Reviews for Doktor Bizarro's Bookshelf of Horrors
Lyra Kaji chapter 2 . 12/1/2009
O pown.

You have a typo in the last sentence...there's a random to before for...

YEAH!
Michael Panush chapter 18 . 11/30/2009
That's a pity, being that I liked Del Toro's movies a lot. I guess this is your standard Vampire Thriller with delusions of 'current events' relevance. Entertaining review, though it was a little lacking on the humor and hyperbole that I've come to expect from Doctor Bizarro, and seemed a bit more like a standard article. Then again, it wasn't a particularly awful book. I hope you find something truly bad for your next review.
DeepSeaDragon chapter 18 . 11/30/2009
Man, vampires have it rough these days. If they aren't sparkly pretty-boys with emotional problems, they're hapless victims of some sort of biological infection. I remember when they used to be personifications of seductive evil, sitting on thrones made of human bone and sipping fresh virgin blood from a wine glass...

And why the heck can't they turn into bats anymore these days? What, are lycanthropes the only creatures of the night allowed to transform into an animal form?
Michael Panush chapter 17 . 10/2/2009
Sounds like a very wierd and depressing book. I think one thing these review might need is excerpts from the book, ones that show particularly egregious examples of the bad writing you mention. Maybe something to put up in the future. Anyway, good review and I look forward to the next one.
DeepSeaDragon chapter 3 . 9/24/2009
I have to say, the bit about plants blowing their load in people's faces was hysterical. Yeah, Eragon had this coming.
Michael Panush chapter 15 . 8/28/2009
That was pretty good. I think you might have been a bit too hard on some of the aspects of the book. I mean, giving serial killers cheesy trade names is a huge part of their mythos, going all the way back to Jack the Ripper, so even if they are a little silly, it's just following the historical formula. This book did seem like it was entirely created to set up a sequel though, which isn't very cool. I look forward to your next book, whatever it may be.
moongazer7 chapter 14 . 8/25/2009
Why wasn't Atlas Shrugged on the list?

And, thanks, need some of these.
Noniplod chapter 14 . 8/7/2009
Thank you for the suggestions! I've noted most of them down.

I noticed that you had a book by Alastair Reynolds on your list, have you read "Diamond Dogs, Turquoise Days"? It's two stories set in the same universe. I think that you'd probably like "Diamond Dogs" (I haven't finished the second one yet) and I would heartily recommend it. )

After this chapter, at least you'll know that your future Zomborgs are well-read. )

Captain B
Michael Panush chapter 14 . 8/6/2009
This was a pretty fun read. No Clark Reeper Tales though? No, I'd be kidding myself to think that my scribbles could be placed in the same pantheon as these writers. But I didn't think Umberto Eco stopped writing. I read some of Name of the Rose, but I enjoyed his other books, Baudalino and Foccault's Pendulum (one of my favorite books of all time) a lot more. But those are niggling issues. Nice job and I await your next installment eagerly.
Michael Panush chapter 13 . 8/2/2009
This was a good summary of the various horrors of the book, but I think 120 Days of Sodom was a political satire, meant to skewer the self-righteous French nobility, clergy, justice system and wealthy. The movie does the same with the fascists of Italy. It may be a bit too nasty for your tastes, and it probably is for mine, but I wouldn't discount it as art just because of a lot nasty bits.
Michael Panush chapter 12 . 8/2/2009
This was a decent review, and it does seem like an entertaining experiment/prank on that publishing company. In their defense though, I don't think most self-publsihing companies read what their producing. They just kind of accept the manuscript and print it up. The one I used offered editing, but we didn't take it. The book sounds funny, and 'Naked Came the Stranger' sounds pretty cool too.
Monochromatic Stains chapter 13 . 7/29/2009
That actually sounds like a pretty cool book, I'm ashamed to say.
Loki the Jackal chapter 6 . 7/22/2009
Makes me want to read it...
Loki the Jackal chapter 5 . 7/22/2009
And this addition to Bookshelf of Horror's is what makes me favorite this collection of jewels.
Loki the Jackal chapter 2 . 7/22/2009
You killed me with that Rabid Wolverine line.

Can I put that in my favorite quote list thing on my profile?(or I'll take it down if its a no)

Beauty of a work.