Reviews for The Night Song
Aureleis chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
*gapes*

Wow. Just... wow. I don't really have much to say... the way you wrote this was incredible... I loved it. Excellent job.
Sercus Kaynine chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
"An idle mind is the devil's playground."

Pure genius, my friend.

Writing - Man, can I even describe how much your writing style sparkles? The descriptions... they're smooth as silk. Absolutely stunning and creative in every way. You truly have a gift for storytelling. :)

Techniques - I loved how you used the Greek myth about flying into the sun to enhance the effect of the story. The allusion really set the mood and painted the picture in a unique way. Creative move.

Plot - Certainly this was something I've never seen before. Science and Sleeping Beauty... who would've thought? Although the direct events took place in moments, the build up and backstory flowed into the narrative well.

Opening - It was cool how we got a direct view of things (the computer talking to the captain) before we saw the abstractness of the narrator's mind. It was nice to have something concrete to go off of. Otherwise, I might've gotten lost.

As to whether or not you should submit this, I'd say go for it. You truly have a unique gift for writing, and the owners of this magazine would be missing out if they didn't have this piece's perspective. :)
Karper-John chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
Wow! Nice sci-fi story..I love these
livvy88 chapter 1 . 8/25/2009
I read your stories about space with a mixed feeling of awe and horror. I don't think I've ever read anything else that produced the same effect.
RazorStar chapter 1 . 4/17/2009
This eas beautiful. The language you used made space so romantic and interesting. The way you ended it with the inevitability of death was a wonderfully poetic way to end it. You have a lot of talent, and I'm glad I owed you a review.
CrystalRaindrops chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
0_0

Woah. That was, frankly, amazing. I usually expect just flashy gadgets and Hollywood-esque action from scifi, and that's why I don't usually read it. But this is brilliant. I wonder at how you can make this image so tangible when you haven't even experienced it yourself. And how you display the narrator's quest for knowledge, beauty in nature - it's just lovely. It makes me really happy to see that sort of depth in this genre. And the fact that you're only a year older than I both greatly impresses me and makes me feel dreadfully insufficient -_-

If I was to have one complaint, it would be that I don't like your use of "And yet". The repetition's fine, but the use of periods after it makes it feel a bit too abrupt, and, for me, it kind of breaks the lovely flow you create. Other than that, wonderful job. Kudos to you!

Lily
Shadawn chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
This is by far the best space description that I have ever read. How you personify a galaxy as a woman, and the complex, deep profiling of space just touched me so strongly. Spectacular job! I love it!