2010
*Go Nate. That is awesome, and yeah, it seems like the Spirit really moved in him, and used him to touch all those college students!

*Go Logan! I am internally cheering. Man, he's changed so much from the opening of this book. Maybe he'll get together with Jess?

*The Shars sound like amazing people, and I love Kaveen and the warmth of her big crazy family!
ByYourSide chapter 34 . 4/5/2010
Man, Nate is such an interesting character. I totally relate with him and the public speaking problem, and it's really awesome how he and Ally have such a tight connection with each other.
ByYourSide chapter 33 . 4/5/2010
:[ How bittersweet. There's so much tension between Nate and Ally... I want them to be together, but I'm really clueless about how it will happen, if not gradually, like I suppose. And gradual it is. You know how to make a reader wait.
560 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »