Reviews for Tree Love
The Siege chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
This is such a unique idea! I've thought about plants having feelings before but somehow never thought to write about it.
Mr. Ree chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
Hey there! Your story has been added to the "oneshot" category of A Drop of Romeo, here's your review:

Ali thinks: Tree Love is the epitome of bittersweet. We all know what it's like to yearn for something we can't have, and how much that feeling sucks. Morine takes this excruciating feeling we're all familiar with and turns it into a delightfully poetic one-shot.

I hate to channel my English teacher, but the figurative language was just so good! Morine blended imagery and personification in her prose and the image it projected in my mind felt so vivid. Even though the trees are... well, trees, their feelings are portrayed so realistically, especially with their setting and the way their emotions were described. It felt like I could be one of those people she described- the ones that stopped and admired the trees' beauties, just like I admire their story's beauty.

It was such a memorable thing to do- telling a love story through the eyes of trees- and wouldn't put it past myself to start seeing trees intertwining branches in a different, more appreciative, light.
RedPenScrip chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
I am RedPenScrip, and this is one of my first reviews, so it may be a bit inadequete.
When I saw this summary, it astounded me. Among the things I thought impossible, writing a love story between...objects of some sort was there. Curiousity drove me to read this, and I am very glad it did. The story was very good, and I would have liked to see it been developed more, but I understand this is a one-shot. Also, your writing is just a it...simple. There is not much wrong with that, it could have just had a bit more substance in my opinion (keyword: my, everyone thinks differently). Otherwise, your use of the quote concept to make a short and sweet story was very well done. Great job for writing a love story of trees.
livingspiritz1 chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
What happens if we end up divorcing later on?
my oh mighty chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
Golly, this sure was odd? And oddly enough, I really liked it. Even though it's about tree's of all things, being in love. Seriously though, if you were in my mind right now, you would see how muddled this story has made it. It actually left me speechless. Which is beyond odd, because it was about tree's... Anywhoo, I really liked the originality of it :)
Mr. Ree chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Aww that was really cute. I'm going to have to add this to my favorites when I can be bothered to sign in!
InkWitch chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
Wow. What a concept.

"Almost as if they were star-crossed lovers, as Shakespeare called them, but it was not two families keeping them apart, it was just who they are, and that would never change."

WHAT A CONCEPT.

Me love. No really. Me loooove.
RentBoheme chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
Aw, tree love! I enjoyed this. I actually think the length was perfect; something longer than this might have dragged on a bit, but this length kept it just right. My favorite sentences:

"Sometimes, in the fall, when their leaves fell off, they would fall on top of each other, and fly off in the wind together, this was as close as they could get to truly being with each other. And while they weren’t able to talk to each other, or gaze into each other’s eyes with adoration, the wind did the whispering and flirting for them."

The piece is a little poetic, almost.
imprudently discreet chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
it wasnt sad nor happy

just bittersweet

i luved it tho!

gr8 idea n very original

u cud have made it longr bt it was also perfect the way it is rite nowD

sentimental and makes you think about things which you wud nevr think about...like can plants actualy love eachohter? and were so lucky as humans and the way it makes them happy wachin other couples get 2gether makes one realize that even if we cant get sumthing doesnt mean we cant be happy for others...

k now i think ive written too much

plz check out my story as well and reviewD

and keep it up!
squiggle-line chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
I like this...personification, I guess? (Man, it's been a while since I've had to identify literary devices...) There's something delicate about it, something sweet. My favorite: "Sometimes, in the fall, when their leaves fell off, they would fall on top of each other, and fly off in the wind together..."

There are a few sentences that I think are too bulky and sentimental ("so close, yet so far away"; the Shakespeare mention). You could tighten some of the sentences by cutting some clauses. This is a lovely idea though.
he ate my soul chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
That was so sad,

I've often remarked on plants loving each other to science teachers, but they said that plants have no capacity to love. So, being me, I said that they themselves lack the capacity to love and therefore received a detention.

That aside, it would be lovely to make the story longer. I have no other constructive criticism besides that, so keep writing :]
Vanity Means Nothingness chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
It was sad. I want to go make all the trees touch each other now, just in case.

But its a cool idea, I wouldn't have thought of it, ever.

Love,