Reviews for what a beautiful mess
extinkct chapter 1 . 3/11/2018
So when I read this story, I have to admit I was a little confused. The ending tends to leave me at a weirdly weird ending and it's almost as if it was meant to be open-ended. I was completely in love with the writing however, I was conflicted for our heroine the sadness for her story the sadness as her mother called her Natasha everyday, it made me sad. I was brokenhearted when she was kicked out and that final thought was something I could relate to myself. I know the pain of being kicked out and having thoughts that mean nothing to the situation; it's a form of coping. ALL IN ALL, THIS STORY WAS KICKASS AND I LOVED IT BUT I STILL AM A BIT CONFUSED AT THE ENDING. I relate so much to the sister because I am that child; the child who is overshadowed by their brother. It's the kinda thing that makes me cry when I see someone else go through this. THIS was amazing and great job!
elma chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
oh no, keep going please! i love the title. and well, i want what happens next.

it was really... sad. but kind of a numbing sadness. i don't think i found a climatic moment which made the tears i could feel forming actually spill. haha. i imagine that's how she was feeling for most of it. but yeah. and having something incite that kind of emotion is quite an impressive feat.

so.. please keep writing? :) and i'm going to check out your other stories haha
ghurl00 chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
This is brilliant.

Made me cry.

Well done. :)
JaCi.RaE chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
Gorgeous story. enough said.
Hiwiwy chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
this is really a great piece. I found this via La Campanella, congratulations on getting nominated! If you are still continuing the series, I'm looking forward to the next chapter (:
morphine and lollipops chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
heh. I really like all your work, a lot. :P I look forward to more.
KarmaC chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
This was interesting. Different than I was expecting, for sure, but pretty compelling.
melaniedreams chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
i like it, it's so sad and so sensitive. the characters are well choosen, describe and you really stay true to reality, i think i will follow your work .

You definitely had me hooked in the first part, the point of view you choose make us more atune to the emotion of michelle. it's so insightfull... just wow

Why haven't more review ? you should be known !
xDoubleU chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
Wow. You really have a way with words. This was amazing, and I really hope you continue the series.

Also, congrats on getting nominated ;]
kfjhbvasiuhvauvba chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
I liked this story, it was very well written. You should continue the series!

Nichloe
candid chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
I saw this under the list of nominees on La Campanella. I love the way you describe her grief. Everything flows so clearly, and it is incredibly easy to understand the emotions of all the characters in the story (which is difficult to do). I also like how none of your characters are cookie-cut; each stands out in their own way. Your style kind of reminds me of Laurie Halse Anderson's "Speak" except better, in a way.

I'm not sure if you have ever had to go through something like this (I hope not) but even if you haven't, this still must have been very difficult to write. So thank you for sharing this with us. :)
muzikall chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
That was amazing! Your description of Michelle's emotions and emptiness was really good, and I love how she tries to become her sister because she doesn't know what else to do.

By the way, this story has been nominated for Best One Shot at La Campanella Awards (how I found this)! Congratulations!
jennycraig10 chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
I read everything you wrote, which I must say is too few for someone who has your talent. It surprises me how little reviews you have, when I feel that you deserve thousands. Your writing is simple, which I love, yet it is also very complicated, emotional, and beautiful. You're ideas are original and you make me want to write, which I have not done for a while like you. I really hope you live up to your word and continue this series of one shots or at the very least, come up with something new. I know that the recent scares of getting plagiarized has caused many fantastic writers to leave fictionpress, but I hope that you're still around, alive and kicking, and most of all writing. You inspire me to write, to feel, and to just read. Please continue. I can only hope to read more of your wonderful work.
passer-by chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
An interesting read. Well-written and enjoyable. Kudos.
swellhats chapter 1 . 8/22/2009