Reviews for A Tae Kwon Do Story
Inactive 190115 II chapter 3 . 2/25/2012
Hm. Things seem to be very different to what we do, especially the gradings. It's good to find out all the different ways, though.
Janelle3399 chapter 2 . 6/25/2010
um...hey.i'm currently just reading the second chapter and i came across several errors,most already probably stated by other ,one error that i have noticed that is not yet stated by any other reader is that even though i'm not one of the higher belters (i'm just a yellow belter),i know for sure that there's NO SUCH THING as a green belt in 's all.i hope u will correct this error.
obsessedteen chapter 2 . 3/1/2010
I apologise if I've caused any offence as clearly if your a 3rd Dan you will have the techinical knowledge to back up your story. I also realises after reviewing that I'd spelt 'dwiro dora' wrongly! Apologies for that as well. I also failed possibly to take into account that you maybe from a different federation other than ITF - which I belong to - so the terminolgy may change, as it often does.

However, this is not meant as a criticism, but a suggestion for future stories; if your going to delibrately spell the terminology incorrectly/phonetically perhaps you could put a disclaimer at the bottom stating that you are and why your doing this, as you could tell from my previous review I found it originally quite offensive that someone just didn't really care about such details when I love the sport and believe these are important it really put me off from reading your story, which I know as writer you don't want. Again good luck for the future, and keep on training as well.

Toria
NicoleV chapter 2 . 2/27/2010
In case anyone is still wondering, I am now a 3rd degree black belt; so I would say that I have done plenty of research in 8 years of Tae Kwon Do.

Chapter 2 is Natalie's first TKD class ever, so she does not understand anything being said as she says, "The beginning ceremony of the class contained some incomprehensible words, but this is what I thought I heard Tom say."

This chapter mirrors my first day of class, being confused and not knowing any of the Korean words being said. Yes, I know them all now, but obviously didn't on the first day of class.
Toria chapter 2 . 2/27/2010
I'm sorry but I'm a 2nd degree black belt, as well as a part time instructor in tae kwon do and are you actually serious! I mean 'CARROT'... I think you mean 'Charyot' which means attention in Korea..'DIP DROP' you mean 'Dwira Dora' which means turn in Korean using a spot technique to face the other way. The way you've written it isn't even phonetically correct! Every single command is spelt so incorrectly it is vaguely comedic if it wasn't so bad.

I'm not trying to flame you but to point out that in doing this you have just made yourself look silly as you clearly have not have completed any research into the subject you are writing about... I suggest next time you speak to someone who actually does Tae Kwon Do (you may do it yourself but not understand the basic theory behind it) - or more specifically a black belt that actually knows the terminology - before carrying out any further work! Good luck for the future.
JZK chapter 27 . 7/8/2009
nice ending - I like how the story moved along as she moved on different stages of the tae kwon do
Fightingrose chapter 27 . 7/7/2009
Ha! I'm psychic! I knew it! I totally knew he was going to propose in the test! I am so good! great ending really, They all passed right? just kidding. lol, great story.

Fightingrose

8/10
DevilWorship chapter 2 . 6/30/2009
Borderline insulting. Try researching your topic instead of offending people who might have gained a connection trough it.
Fightingrose chapter 23 . 6/30/2009
I am loving the fast updates! for a minute I actually thought the dream was real, lol, can't wait for the dinner scene.
JZK chapter 22 . 6/29/2009
Omg! I cant belive this. maybe it was just a dream. how could they?
Chloeee chapter 22 . 6/29/2009
Please tell me that didn't actually happen! :S I nearly cried lol. Update soon!
JZK chapter 21 . 6/25/2009
I dont think Justins cheating on her with Jennifer - more like planning.
JZK chapter 20 . 6/25/2009
I think Justins looking for something special like an engagement ring and Jennifer is is on the plan which is why she suddenly changes the direction of where her sentance was going in the end of this chapter
RomanceDruggie chapter 20 . 6/25/2009
I KNOW WHAT HE WAS DOING! HE'S GONNA PROPOSE! heehee I really doubt he's cheating on her with jennifer. D hahahhaa I got it didn't I? [if I didn't don't tell me cause that would destroy me]
Fightingrose chapter 20 . 6/25/2009
I really like your story but there's one thing that's bothering me. It seems as though Natalie is moving through the belt ranks awfully fast, I mean from first to second degree black? That should take atleast four years at the bare minimum. OTher than that I really like the story!

Fightingrose