Reviews for Better Than Breakfast
primrose path chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
Good piece of writing. Fantastic light read. Kept me chuckling from beginning to end.

This is one of the cutest little treasures I've had the pleasure to set my eyes on.

You've gained a fan.
nonaccount chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
Aw, so cute. :)
Round About Parker chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
This was adorable! I love the fairy tale trials flipped on their heads. This was such a fun read :)
Seize The Stars chapter 1 . 3/29/2009
This was adorable. It kept me amused all the way through, what with the woodland creatures (hah, George the female cow) and all the mishaps and especially Irian himself. I liked the way Vel was like some of the princesses and filled in their roles, like with the ball, the woodland creatures flocking around him, and the whole Princess and the Frog thing.

There was great flow too, I never found myself skimming or stopping despite the length of this one-shot. I liked the continuity of the breakfast thing and how it rewound back to the ending. Even better, I found no grammatical errors and that made it all more awesome.

Despite being a one-shot, I did like how you included background information and "worldbuilding" in a way, like with the Fairy Godmother/Father things. I do have to wonder, though; you said one of the Fairy Godmothers was around 9500 years old, so I guess humans have been existing for as long, but it's still in the medieval stages? Ah well, this is fantasy, logic be damned for the sake of fluff, haha.

Even though I knew what the ending was going to be, I enjoyed reading through their whole little journey and their Happily Ever After. It would've been amusing if you'd ended it with that, haha.

Well, just to sum it up nicely, I'm putting this on my Favorites.
Piroko Hatake chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
AWW! That's so cute!
CrimsonLilly chapter 1 . 3/24/2009
This was so amazing!I will be that much biased to say that I never expected any less from you since I've gotten to read most of your stories over the months and know your style...I loved both Vel and Irian,they were both so clueless,confused, shy and cute.I love your characters,you manage to give them so much personality with seemingly no effort and in such a short story as this one :)The idea is awesome and so very unique...Ah,just in a simple word-this story is gorgeous!
i-see-faeries chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
Aw, cutest thing ever! I love it. And a very nice parody of all the fairy tales. Love and adoration!
Kura-sama chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
aw... such cuteness!
Pinnacle of Pan chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
Aw! That was the cutest thing ever!
frogs of war chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
Cute. I was surprised by the Emperor attempt because I thought there would only be three. Irian was more obtuse than I expected.
Cealex chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
lol chao mian? is that supposed to be fried noodles in chinese? XD

funny stuff. i liked the story a lot _ and i missed reading your stuff lol.
Curb Crasher chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
Oh my gosh. The line about unicorns slumming it? Hilarious. XD

This made me happy, and I actually feel less sick than I did when I started.
Nova laVie chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
aws that was so sweet!
Twin Eclipse chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
ooh, love *purr*

could you do me the tiniest favor?

how's about just a lil sequal or second chapter with a little bit of slashy goodness to it?
Mystik Wryter chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
This was an awesome story. I can honestly say I've never really heard of a fairy godfather before. I loved Irian and his denial issues. Maybe Vel can help him figure out how to beat George. Can't wait for your next story!
60 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4